Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Georgina of the Islands - a "legacy" story

Some time ago, @mcrudd created the thread "a different 100 baby challenge". The rules were simple, and the main one was to have fun. In that spirit, I have begun the legacy of Georgina, who is the first of what should end up being 10 generations. I have the game set on long life-span, and I'm not using any mods. Other than raising children, designating an heir and continuing the family, I don't have any strict rules. Georgina has been seen on these forums before; she just completed the millionaire scenario, and this story picks up right where that one left off.
Georgina Waller had been trapped on the island of Mua Pel'am as a teen and had to earn money to make it back to civilization. Along the way, she met Reggie Hammond and fell in love. Now a millionaire, Georgina no longer wishes to escape the island. She and Reggie live a rustic life, but she enjoys it.
fm1Ouiv.jpg
Gallery ID: jjbadgett12

Comments

• Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Georgina is a botanist/farmer
    oP29l6c.jpg
    Reggie takes care of Clara the milk cow while Georgina waters and weeds the crops.
    1ITyOHJ.jpg
    After the work is over, it's time for recreation...
    2mVhKRq.jpg
    d66fONC.jpg
    ...or perhaps procreation.
    EnEk5NF.jpg
    With a baby on the way, Georgina asks Jessie Hammond for the family's blessing to marry their sister Reggie.
    H71gXRs.jpg
    With their approval, Georgina proposes to her girlfriend.
    4fu5cOf.jpg
    She said "yes"!
    qSVfbdg.jpg
    The happy couple say their vows in Newcrest Cathedral
    JRfirKO.jpg
    The rice-throwers need a little work on their aim.
    316YgkG.jpg
    After a long day, it's time for a nap.
    JnyVzxF.jpg
    Soon after, it's time for the baby to arrive.
    hjVdZMS.jpg
    Welcome to the world, Lauren!
    sjZqeaQ.jpg
    Back from the hospital, Reggie and Georgina enjoy some quiet time together.
    YT5sufD.png
    Lauren has become a toddler.
    dfRSVDv.png
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @jbadger12
    What a great start! Georgina and Reggie are such a cute couple. The wedding looked beautiful in your chapel. Lauren an adorable toddler! Can't wait to read more!
  • Options
    @TeeSea I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry for the long delay. I don't have as much time to play as I used to, during the lockdown.

Georgina is a powerful and highly skilled spellcaster, but until recently, she hasn't spent much time working on her potion-making skills. Now that she has money for a cauldron, she's correcting that deficiency. Unfortunately, something seems to have gone wrong with this batch...
    DUPGGXq.png
    Georgina tests the potion, uncertain about what effects it may have.
    6vlgKWH.png
    Unfortunately, it seems to have been a charm potion which worked all too well. While under the influence of this love elixir, Georgina visits the Hammond household, home of Reggie's sisters, to use their computer for a work assignment.
    ydiYqla.jpg
    Natasha suddenly finds Georgina irresistible...
    ekYj3M1.jpg
    A few days later, an angry Nicolette Hammond arrives to confront Georgina.
    14uZsBA.jpg
    Georgina informs her that the situation is worse than she thought, but vows to set things straight.
    014eNnm.jpg
    When it's time, Georgina travels to the hospital alone.
    BYljVFj.jpg
    Introducing Phoebe Waller-Hammond:
    uRxvtaO.jpg
    Having already talked things over with Reggie, Georgina apologizes to Natasha.
    VhE8kak.jpg
    Reggie wasn't sure how she would feel about Phoebe, but she managed to find room in her heart for such a sweet, innocent little baby.
    p8MCKL2.png
    Soon, Phoebe grows into the toddler phase. She isn't bossy, she's a natural leader...
    jYr2zhl.png
    In the meantime, some of the other Hammond sisters have found partners. Jessie introduces Reggie and Georgina to Cassandra (formerly Goth). Natasha is still feeling a little frosty.
    oK8Cl2h.jpg
    Later, Georgina visits Silvia and her beau Johnny at his place in Oasis Springs.
    xN91XFz.jpg
    Reggie and Nicolette catch up while the toddler cousins talk.
    yoqodXQ.png

Bonus Pictures:
    Georgina and Reggie try to convince Caterina Lynx that she needs more kids (and fewer cats).
    armoihi.jpg
    Georgina runs into the Caliente family, and introduces herself to Don Lothario's teenage daughter Soraya.
    cMECpdg.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    Plot twist I was not expecting! Georgina should test unknown potions on other sims in the future. I'm glad Reggie was able to find room in her heart for Phoebe. Phoebe is an adorable toddler...LOL she's just a natural leader :D
    It looks like things have worked out in the end. It's great that Georgina and Reggie's kids have cousins.
    I firmly believe that Caterina Lynx only needs one kid who is destined to be just like her. ;)
    What a great update! Enjoyed it a lot.
    I hope you get more time to play in the near future.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @TeeSea I think this may be a weekend thing for a while. It was announced at the office this week that we're low on headcount, so it's acceptable to work more than 50 hours a week, if we need to.

