Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims/Logitech Collaboration (Winner Announced)

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is awesome but I probably won't get it. I'll look and see what they offer but the last collaboration they did like this, I just could not find anything in the color or style I wanted. I have an all pink set up with a pink mechanical light up keyboard and other lights around so that it looks awesome playing at night.
    If I can find something to go with my barbie theme I would love to have it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,993 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm getting old @AncientMuse and playing video games in the dark is bad for your eyes, so it's not something I'd ever do.

:lol: mood even if I'm not even that old
    motion sickness and light sensitivity is bad enough without any immersive lights

I had my gamer light days already when i was like 13 and everything existed in colors of the gamer lights and life was eternal disco fever

now it just feels highly unneccessary and doesn't match with my :star:decor:star: anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm getting old @AncientMuse and playing video games in the dark is bad for your eyes, so it's not something I'd ever do.

:lol: mood even if I'm not even that old
    motion sickness and light sensitivity is bad enough without any immersive lights

I had my gamer light days already when i was like 13 and everything existed in colors of the gamer lights and life was eternal disco fever

now it just feels highly unneccessary and doesn't match with my :star:decor:star: anyway

Maybe it will appeal to the current Sims marketing demographic.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,728 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think there is a market for these, and compared to Moschino, this will probably be reasonably priced.

It needs to be said though, it feels like we are seeing everything "the sims4" except game development.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yeah I do think they are probably aiming for new folks wallets with these

I kinda understand but also its kinda sad that whole series is just plumbobs on bright background when it comes to marketing and merch

we would have so many cool designs that could be used :<

well I guess it does save me my moneys so :lol: whatever really
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited March 2022
    Do you have a larger head or an average/small one, @logion? I'm asking because I need a new headset but I have a really big head and most headsets range from uncomfortable to downright painful as a result.
    It makes getting a new one a real chore, as I can't just order online, I have to find a way to fit-test them, or at the very least find someone else with a kinda big head to give them a rec.

Total aside, but i can't buy hats just off-the-shelf either, mostly even the largest size doesn't fit. I have to have my cowboy hats custom made. >.<

If you want a high quality headset that will last for years the Beyerdynamic DT990 pros are AMAZING.

I've gone through many headphones in the last decade and these are by far the best ones I've used. Extremely comfortable, like seriously. Only downside is that these are studio headphones and require an amp to get the full use out of them, but imo, it's worth it to have the amazing sound quality as well as comfort.

CM Edit: Link removed, no advertising please.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    edited March 2022
    Only open for the US, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, France, Thailand, Germany and Mexico. I know these tend to have a small range because of laws and stuff, but RIP Canada yet again.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah I live in Canada but yeah good luck to whoever is participating. Apparently, they also get a chance to design more sims themed Logitech items so I'm interested to see what kind of sims themed items they will have in the future. I think a cowplant design would be super popular lol.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I have the Logitech G203 mouse and just noticed this effect today. Very cool addition but I will say we thought something had gone horribly wrong when we first started up the game because the white and green animation that they mention in the article looks more like the mouse is malfunctioning, it switches so fast between the two colours. Maybe it works better on different peripherals but they might want to tone that down a bit.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 446 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Yeah I live in Canada but yeah good luck to whoever is participating. Apparently, they also get a chance to design more sims themed Logitech items so I'm interested to see what kind of sims themed items they will have in the future. I think a cowplant design would be super popular lol.
    Gordy wrote: »
    Only open for the US, the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Spain, France, Thailand, Germany and Mexico. I know these tend to have a small range because of laws and stuff, but RIP Canada yet again.

Ok, I'm making a contest for us Canadians. I've never organized a contest before, but I'll figure it out!

• Options
    For those interested, tips on creating your mood board and a review of the prizes.

https://youtu.be/0UoG0j47m5w

How to Enter:
    Create a color-themed mood board that expresses who you are using screenshots from The Sims 4.

Upload a mood board PDF, Jpeg or PNG. 80% of photos must be from The Sims 4.
    Make sure your board has a clearly identifiable color palette.
    Our judges will narrow down the submissions to 10 mood boards on March 28th.

The public will vote on their favorites until March 30th.

Winner announced March 31st.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Whoopie... just what I don't need. Or want. Would be better if they partnered with someone that can teach them how to get the game running properly.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I had a Logitech G15 (the old one with the flip-up LCD screen), followed by a G510 and a G512 Carbon. I'm currently using a simple K120, just a cheap, functional Logitech keyboard. I'd had mixed (poor) experiences with the G510 and G512, enough to make me not want to bother with gaming keyboards any more. I still like Logitech stuff.
    The idea of having mood colours adjust the keyboard RGB is pretty good though, and I hope it is well-received.
  • Options
    I believe voting begins tomorrow.

Our judges will narrow down the submissions to 10 mood boards on March 28th.
    The public will vote on their favorites until March 30th.

Winner announced March 31st.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Click on the first image and then you can stroll through all entries before voting.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'd find this really cool for about five minutes.

I already have lighting behind the telly I play on. Only cost a few quid/bucks/simoleons from Poundland as well :) Connects and runs from USB so presumably someone who could be bothered could make it do all sorts with a few lines of code.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    This is my favorite. I love the colors. So cheerful and fun.

Tcnaa6J.png
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I think my favorite was the Citrus one. It just stood out to me. I did really like the first mermaid one, though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,556 Member
    This is my favorite. I love the colors. So cheerful and fun.

Tcnaa6J.png

Spooky... I voted for that one before I came into this thread. I love the Summer, so that one really speaks to me :)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Cannot vote because I am too upset there is no grey vlad mood board

not even sneaked in vlads
    i am sad

do i have to make one now even though i cannot participate anyway :lol:
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    My favorite one is the one with the image of a heart drawn on the sand on the left side. It's a bit odd that it's my favorite, because the color palette isn't one I'd expect myself to be fond of, but I like the simplicity of the design and serenity that it evokes when I look at it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I voted for the Grim one. That one is dark, I love it!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p