Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleating Help

can you delete a Light house in a world that is not on a lot, if so how? I want to replace it with one on a lot.

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    That would probably have to be done via CAW I would think.
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    In Edit Town, click the World Editor icon, then you can grab and delete things around town that you normally wouldn't be able to click (like lighthouses, billboards, trees, etc.)
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Archivist thanks I will try that, hope it works.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    The world editor can only remove the same kinds of things you can add with it - basically only trees, rocks, etc. You can't remove streetlights, signs, spawners, or unique items like lighthouses
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Archivist wrote: »
    In Edit Town, click the World Editor icon, then you can grab and delete things around town that you normally wouldn't be able to click (like lighthouses, billboards, trees, etc.)

Now I’m gonna go try that :o
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited February 2022
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    The world editor can only remove the same kinds of things you can add with it - basically only trees, rocks, etc. You can't remove streetlights, signs, spawners, or unique items like lighthouses

I have found some streetlights in some Worlds can be deleted in World Editor but you are limited with what can replace them, only the few streetlights under miscellaneous in the Community Lots objects. In Hidden Springs which I am playing in now, I've been able to delete or move all the signs in World Editor, it seems to depend on the world. I hate choosing a lot for my Sim only to have a sign stuck out in front of it.

But I discovered that if I cannot delete a streetlight or sign in World Editor, I can go into a nearby lot, use "Shift + Control" and then I can click on the offending light or sign with the hand tool and delete it. If there is no lot nearby I just place one of the tiny lots so I can reach the light.

I hope this makes sense, I am terrible at explaining things.

And as long as I can "reach" the lighthouses, which tend to be at the very edge of the world, I have been able to delete them.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2022
    ="nickibitsward;c-18068290"

I have found some streetlights in some Worlds can be deleted in World Editor but you are limited with what can replace them, only the few streetlights under miscellaneous in the Community Lots objects. In Hidden Springs which I am playing in now, I've been able to delete or move all the signs in World Editor, it seems to depend on the world. I hate choosing a lot for my Sim only to have a sign stuck out in front of it.

But I discovered that if I cannot delete a streetlight or sign in World Editor, I can go into a nearby lot, use "Shift + Control" and then I can click on the offending light or sign with the hand tool and delete it. If there is no lot nearby I just place one of the tiny lots so I can reach the light.

I hope this makes sense, I am terrible at explaining things.

And as long as I can "reach" the lighthouses, which tend to be at the very edge of the world, I have been able to delete them.

Thank you for that information. I'm going to try it. I found a streetlight in a grove of trees in the custom world I'm currently playing in. I wanted to move it to the edge of the nearby road with the world editor, but couldn't. If I can delete it by your method, that would be great.

Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    I tried it out in Sunset Valley yesterday and was able to delete the lighthouse there. Not sure about other worlds yet. I definitely couldn't grab everything but could grab a lot of things I didn't think I'd be able to, like the stonehenge formation, the docks, and the giant rock cliffs by the beaches.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Archivist thank you yes, yes yes it worked and I put in a different light house that they could go in. It does work I am so glad. and this is not a EA world. it is a custom small word, I guess it work with them also.
  • Options
    @Evalen Yay! Happy to help, and good to know about the custom worlds. :blush:
    9d9hOnJ.png