Meanwhile, back on the island, it's Baby Season. Reggie's sister Jacklyn, now married to Malcom Landgraab, tells Reggie she's expecting.
    1wEjggP.jpg
    While on a visit to the library in Windenburg, Reggie learns that Silvia is also in the family way.
    TQ9Yjmx.jpg
    Georgina reads a story to Lauren and Phoebe.
    45rtPJu.jpg
    Somebody's not having a very good day.
    9CIJUmE.png
    On the way home, Georgina drops in on Nicolette and Caterina.
    L9igDdN.jpg
    Reggie insists that they also stop at her sister Maricela's house, where they are greeted by Summer Holiday.
    vDV0I7e.jpg
    The next day, Cassandra comes to visit. "So, when are you and Jessie going to have a kid?" Georgina asks.
    V2Szr5a.jpg
    Later in the week, Lauren maxes out her toddler skills. Georgina helps her blow out the candles.
    rv5wMdz.jpg
    Although it may be hard to tell in this picture, Lauren inherited Georgina's distinctive nose.
    OcQD4Rk.jpg
    Reggie! There are children present!
    7LeCcYT.jpg
    Lauren educates Reggie on the mythology of Voidcritters.
    atvkTFi.png
    Reggie educates Phoebe...
    NxzeOFz.png
    Phoebe nuzzles Clara the cow.
    8Xab6RD.jpg
    In a hopefully unrelated event, Phoebe ages up to child status.
    a3eTIMM.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    Is possibly spring in your game? With all the pregnancies occurring that would be my guess. ;)
    Cassandra's face says it all regarding having kids.
    I'm also guessing that Reggie wasn't actually tending to the animals in the buff. I recall her bathing suite doesn't have straps so I think it's a perfectly timed screenshot.
    Happy Birthday Phoebe!

Great update, enjoyed it very much. Can't wait for next weekend's update! Don't work too hard.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @TeeSea It is spring in my game, but Georgina is also kind of a busybody and suggested to all her sisters-in-law or their spouses that they ought to work on expanding the family. Hopefully with story progression, I won't have to take as active a roll in that sort of thing in the future.

Eating a healthy breakfast of magically summoned Mac-n-cheese with the family is a great way to start off the day.
    zQBEOQJ.png
    Before school starts, Phoebe helps out by watering some plants
    yKTaViA.jpg
    Lauren assists in weeding the garden.
    kG9qI0I.jpg
    While the kids are off to school and Reggie is swimming deep in the ocean, disaster strikes and Georgina must deal with it alone.
    J2RaXCq.jpg
    An exhausted Georgina puts out the last of the fires too late to save the house.
    MWbBnIq.jpg
    Luckily, she has a little bit of money saved up, and uses it to move the family to Tartosa.
    UPZvTK6.jpg
    Georgina can still indulge in outdoor dining and chess, if she wishes.
    rYsxbSK.jpg
    But there are lights and comfy chairs and music, now.
    5V1TQ5z.jpg
    Reggie has found a rocking chair where she can knit. No more sitting on the side of the bed to do it.
    FU7ZzHk.jpg
    After putting the kids to bed, Georgina steps out on to the balcony to take in the view.
    i60mZu3.png
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    I love that kids can help with the gardens now.
    Oh goodness the whole house was a loss, that bites.
    I have to say I love the new house in Tartosa. Especially the view from the balcony.
    Nice update! Can't wait to see what happens next.

I prefer MCCC's Story Progression over the new EA version. I tried the EA version and my test game was hot mess after 3 weeks. I wish they had added a Marriage Option. I tried to see what would happen if I had a Sim with a love interest who lived in another world. I made sure that only option available to him via story mode/neighborhood stories is to switch jobs. With in 3 days he had married Judith Ward of all Sims and moved to her house. He shouldn't of been able to move because I didn't give him that option in the story mode/neighborhood stories settings. So many households were overstuffed with pets and kids. I kind of expected that it would happen because it seems like all new gameplay elements start out on hyper mode till enough people complain and they tone it down. I hope it works out better for you.

I also wanted to let you know that The 300 Challenge is impossible to complete due to the abundance of relationships needed made my game studded and lag after Lexie was friends with over 100 Sims. So I started a new project: A Not So Berry Story

Hope you have a good week!
  • Options
    @TeeSea I think they're planning to phase in more options to story progression as time goes on. They will need to do some tuning with it, but it takes a little work off of my hands. I went through a few weeks ago and matched up a lot of townies and gave them kids so their families wouldn't die out; now the game can do some of that for me.
    As for tuning, I've seen the overstuffed houses, too; one of Georgina's friends kept asking if she and her partner should try for a baby. Georgina always said yes. I think she only asked three times, but once they had triplets, so they've got four toddlers and a child now.

Reggie heads out to the cowshed to take care of Clara.
    3oHKDON.jpg
    Georgina is still learning her way around the new house. She just found a recycling machine in a passageway under the main house.
    3RniJ0j.jpg
    While Georgina tends to her new garden, Reggie heads to the indoor pool.
    GECbdPh.jpg
    Georgina eats her dinner while helping Phoebe with some tricky homework. Phoebe's friend Valeria remembers that she's got the same assignment.
    4Wqq6zn.jpg
    Lauren and Phoebe eat dinner in the kitchen while Georgine assists Valeria.
    ZhssmOh.jpg
    Lauren lets her Aunt Silvia into the house to babysit while Reggie and Georgina go out for Love Day.
    DjqEqjf.jpg
    Reggie is a "Romantic" sim, and this is one of her favorite holidays. She takes Georgina to a scenic spot in Del Sol Valley.
    IpQ8Wmm.jpg
    It's late when the two arrive home from their date. The moon shining down on the bed through the skylight reminds Georgina of the days she slept under the open skies on the island of Mua Pel'am.
    f6738tC.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    What a cute update! I love that Regie and Georgina still go out on dates. Did you build the house your sims are living in? It looks great from what I can see. I heard they are most likely adding marriage to Neighborhood Stories with the next update. I still prefer MCCC because I can limit the number of children NPC's can have to two. It really helps keep the world from being overpopulated. Can't wait to read your next update!
  • Options
    @TeeSea I did build Georgina's current house. A version of it is on the gallery. I named it after Reggie and put it where the wedding venue originally was in Tartosa.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    I checked out your house in the gallery and it’s as gorgeous on the outside as it is within! You are an amazing builder!
  • Options
    Thank you! I had a lot of fun researching houses to find inspiration for it. There are some really beautiful places along the Mediterranean.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    On a lazy Saturday morning, Lauren practices piano
    GlNg3V9.png
    Meanwhile in the basement, Georgina is trying to learn the recipe for a new potion
    2uGFwii.jpg
    and Reggie is making new friends at the lagoon
    qdlfjHg.jpg
    In the afternoon, the family takes a trip to Del Sol Valley, where the Giltmore Estate has been opened to the public
    fV2tub2.jpg
    Georgina strolls through the indoor gardens, thinking of ideas for her own house
    kPpkH2g.jpg
    She and Reggie share a meal in the grand dining hall
    M8XHb3H.jpg
    Reggie thinks her seat at the table has a great view
    2M4fr8p.jpg
    After they finish eating, the two make their way to the game room, where Reggie beats Georgina at ping-pong
    XFY61rv.jpg
    Lauren and Phoebe explore the children's play area, which has a lovely view of the Valley and more importantly, some awesome toys
    iild4CP.jpg
    Across the hall, Phoebe finds a karaoke machine; Lauren comes to watch while Phoebe struggles through an ear-shattering rendition of "Fun Tonight"
    1AVwXi5.jpg
    The family returns home, exhausted but in a good mood.
    MOZLj3j.jpg
    The next morning, the girls draw pictures of their adventure
    oEloI9R.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    I really liked the last update. Giltmore Estates is beautiful! Looks like it was a great family day. I crack up every time kids sing Karaoke in the Sims 4 because they laugh through most of it yet are still giving it their all.😁 Great update and can’t wait for the next one!
  • Options
    @TeeSea I had fun building Giltmore Estate. The real thing is much more grand than I've ever been able to accomplish in the Sims. Maybe in the Sims 5 or 6, we'll be able to do vaulted ceilings.

