The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody else HATE their username?

Comments

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited April 2013
    kati77 wrote:
    I don't actually hate mine, but if I'd thought that I'd end up writing on a forum with it, I would've chosen something different. This one I made, when I thought I'd just log in on this site with it.

While it's probably impossible to chance a user name, I think it would be nice to have a feature, where your log-in name and the username everyone sees here on the forum could be different. I know I would change mine.

Trolls and bullies would have a field day. :cry:
    I don't hate mine, but I wish I could at least take out the numbers. It was the date of the day me and my now ex-boyfriend starting going out. : (((

I think about that every time I see someone with a nym like "Roy'sGirl". :lol:

Anyway, I've always enjoyed mine, though the reasons have changed. At first I picked it cos I was so irritated with how sickeningly sweet everyone was over here. Sorry! Honestly I've never seen so many disgustingly sweet people all in one place, in my life. :lol: Figured I'd pile on the slop so everybody could see how unrealistic it was. Jokes on me though, cos the sweethearts over here are genuinely nice caring individuals who make the world a happier place, and isn't THAT what I've always wanted anyway? So eventually the point of making an effort to be nicer has rubbed off onto me. lol um, sorta rubbed off onto me. :P I still see no reason for being nice to people who get their jollies by being mean to the newbies who know less about this game or computers than they do. Bullies can have my stompy boots not my fuzzy slippers.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    kati77 wrote:
    I don't actually hate mine, but if I'd thought that I'd end up writing on a forum with it, I would've chosen something different. This one I made, when I thought I'd just log in on this site with it.

While it's probably impossible to chance a user name, I think it would be nice to have a feature, where your log-in name and the username everyone sees here on the forum could be different. I know I would change mine.

I don't hate mine, but I wish I could at least take out the numbers. It was the date of the day me and my now ex-boyfriend starting going out. : (((

Anyway, I've always enjoyed mine, though the reasons have changed. At first I picked it cos I was so irritated with how sickeningly sweet everyone was over here. Sorry! Honestly I've never seen so many disgustingly sweet people all in one place, in my life. :lol: Figured I'd pile on the slop so everybody could see how unrealistic it was. Jokes on me though, cos the sweethearts over here are genuinely nice caring individuals who make the world a happier place, and isn't THAT what I've always wanted anyway? So eventually the point of making an effort to be nicer has rubbed off onto me. lol um, sorta rubbed off onto me. :P I still see no reason for being nice to people who get their jollies by being mean to the newbies who know less about this game or computers than they do. Bullies can have my stompy boots not my fuzzy slippers.

Just like me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,149 Member
    edited April 2013

I didn't really think about that. And anyway, when I told my husband, the computer whiz, he explained to me that something like that would create all kinds of security issues, and what ever else... So, I guess not, then.

I guess I should just be happy my username is something pretty neutral and boring, and not something that would actually make me embarrassed every time I see it :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I'm fine with mine, as my username is something personal to me.

Quick history: I was born in a park named after a man who used to own the park, Deshong. My mom had earlier went to the hospital but they all were on illegal substances and dismissed her and my dad. So they tried to make it to my mom's mothers house but did not and she had me in the park. I was not breathing or moving and she got scared and did not know what to do but then she saw a bright light (no it was not the sun or a street lamp plus it was lightly raining when she delivered me) and then she started sucking all that stuff out of my nose, mouth, face and spitting it out, then I started to cry and move. And then some time after the ambulance/medical team came to tend to my mom and me.

And that is how I got my nickname as the Wilderness Baby or Deshong.

Funny though, cause the park had an art museum and I have grown up to appreciate art/animation/drawing/etc., lol.

Wow, that is an amazing story! :-o Thanks for sharing! :)

:mrgreen:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2013
    No I like mine, it's three things I really love :D
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    Not crazy about mine -- I was justme2 when I first signed up but something happened and I couldn't access the account anymore, so I started this one and added the "still" so people would know it was me. :? I really miss my "justme2" because that's how I'm known on Twitter and a few other places.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2013
    kati77 wrote:

That's funny -- I thought that maybe it was a reference to a kid or grandkid, especially in conjunction with your avatar. 8)

