Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does new computer fit with what I need?

Does the new computer- (which will be shown down below work Sims 3?) what would I need:

I have All the EPs except for UL and ITF and 0 stuff packs:
Store:
bodygown.simpack: 1,1611
veilflower.simpack, 8325
Edwardian Kitchset 5,854
Riverview: 95,160
(I also have BB and MV I could download if I wanted to and I will be getting a fourth soon)

my own:
Aladdin 1,100
Phillip 1,125
Phoebus,1,126
Naveen 1,053
Charming 1,042
Roberts 4,076
Norman Essex household 5,544

other (people made them for me on my request)
Banaka 1,124
Fei 1,079
Lady 1,055
Tramp 472

MTS:
Additional Activities
no intro mod
nosparkles

Nrass:
Career-school mostly but might want to download PT jobs
Error Trap
Master Control
Master Control Cheats
Overwatch
Story Progression
Extra
Money
Personalities
Population
Skills
Relationships
Traveller
and a mod and a submod we can't talk about here

New computer (gaming):
AS11AD
CPU:2.8
VGA (video card?): AMD HD 8350
OS Windows 8
HDD/SSD: 1TB SATA3
Memory DDR3 1600 2G+4G
6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited November 2013
    No! The graphics card is crapola.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2013
    I want a second opinion. I didn't have a choice because Dad brought it on spur of the moment-so I couldn't really tell him anything.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2013
    That computer is not a gaming computer. Go talk to an expert at a computer store about what you need, or have your parents do so- because we already tried explaining to you what your issues were with your current system in your other 5 page thread
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This is a NEW computer. I am NO longer talking about my OLD one. I didn't have any choice in the matter because I wasn't with Dad when he brought it. My old one can't be fixed.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    This is a NEW computer. I am NO longer talking about my OLD one. I didn't have any choice in the matter because I wasn't with Dad when he brought it. My old one can't be fixed.

If you already bought it then what are you asking here? What do you need?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Dad wants to know if the new computer tower he brought home from the Store is able to play Sims 3. The specs of the computer are mentioned in original post. But we don't want to open up the box (aka break the seal) yet to discover I can't play the game because of XXX reason(s) and we wouldn't be able to refund it with broken seal. He claims its a gaming computer-but I can find out who told him that.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Your computer will run it but you wont have a great performance with it... Less than good even, you would have to have very very low graphical detail
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Dad wants to know if the new computer tower he brought home from the Store is able to play Sims 3. The specs of the computer are mentioned in original post. But we don't want to open up the box (aka break the seal) yet to discover I can't play the game because of XXX reason(s) and we wouldn't be able to refund it with broken seal. He claims its a gaming computer-but I can find out who told him that.

No, the computer will likely not be able to play TS3. As dark5id3 stated, the video card is so poor, it can't handle most modern video games.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2013
    hi MadameLee i will be happy to help you to assess your system but i need more info and i dont want to be yell at :-)

ok, for more info - what you provided is almost enough:

New computer (gaming):
    AS11AD
    OS Windows 8
    Memory DDR3 1600 2G+4G

but there should be more info like the name of the computer and the processor, but perhaps the best thing if possible is to list all that info re specs or provide a link, thanks

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I know the brand is Intell..but I need to know (or my Dad needs to know) what is the video designation ID(?) besides the fact its at least is Radeon 900 that would fit the computer and if its possible the price of it?

New computer (suppose to be good for Sims):
    Brand: Intell
    ASM11AD
    OS Windows 8
    Memory DDR3 1600 2G+4G

I already did put the processor didn't I?-its the CPU. The other stuff that is mention on the box I don't think really matters since all that's left is Wi-Fi card (don't care/don't need that), audio, TV Turner and Monitor (we'll be using the old monitor)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    I know the brand is Intell..but I need to know (or my Dad needs to know) what is the video designation ID(?) besides the fact its at least is Radeon 900 that would fit the computer and if its possible the price of it?

