Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Forum

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
is the Sims 3 forum dying off. Seems not to many post anymore, seems like only what happening in your game and show your last screen shot is all that is on. I remember this place was buzzing.

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I wouldn't say it's dying, there's just not many of us here. But the ones that are here do post quite often. The subreddit for TS3 is very active, I get on there a lot.
  • Options
    @Astro Thank you, I love the sims 3, have had the sims since sim 1 first came out. my Granddaughter gave it to me on my Birthday. I am now 81 and still playing. I have never stopped playing or grew tired. I guess I will play it until my last days. I started years ago the A-Z Challenge and made it to Zack. It took a very long time. but it was so much fun. It is the best game ever. I have tried sims 4 but just can't get my head around it. You have a good day and have fun with the Sims
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I’m still here lurking
    :| Hopefully will be back fully when I get a replacement computer.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    @Astro Thank you, I love the sims 3, have had the sims since sim 1 first came out. my Granddaughter gave it to me on my Birthday. I am now 81 and still playing. I have never stopped playing or grew tired. I guess I will play it until my last days. I started years ago the A-Z Challenge and made it to Zack. It took a very long time. but it was so much fun. It is the best game ever. I have tried sims 4 but just can't get my head around it. You have a good day and have fun with the Sims

That's so sweet. :)

I didn't start playing The Sims till 2007, so towards the end of TS2 lifetime. I also can't really get into TS4, it's just to limiting for me. I LOVE TS3 though, and I'm glad that it's an ambitious game that offers an endless amount of fun!
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to hear that but I do know how you feel, nothing worst then when the computer is not working. I say to people if you come into my house to take things, you can take anything you want but do not take my computer. I love the computer and of course it has the sims on it. I take care of my church website. The sims 3 is the best. Hope you get your replacement computer soon. looking forward to your post.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    The simmers are spread out on many different forums, and I guess that when most questions have already been answered people just google and read the older posts. There are less new Sims 3 things to discuss now, so topics about what's going on in our games are the most popular. :smile:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    @Cororon, thanks for the input, you are right about more topic on what they are doing in their game. That is good also, I do like the post on that and post of worlds
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I just don't have any need to start new threads, any questions or issues I had, I already asked in the past.
    I like to share my stories and photos, but I can do that easily on an already created thread.=)
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Evalen - As I stated a long time ago, in a thread now forgotten. I'm in the Sims 3 for the long haul, so I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here when they finally decide to shut this site down. And then, me and my Simmies will simply go somewhere else.

I don't post as much as I used to because the things which interest me about this game are more on the -- for lack of a better word -- 'serious' side of the game's construction especially in the areas of their learning algorithm and autonomous A.I. behaviors. Judging by the lack of threads on these subjects, I would guess these are probably boring topics to many players. This forum, from my point of view, seems to like to keep things fun, fast and fluffy in terms of topics. So now, I'm more of a lurker than a participant. But I'm still here!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    My game got so bloated, and I got so frustrated, that I just deleted everything and reinstalled from Steam. So I lost all my previous saves, but this time I can only load the CC and mods I actually use all the time, and hopefully have better luck.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Mod the Sims forums are fairly active. I mostly look at the WCIF because I like hunting down cc. But there are others who love to talk about the sims. I fluctuate between here and there. https://modthesims.info/f/561/
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited March 2022
    I recently got a new laptop, and have been running tests to see if it can handle The Sims 3; today I have played three Sim Days without the game randomly going into desktop, mainly because I saved after each day. So that's why I haven't really posted much; once I know of my laptop's capabilities hopefully I should post a lot more; it's ideal for everyday as well as gaming, but I have to keep an eye on the storage of the laptop (I am looking at some USB Sticks as well as trimming down my Mods to a level of stability)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Sometimes I wonder how many people are still playing, but then a real problem shows up that prevents Sims 3 from working in some way and the posts just start piling up. It's nice to see, I mean not the part where people can't play, but how many still want to. There wouldn't be as much of that here because most issues only affect new installs, and most of the people here are regulars, but on sites with more first-time-poster traffic, it really stands out.

