Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DBS Winterful, Wonderful Creations 2013-2014

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    Early to post creations? Maybe I entered very strong !!! :XD:

Big hugs :D
    Not too early at all. Thanks for sharing sweetie. Maise is an adorable pup! :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2014
    Looking Gooooooooood Sharon :D:D:D:D:D I can't find the link for the new Siggy :(

Hiya Everyone ... Great Creations already WOOT .. I have Rec'd all ....
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you very much you all :D
    All the wonderful creations rec´d. Great work :thumbup:

Maisie has grown up !!! :D Here you are:

Screenshot-778.jpg"width=580"

Screenshot-780.jpg"width=650"

Screenshot-779.jpg"width=325"Screenshot-783.jpg"width=325"

Screenshot-781.jpg"width=650"

Screenshot-782.jpg"width=650"

Screenshot-784.jpg"width=650"

Download link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7919070
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited January 2014
    :D She Lovely AIRIS (Inma) I Rec'd her earlyer on the My Page :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @TheMatteo0- Sunset Lagoon looks amazing sweetie. Thanks somuch for sharing. :D **Hugs**

@Rose- Thanks for your support as always hon. :D **Hugs**
    @Dawn- Hi sweetie. :D **Hugs**
    @Inma- Maise is still cute.:D **Hugs**

***We will choose a favorite of the week next Sunday.:D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you very much, Dawn and Sharon :D It was hard, my game frozen all the time :? I´m afraid I need to create a new The Sims 3 folder.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @Apple- Bonnie & Clyde are excellent! I don't know how I missed them! Thank so much for sharing them sweetie.:D **hugs**

@Looby- Thanks for stopping in sweetie. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Recipe

In Spain we are going to eat this for breakfast: "Roscón de Reyes"

roscon-de-reyes.jpg

"Roscon de Reyes" is a traditional dessert, served the night before or morning of “Reyes” or Epiphany, January 6th. "Dia de Reyes" or simply "Reyes" is the day when children in Spain receive gifts from the "Reyes Magos"–Wise Men or Magi. The 3 kings who brought baby Jesus gifts. Instead of gifts from Santa Claus, they receive them from the "Reyes Magos."
    It is traditional to put several surprises inside the "roscon." A porcelain figure of a baby wrapped in foil and a dry bean are hidden in the dough. Whoever finds the baby will have good luck and be the king of the party, but if you find the bean - pay for the cake!

Prep Time: 3 hours
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes

Ingredients:

4 cups unbleached flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 oz yeast
    2/3 cup mixed lukewarm milk and water (of equal parts)
    6 Tbsp butter
    6 Tbsp sugar
    grated rind of 1 lemon
    grated rind of 1 orange
    2 eggs
    1 Tbsp brandy
    1 Tbsp water
    1 egg white, lightly beaten
    candied fruit pieces, cherries, oranges, etc.

Preparation:

Serves 8-10.

Sift flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Make a hole in the center of the flour.

In a small mixing bowl, stir and dissolve the dry yeast in the lukewarm milk-water mixture. Once dissolved, pour the dissolved yeast into the center of the flour. Stir in just enough flour from around the bowl to make a thick batter.

With your hand, grab about a teaspoon of the flour from the side of bowl and sprinkle it over the top of batter. Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place, away from any draft. Allow batter to turn spongy, about 15 minutes.

In a medium-size mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to beat together the butter and sugar. The mixture should be smooth and creamy. Set aside.

Put grated orange and lemon rinds, eggs, brandy and water to the bowl with flour misture. Mix all. The dough will be sticky.

Beat flour mixture until it is elastic and smooth. Beat in butter-sugar mixture and mix until the dough is smooth. Dough should be formed into a ball, then covered with oiled plastic wrap. Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and leave it again in a warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size. This will take approximately 1.5 hours.

While you are waiting for the dough to rise, grease a large baking sheet with vegetable shortening and set aside for use later. If you will use a baking stone, no need to grease it

Once dough has doubled, remove plastic wrap and punch dough down. Lightly flour a clean counter or cutting board and place dough on it. Knead for 2-3 minutes. Then, using a rolling pin, roll dough into a long rectangle, about 2 feet long and 5-6 inches wide.

Roll the dough on the long side into a sausage shape. Carefully place the dough onto the large baking sheet or stone and connect the ends together, forming a ring. If you will hide a bean or a small foil-wrapped, ceramic figurine in the cake, now is the time to tuck it under the dough. Cover with oiled plastic wrap again. Leave in a warm place and allow to double in size. This will take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Heat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly beat the egg white in a bowl. Uncover the dough and brush the top of the cake. Decorate the ring with the candied fruit pieces. Push them into the dough slightly so that they do not fall off. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a rack before serving.

In the last half of the 20th century, filling the roscon with whipped cream or a thick custard became popular. Today about a third of the roscones sold in Spain are filled. If you want to fill yours, use a bread knife to slice the bread in half horizontally and carefully remove the top. Next, squeeze in the whipped cream or filling you've chosen and carefully replace the top. Keep refrigerated until serving if filled with cream or custard.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the recipe sweetie. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You´re welcome. I have mine in my fridge already :D YUM YUM
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,660 Member
    edited January 2014
    The grown up adult Maisie is a very nice AIRIS6962 :) Nice photos of her having fun playing outdoors in Roaring Heights. The recipe for
    Roscón de Reyes is great and would be delicious to eat. Enjoy eating the one that you have in your fridge.

Hello dawnrob :) and blacksheba1973 :) I hope you are having a nice day.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    You´re welcome. I have mine in my fridge already :D YUM YUM
    I want some! :mrgreen: Okay. I'm off now. I have work tonight. Night everyone.:D **Hugs**

267574603_640.jpg
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    The grown up adult Maisie is a very nice AIRIS6962 :) Nice photos of her having fun playing outdoors in Roaring Heights. The recipe for
    Roscón de Reyes is great and would be delicious to eat. Enjoy eating the one that you have in your fridge.

Hello dawnrob :) and blacksheba1973 :) I hope you are having a nice day.
    Hi Rose. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you, Rose :D

Goodnight you all

good-night-moon.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    JLSimberryJLSimberry Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    May I just say, that the creations featured on the new thread are already incredible! My Sims daughter wants a puppy, so thank you Aris6962, she is PERFECT! (oh your cake looks fantastic).

I want to live in Sunset Lagoon TheMatteo0; it's incredible!

ApplePolkaDot, Bonnie and Clyde look great and perfect to coincide with the new show. Are you watching it? I haven't seen it yet.

I enjoyed visiting and I hope to have a railroad house done to post next weekend. Good night.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited January 2014
    AIRIS6962 wrote:
    Early to post creations? Maybe I entered very strong !!! :XD:

Big hugs :D

:lol::lol: this made me laugh :p

Cute pup :D rec'd

@TheMatteo0 Sunset Lagoon is fantastic :D rec'd

@ApplePolkaDot new sims look lovely :D rec'd

@Inma aww the puppy grew up very cute :D rec'd

graphics-good-afternoon-755028.gif
  • Options
    GemBobMarleyGemBobMarley Posts: 423 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi all! lovely to see everyone again! *waves*

I always love winter in-game, its my favorite season (plus we get more snow than we do in England XD)

I thought I'd share my latest video upload, in case anyone who hasn't seen it would like to xx

Mr. Brightside
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHc3Jbpsmgw&feature=share&list=PL4W9fyGSnvL8xesfqyL8F_XVFPQJexnof&index=1