ok if the processor is an intel ill need to know which - do you have the box with you or can your father tell you

re upgrade if you are asking if you can change out the 8350 to a newer 900 card - the motherboard will let you know if possible - if you provide the full name of the computer with its serial number its possible to look up options

sorry again full info is needed for anyone to provide any real info
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your graphics card looks like it's far too weak to run the game unlike my 1G dedicated card and my CPU which is double the speed required by the game and my computer is a laptop instead of a desktop because it was the only one I could afford to buy that would run Sims 3 and it's overpowered for the game.My computer can run Sims 3 and still run virus scans while my Sims game is running without any trouble.I think you should have the computer traded for a better one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ASM11AD
    OS Windows 8
    Memory DDR3 1600 2G+4G

The other stuff that is mention on the box I don't think really matters since all that's left is Wi-Fi card (don't care/don't need that), audio, TV Turner and Monitor (we'll be using the old monitor)

Since that's the only things that's left on the box. Besides what I have already posted.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

ASM11AD
    OS Windows 8
    Memory DDR3 1600 2G+4G

I already did put the processor didn't I?-its the CPU. The other stuff that is mention on the box I don't think really matters since all that's left is Wi-Fi card (don't care/don't need that), audio, TV Turner and Monitor (we'll be using the old monitor)

yes the CPU is the processor but you havent given its name like intel i5 -3570k for example

you have given the ghz thats what 2.8 but i need the full name of the processor

also intel makes video cards and processors but doesnt make computers i need its name and serial number like for example Dell - Inspiron Desktop Model: I660S-1540BK
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

i think you are right! ok, let me look at this and can you tell me did your father buy this computer at this site if so i can look for alternatives
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yep he got it at the Canada Computer store-there's are three versions of my brand that's on that website.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ok good :)

now let me first say your father did a really good job selecting the one thing that is really lacking is the video card 8350 - it will have problems running the game

now let me also add that this computer is soo much better then what you have been playing on that you may not even be bothered by the quality or the occasionally crashing

but i found a better alternative - i tried to find a computer that was as close to the price as the one your father selected

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_124&item_id=058401

this one has a card nvidia 650 that will play the game and all EPs with no problem

it also has more RAM 16gb - the one your father selected has 6gb which can be fine but you would need to turn off background programs when playing - with 16 you should never have a memory problem

• Options
    edited November 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:

now let me first say your father did a really good job selecting the one thing that is really lacking is the video card 8350 - it will have problems running the game

now let me also add that this computer is soo much better then what you have been playing on that you may not even be bothered by the quality or the occasionally crashing

but i found a better alternative - i tried to find a computer that was as close to the price as the one your father selected

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_124&item_id=058401

this one has a card nvidia 650 that will play the game and all EPs with no problem

it also has more RAM 16gb - the one your father selected has 6gb which can be fine but you would need to turn off background programs when playing - with 16 you should never have a memory problem

You're recommending an Asus, the company with a stellar history of service.
    Okay.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ok also to help the computer your father could have the card upgraded

i cheapest option at your store is $80 not including cost of installation
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_1200_557_558&item_id=062637

so its cheaper to consider the alternative i found
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i also forgot to add in case your father, sister and her tech friend want more info re why the game will run better with the 650 vs the 8350 video card

you can show them the tested game requirements here
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

note the Radeon card 8350 is based on the same tech as the Radeon 6350, so there are basically the same card - so you will see in the video card chart 6350 didnt test well with the game

but the nvidia 650 did test well

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2013
    Glad to see you have a new computer, now listen to ceejay she knows her stuff! She has helped me more times than I can count. Thanks ceejay for all the help you give to others.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the information/help ceejay and everyone else. I passed along the information to my dad via email.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    you bet! and i too am really happy you are getting a new computer
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_124&item_id=05

You're recommending an Asus, the company with a stellar history of service.
    Okay.

EA has the same rating at the BBB.
    Customer Complaints Summary
    2164 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1036 closed in last 12 monthsComplaint Type Total Closed Complaints
    Advertising / Sales Issues 243
    Billing / Collection Issues 166
    Delivery Issues 77
    Guarantee / Warranty Issues 14
    Problems with Product / Service 1664
    Total Closed Complaints 2164

So what does that prove?