I personally haven't been around much because I haven't been playing, and after a couple months away from my own game, it feels a little strange to hang out discussing Sims 3 in general or what's going on in other people's games. Part of me also feels like there's a diminishing amount left to be discovered, and I want to preserve those last surprises, so I try to avoid reading too much about features I haven't played through myself. But it's mostly that I'm not playing at all. Maybe that'll change soon.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Sometimes I wonder how many people are still playing, but then a real problem shows up that prevents Sims 3 from working in some way and the posts just start piling up. It's nice to see, I mean not the part where people can't play, but how many still want to. There wouldn't be as much of that here because most issues only affect new installs, and most of the people here are regulars, but on sites with more first-time-poster traffic, it really stands out.

I personally haven't been around much because I haven't been playing, and after a couple months away from my own game, it feels a little strange to hang out discussing Sims 3 in general or what's going on in other people's games. Part of me also feels like there's a diminishing amount left to be discovered, and I want to preserve those last surprises, so I try to avoid reading too much about features I haven't played through myself. But it's mostly that I'm not playing at all. Maybe that'll change soon.

I went on a campaign to do everything in the game. I gave up a few years ago and I'm still learning new things about it. Not every day but often enough to get a surprise every so often. I started playing Sims 3 in 2009 and haven't stopped playing for many long periods since that time.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I'm still here, I just don't post every day <3 I've been playing a lot more lately and doing world save files that I share and loving it. I still love the game, I'm just better at it now so I get super focused, lol. I post a lot on Tumblr now as well ;)
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I'm still lurking, I just don't get much time to post here often :disappointed:
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    You can also check out Steam's The Sims 3 Discussion page!

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I just came back to the Sims 3 after playing 4 for a few years. I'm so happy to be back. Sims 4 has some nice things, like build mode, but it is so lacking in so many ways. I sent my sim to France yesterday and I was so happy I almost cried.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @Evalen <3 I came back to finally finish World Adventures. Had almost got through them all when I had a big "crash". Wasn't impressed.

I do enjoy the Sims 4 but always come back here for my horses. I will be 70 :o this year. Not sure how that happened. LOL But I plan to continue simming as long as I can.
    Its been a blessing while stuck in almost isolation past two years. Take Care
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I still come to the forum every day, but I don't have time to post much anymore.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited March 2022
    I have been a member of several forums over the years and my typical behaviour has always been to be a lurker.

I had no particular intent when I joined these forums, but I relatively quickly ended up posting screenshots/updates from my games/storylines when I found quite a few people were doing it, and I also try to make some comments to other people's stories every now and then, and that is pretty much it for me. :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I still come here every day, but I don't have time to post nearly as much as I used to.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I come here daily, but not always posting. I'm one of the admins on the Boolprop.net forums, so I sit there most of the time and on our Discord. Boolprop is one of the oldest Sims-related forums still active. We have just upgraded to the latest Board version and have ten different board styles so far, to fit all tastes. We still have to get out Medal system, called "Flair", up and running, so members can be awarded medals for challenges and fun events. :smiley:

I love our new chatbox with avatars and sound when someone is posting. (Only members can see the chatbox) Our head admin, T, has been working hard. :smile:

The Boardstyles I switch between at the moment. We have eight more. :blush:

ht7DtP3.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    I come here daily, but not always posting. I'm one of the admins on the Boolprop.net forums, so I sit there most of the time and on our Discord. Boolprop is one of the oldest Sims-related forums still active. We have just upgraded to the latest Board version and have ten different board styles so far, to fit all tastes. We still have to get out Medal system, called "Flair", up and running, so members can be awarded medals for challenges and fun events. :smiley:

I love our new chatbox with avatars and sound when someone is posting. (Only members can see the chatbox) Our head admin, T, has been working hard. :smile:

The Boardstyles I switch between at the moment. We have eight more. :blush:

ht7DtP3.jpg

I didn't even know this place existed! Nifty, thanks @Cororon <3