A heatwave has spread across the land in the waning weeks of Spring. Even dreary Brindleton Bay is "warm". Georgina and Reggie have taken advantage of the nice weather to visit friends and relatives on a road trip.
    Qbva6Gr.jpg
    Oasis Springs is downright hot and fittingly, our intrepid couple has dropped in on the Caliente household.
    mVLPKUJ.jpg
    Down the road a ways, they stop by to see Johnny Zest and his wife, Reggie's sister Silvia, who is pregnant with twins.
    AmaguHh.jpg
    The trip continues to Willow Creek, where Georgina spends a bit of quality time with Liberty Lee.
    kwowqWy.jpg
    Later on, Liberty's daughter Nathalie hangs out in Tartosa with her new friend Lauren.
    loWkauh.jpg
    Georgina has come down with a cold and takes a nap on the sofa after completing her morning chores.
    UxDIuLz.jpg
    After milking the cow, Reggie heads down at the lagoon.
    IYFrP9q.jpg
    In the evening, following a joint yoga session, Reggie practices guitar while Georgina looks on.
    5CKVx9l.jpg
    Georgina serves a delicious gourmet dish for dinner and Lauren and Phoebe clean their plates.
    ad6jyy6.jpg
    The last day of spring is a pleasant one, and the girls sit outside and discuss their plans for the summer.
    0By9X4n.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    I think you can sort of do a vaulted ceiling on a home by deleting the ceiling tiles then placing a gabled roof. If course this only works for single floor homes or the top level of a home.
    Great update! Oasis Springs is so freaking hot most of the year. My sims have been living there for almost a sim year (1 week till New Years Eve) and they just had their first rain and thunderstorm. I hope Georgina feels better soon. I really need to check out Tartosa more. Reggie and Georgina are a cute couple and their children are cute as well. Can't wait to see what summer brings!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Georgina is chaperoning the end of the school year field trip to Sulani. She keeps a close eye on all the kids to make sure none of them get left behind.
    nZtGOPH.jpg
    This is a last chance to goof around and do fun kid stuff - all these children will be teens by the time school's back in session.
    a1nTdoD.jpg
    After the trip is over, Phoebe Lauren and Reggie go to another beach, this one closer to home.
    mGcyscJ.jpg
    Georgina has a few last spells to learn before her repertoire is complete.
    9oNel62.jpg
    Later in the day, Jace Laurent 'just happens to be in the neighborhood' and stops by to say "Hi" to Lauren.
    xu9ccbE.jpg
    When Jace leaves, the girls go to visit their cousin Athena.
    9uqtFn0.jpg
    It's been a while in coming, but it's finally Reggie's birthday. She is a young adult no longer.
    JkywbhE.jpg
    Georgina follows suit shortly thereafter.
    ClOeLfk.png
    The girls get some help finishing their final projects.
    ibAFE3A.jpg
    School is out early on the last day, and the occasion is marked with an impromptu dance party...
    USGHdNd.jpg
    ...and a special family meal.
    VqfNEPA.jpg
    Phoebe spends some time with her "Aunt" Natasha and learns the truth of her origins.
    kSxkwrJ.jpg
    Reggie is unhappy when she learns about it from Georgina. She didn't want Phoebe to find out until she was older.
    EBcHL1s.jpg
    Lauren's birthday comes around as summer vacation nears its end.
    2dH9Lb6.png
    One the next-to-last day of vacation, Phoebe plays the piece from her piano recital for Georgina.
    iaIHGVa.jpg
    The next morning, it's Phoebe's birthday. She gets up early to blow out the candles while Lauren fixes some breakfast.
    LdTR3Wp.jpg
    She examines her new look in the mirror.
    9FsYXvL.jpg

fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    The summer field trip to Sulani looked like fun. I'm guessing Jace has a crush on Lauren? If she marries him her name will be Lauren Laurent. Lot's of birthday parties. Lauren and Phoebe are beautiful teens. Who passed away at their cousins house?
    Another great update! Can't wait to read more!
  • Options
    @TeeSea It would be amusing for her to be Lauren Laurent; might be a point in favor of making Phoebe the heir. Those urns at Athena's house belong to her mother's cats. I think there's a fourth one somewhere on the property.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    The next time you visit Athena you should place them in backyard under a tree.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Sims4MagicalTales Thanks! I've had fun playing with them and sharing their adventures.

@TeeSea I probably should. I expected Athena's mom (Caterina Lynx) would have adopted some more cats by now. If she doesn't soon, I may have to intervene personally.

Natasha asked Phoebe is she wanted to go to the flea market. Phoebe said she would love to, and brought the rest of the family along as well.
    C0mwOXa.jpg
    Georgina never likes to let a moment on an outing go to waste, so after they were done in San Myshuno, the family stopped in at Jacklyn's house. It being prank day, Phoebe took the opportunity to trick her Uncle Malcolm.
    ISZrbin.jpg
    Moments later, Lauren got him again with the same prank.
    IYP6hDJ.jpg
    Meanwhile, Natasha went to her new home in Del Sol Valley where she lives with her fiancé Francesca, daughter of the late celebrity Judith Ward.
    DAo7Y7u.jpg
    Sometimes, Reggie feels like the excitement has gone out of her life. Every day is the same endless cycle of events.
    HlVEdnf.jpg
    "When an opportunity presents itself, don't just let it walk by," She tells herself.
    dIAcyit.jpg
    Afterward, when she takes the time to think about it, she has a moment of regret.
    zvJwhSL.jpg
    Phoebe aspires to be a "Nerd Brain". here she combines two of her passions: reading and pop music.
    1XbE9QT.jpg
    When the music stops, she doesn't hesitate to try and fix the problem.
    684R3Hs.jpg
    While the girls are at school and Georgina is busy with her garden, Reggie slips out to Oasis Springs for lunch at the Caliente place.
    myXM7ep.jpg
    Later in the day, Georgina invites Francesca over to celebrate the pending addition to the family.
    MbYhb12.jpg
    Reggie arrives home with Soraya Caliente to join in the party, but soon becomes jealous of the attention Soraya seems to be paying to Francesca.
    dU6fCZq.jpg
    After getting her alone to talk it over, Reggie feels reassured. "I have to see you again tonight," she tells Soraya as she's leaving.
    ZFDDhiM.jpg
    Lauren has he uncomfortable feeling that something is amiss as she witnesses the statuesque blonde making her exit.
    57eDB1E.jpg
    Needing to work out her feelings, she readily accepts when Phoebe challenges her to a duel.
    d5mI7S1.jpg
    "What's wrong?" Phoebe asks, knowing her sister wouldn't normally fight so fiercely.
    bs5KeV0.jpg
    Lauren confesses her suspicions to Phoebe, who has also noticed some strange occurrences with Reggie lately. The girls decide to tell Georgina.
    VgjFIdf.jpg
    Near midnight, Reggie meets Soraya in a secluded part of the house grounds, when she suddenly feels her skin begin to crawl...
    BV5EPs6.jpg
    They find they've both taken on a strange and grotesque appearance; neither woman can stand the sight of the other.
    FZflZV5.jpg
    Georgina watches them from the dining room window. Her spell has revealed the inner ugliness of what the two have done together.
    NCjELRY.jpg
    Reggie knows she can't face Georgina looking as she currently does. She hopes the magic will have worn off by the morning.
    bM0znuv.jpg
    Before letting her go, Georgina confronts Soraya with some choice words...
    LM1pvH6.png
    ...then heads to bed alone.
    eIpJGN7.jpg
    The following day, Georgina is able to explain her feelings a little more objectively.
    Wexns1M.jpg
    Reggie, on the other hand, is furious, now that she's had some time to think. "How dare you judge me," she scolds, "after what you did with my sister."
    MiV4pUr.jpg
    After much heart-felt discussion, the two come to a place of understanding.
    Vy8GEI7.png
    At Georgina's invitation, Soraya steps in to help with the fence-mending. She and Reggie agree it would be best if they were "just friends" for the future.
    h7Fs8o7.png
    The conversation is cut short when Soraya goes into labor. They take her to the hospital, where she gives birth to Reggie's daughter Lucia.
    VrM7SgH.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
  • Options
    @jbadger12
    Wow what a soap opera you have going on. At least Reggie and Georgina are on level ground again. Maybe they should consider an open relationship? Great update!
  • Options
    @TeeSea Soap opera is exactly the vibe I was going for. I'm sure there's a mod to get rid of the jealousy moodlets/actions. Without that, an open relationship is kind of tricky to handle, but I have considered it.

Phoebe goes for a scenic jog:
    pU7HOYX.jpg
    Although she's thankful that Lauren helped out by making a party-sized bowl of salad for the family, Reggie notes the distinct flavor of earwax within.
    k4gRRNT.jpg
    Soraya and her brother Dino get into a discussion about fashion while helping Lauren and Phoebe with their homework.
    RfjKbaE.jpg
    Phoebe and Soraya share a talk over a game of chess
    py4k0JT.jpg
    Soraya interviews Lauren as part of her new job as a fashion consultant.
    atTDj9M.jpg
    Little Lucia demands her mother's attention
    hUkrvpu.jpg
    Reggie warns the others about the special flavoring in the salad. Phoebe suddenly feels rather ill
    4ARjKG9.jpg
    Georgina fishes up something to grill in lieu of the now-famous salad.
    ZPPFmfb.jpg
    Later in the day, it's time for Lucia to leave the crib!
    l3ipxDI.jpg
    fm1Ouiv.jpg