Screenshot-201_zpse72fcaf2.jpg

Screenshot-531_zpse6181fab.jpg

Screenshot-361_zpsa66a7fe2.jpg

Screenshot-51_zpsa7cee63e.jpg

Hope you like it xx

xx Gem xx
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rogan Williams was brought up in a wealthy household, till her father died when she was little and her mother drank and gambled her way to death when rogan turn a young adult she wasn't surprised and offered to help her mum plenty of times but she refused, Rogan was coming home from the funeral one day and found big beefy men in black coats taking everything from her house, one guy told her that his property no longer belongs to her and that her mother gambled it away, his boss give her time to move out but she died soon after, they didn't know bout no daughter of her, but they was nice enough to let her grab few clothes before she left.
    She ran to the garden and to the horses shed and they had already gone, she fell to her knees and didnt know what to do, her life had been plain and simple, nothing of the sort had happened and she had no family of which she knew and her friends...no longer wanted to know her.
    Rogan set off to Roaring heights soon learnt that the people were plain simple minded and most turned their nose at her, she knew they knew she was poor and homeless and slept by a airport run way with a tent to her name, so she packed up again started walking the long road and stop in Monte Vista, there she settle and people were........nice!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7921266

fqbg.jpg
    abov.jpg
    wwig.jpg
    kcuw.jpg
    djsz.jpg
    ykhd.jpg
    1xg7.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7921266
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hello Gem :) Your video is great! Very well produced! It was great to watch it. You have caught the feelings of the sims very well. Thanks for sharing it with simming community.

Hello Leep :) Rogan is a very nice sim Great background story details to her. I hope that she enjoys living in Monte Vista and can make sim friends there. The clothes that she is wearing look nice.
    The dancing duck in your earlier post makes me smile!
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited January 2014
    Happy New Year Everyone.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fun new years. We had house guests until this weekend. It was wonderful, miss them already.

AIRIS
    maise is a cutie and she grew up beautifully. The Roscon de Reyes looks very yummy

TheMatteo0
    Sunset Lagoon is gorgeous, beautiful landscaping.

ApplePolkaDot
    Bonnie and Clyde are wonderful sims, I will be adding them to my game.

rosemow
    Hello Sweetie

blacksheba
    the thread is looking fantastic

dawnrob
    Hello Sweetie

GemBobMarley
    great new video

leep
    Rogan Williams is a beatiful sim

Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam
    73cd11166b1fb52467d725ca9bfe7673.jpg"width=300"

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
    1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)

Step One
    Grind the chia seeds, if necessary. You can use whole chia seeds, but they tend to be hard to chew and get stuck in teeth; ground seeds give your jam a much more uniform consistency. A high-powered blender like a Vitamix makes the perfect substitute for a grinder. Simply add the chia seeds to the blender and turn on high for 5 seconds. Alternatively, you can purchase already-ground seeds.

Step Two
    Add the chia seeds, whole frozen strawberries*, and 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup to a food processor and pulse about 10 times until some small pea-sized chunks of strawberry remain. I like starting with frozen strawberries because they break up into small chunks rather than turning completely soupy immediately.

Step Three

Add this mixture to a saucepan and allow to simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. This serves two purposes: 1) it reduces the mixture (i.e. evaporates some of the water) to create a thicker consistency; 2) it gives the strawberries time to cook so they soften into a jam-like texture.

Allow to cool and set in the refrigerator for about an hour. Store (refrigerated) in a sealed container for up to a week

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hello Polysporin :) I am glad that you had a nice Christmas and New years time with your house guests. I hope that you have a very nice new year of 2014. The strawberry chia jam sounds great. Having the chia seeds in it would give a great extra taste to it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    JLSimberry wrote:
    May I just say, that the creations featured on the new thread are already incredible! My Sims daughter wants a puppy, so thank you Aris6962, she is PERFECT! (oh your cake looks fantastic).

I want to live in Sunset Lagoon TheMatteo0; it's incredible!

ApplePolkaDot, Bonnie and Clyde look great and perfect to coincide with the new show. Are you watching it? I haven't seen it yet.

I enjoyed visiting and I hope to have a railroad house done to post next weekend. Good night.
    Thanks for stopping in sweetie. We'll look forward to seeing your creation. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Gem! Great to see you pop in sweetie. I will check out the vid.:D **Hugs**

@Emma- She is gorgeous hon! I also love her backstory. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @Rose- You're so sweet hon. Tanks for your continued support.:D **Hugs**
    @Poly- I'm so happy to see you here sweetie. Thanks for the recipe. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png