I could probably get away with using my husband's name in a handle -- after almost 22 years of marriage, neither one of us is eager to have to break in a new model :roll: -- but I don't see myself as an extension of him, rather my own person.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited April 2013
    I like mine. I had another account when I first started, but then found out there were a couple other people on...uh...'less than reputable', yeah, let's go with that, sites with the same name. So, when I got WA, I changed to this one. I love it! It's unique and freaks people out...even though the story behind it is completely innocent. lol
  • Options
    cappucinokitten2cappucinokitten2 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm not crazy about mine as I hate cappuccino and caffeine, in general, but I love cats and kittens, so I can live with it.
  • Options
    SimmerGirl20SimmerGirl20 Posts: 532 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'd LOVE to change mine. It's been the same for 7 years now, since I joined the TS2 forum. I'm known as "MoonlitSonata" everywhere else, and I love love love that screen name. But alas, I'm stuck like everyone else.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2013
    I really hate mine. I don't know why I used it, or what made me come up with it. I figure it was simply that my life was actually happy and wonderful at the time and I was graduation from high school, and was full of dreams for the future... but it still seems stupid and lame. I'd be so happy if I could change it.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited April 2013
    Come on Kartai is not very girly at all >_< I wish I could change it but all the user name I would love to use back then they was all taken but I still want to change it
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    I really hate mine. I don't know why I used it, or what made me come up with it. I figure it was simply that my life was actually happy and wonderful at the time and I was graduation from high school, and was full of dreams for the future... but it still seems stupid and lame. I'd be so happy if I could change it.

It's not that bad! :lol:
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited April 2013
    Glad I have mine! :mrgreen: cause it's me!
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    No, I put quite a bit of thought into my name. It all started a very long time ago when I was playing Bustin Out. I had noticed how EA or was it Maxis, not sure, did a play on names with those sims. I decided I wanted to do something similar, but I wanted to do a play on colors. I had named my sim Pinky LaBlue. That would have been my username, but when I was picking out my user name, they would not allow it for some reason. I did not get to pick the number, and didn't really care for that part. Ever since then there has been at least one Pinky LaBlue in every released Sims game that I have played.
  • Options
    tanya7768tanya7768 Posts: 118 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nope, Mine is my RL name with some special numbers I will always remember. :)
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    Love mine! Although it seems to confuse some people. Some people think it's a reference to indie music, but it's actually a nickname for Indianapolis. Oh, well. I like Indy and I like indie, too--so it's all good!

:)-peace
  • Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited April 2013
    Not that I hate mine but it really doesn't fit anymore and I made it on a lark after seeing a 'who's line is it anyway?' taping. I love Colin Mochrie but now I would prefer to change to something else after 6 years.
  • Options
    friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited April 2013
    nope

cause i still like the ultima series and hope to someday play all the games
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2013
    I didn't know that it couldn't be changed at the time so I just typed in anything really fast just to Make a profile I was in a hurry at the time smh little did I know it would be my sim "tattoo" forever :cry: geeeesh after all these years I'm still trying to think of four words I could use to make me wanna like it "B.R.S.Y" ???? :(
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2013
    Nope - mine fits me to a tee. I was a child in the 80s, and I love horror films, particularly ones from that era. It's pretty much my name almost everywhere.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    billisrulzbillisrulz Posts: 415 Member
    edited April 2013
    13 year old me chose wrong. My username is pretty bad.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2013
    Had no plans of being on the forums etc when I made it...just did it to register games. Would really like to change it.
    Oh well.

... Icy_Lava your name inspired me to come up with Obsidian Rain in the name the avatar's baby game...It's stuck in my head.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited April 2013
    brsy wrote:
    I didn't know that it couldn't be changed at the time so I just typed in anything really fast just to Make a profile I was in a hurry at the time smh little did I know it would be my sim "tattoo" forever :cry: geeeesh after all these years I'm still trying to think of four words I could use to make me wanna like it "B.R.S.Y" ???? :(

lol..."brsy", makes me picture a drunk person trying to say "busy".
    "Sorry offsicor, I won't be able to (hic) come down to the station (stumble) with you, for I am far too brsy right now (crash face down on the ground)

Sorry, prob didn't help at all. :?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2013
    treece01 wrote:
    brsy wrote:

lol..."brsy", makes me picture a drunk person trying to say "busy".
    "Sorry offsicor, I won't be able to (hic) come down to the station (stumble) with you, for I am far too brsy right now (crash face down on the ground)

Sorry, prob didn't help at all. :?

Hahahaha :lol::lol: Not only now I can't find four words to use to make me like it I also see it as "drunk lingo" lol omg that made me laugh so hard because I was reading it how a drunk person would have said it... Hilarious !!! :thumbup: