May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Ok, it's 2 Est. Typically news is released at 10 PST.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK! I still didn't see anything being announced today or this week, whatever
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2022
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think once upon a time that would have happened, but I think nowadays a show like that is too adult for them to even playfully reference. Which is sad. I miss the edgeiness (I am going with this as a word) of the earlier games. Although, I could have sworn there was a "mother of something" mentioned somewhere in the game. In a painting perhaps, not sure.. Maybe that was in Sims 3... Or, it could be a mod or cc... I am just blathering now..
    We actually got a couple of GoT references in Sims 4. "A Game of Groans" and a "A Game of Musical Chairs: A Song of Hot And Cold" are books in the game, and your sims can catch the season premier of Game of Llamas. But we'll probably never get anything that really leans into GoT, given how a) it doesn't cater to their intended audience, and b) after the terrible reception it got by the end, people aren't really clamoring for it.

I’m biased since I love LOTR, but I think a pack themed on that would get a lot more reception then GOT or Star Wars.
    Although Batuu apparently stinks (don’t have it), one can hope something happens with the new Rings of Power Amazon series…
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,002 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Werescythe wrote: »

After I asked him that I realized that if they are coming in the next gp then he would not be working on them at the moment. Plus I'm pretty sure he joined the team after they started working on the pack.

I’m hoping he is working on a generations expansion and working on babies….. and is just not working on the werewolves game pack. I can’t see how Maxis could not be coming out with a werewolves pack after all we have seen and heard lately.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited May 2022
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    I have a feeling that something will happen today.
    It is May 9th and on The Sims' twitter they published this strange clock pointing at 9 o clock just some days ago.

I might be digging too much into it but it was just not so usual of them to do so.
    Might happen may 9th at 12, who knowsss

That clock drove me bonkers. I was thinking about what it could be about for ages. But I think it may just be a reference to when "night" begins. Like maybe the moon comes out at 9, so that is when the werewolves would turn..

Edited for typo..
    Post edited by Chaotic_Moira on
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Random but the other thread was closed so I'm putting it here.
    @DaniRose2143 if you're interested in cyberpunk stuff this creator has the most awesome stuff free on patreon. The latest being this super cool capsule bed that actually works.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/66118760
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,059 Member
    @Babykittyjade Thanks for the link! I had a glance and I will have to go on a download spree. I also keep forgetting to go back to TSR and sift through their Cyberpunk collection. It ran for a week so there should be plenty of stuff to grab.
  • Options
    I'm just now seeing this post.
    I think this is almost turning 12o'clock 👀 i wonder if they are playing with our emotions or something comes out at midnight 🐺 🌙 🌔 🌖 🌛 🌜 🌕
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,478 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Hope he's working on something separate from the GP as I'm really wanting werewolves.

He isn't working on werewolves. He ruled that out.
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    Ok, it's 2 Est. Typically news is released at 10 PST.

It's about 6 30am on the East Coast. We have several hours to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Will there or won't there be an announcement today, that is the question?...

or maybe some more teasing of what's to come 🤔
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options

I'm hoping we'll get some news today.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member

I'm hoping we'll get some news today.

me toooo

I've never been so frustrated by such lack of news or leaks.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I just noticed that the Spanish profile of The Sims (Los Sims) had the same tweet but with a different hour :#

EDIT: So I think it was no hint, just the time they posted it LOL
  • Options
    Could be June 9th... 6 and 9. It falls on a Thursday.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,602 Member
    Could be June 9th... 6 and 9. It falls on a Thursday.

Obligatory "aww yeah, 69" joke.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think once upon a time that would have happened, but I think nowadays a show like that is too adult for them to even playfully reference. Which is sad. I miss the edgeiness (I am going with this as a word) of the earlier games. Although, I could have sworn there was a "mother of something" mentioned somewhere in the game. In a painting perhaps, not sure.. Maybe that was in Sims 3... Or, it could be a mod or cc... I am just blathering now..
    We actually got a couple of GoT references in Sims 4. "A Game of Groans" and a "A Game of Musical Chairs: A Song of Hot And Cold" are books in the game, and your sims can catch the season premier of Game of Llamas. But we'll probably never get anything that really leans into GoT, given how a) it doesn't cater to their intended audience, and b) after the terrible reception it got by the end, people aren't really clamoring for it.

I’m biased since I love LOTR, but I think a pack themed on that would get a lot more reception then GOT or Star Wars.
    Although Batuu apparently stinks (don’t have it), one can hope something happens with the new Rings of Power Amazon series…

If it meant I got HOBBITS in the sims I would trade a child for it...

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    TheSims are teasing us again. This screams that some kind of announcement will be coming Next Week.

• Options
    I came here just to say that: it's friday 13th and it is a very good day to give us some news!
  • Options
    Wait... what do people say about trash when they are obsessed?😅😅
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I'm not a native speaker, but according to : https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fandom Trash
    You replace ''fandom'' with the actual fandom name you want to talk about. Am I right? ;)
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    So, I suppose we'll have a teaser next week :|
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    So, I suppose we'll have a teaser next week :|
    Imma say yes
  • Options
    KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    Fandom trash as in music bands fans, reality tv shows, sport fans....I would go back to that survey about bands, heists, story progression....looks like they are slowly including everything! Not sure how trash would relate to werewolves though but the howl scene means werewolves for sure....