Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think or do if your Sim suddenly flirts with someone that you don't like?

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
My Sims sometimes flirt with random Sims and I don't have a problem with it, I often go with it and let them do that. I like them to choose whoever interests them. Sometimes they can even get a sentiment with the Sim that they're attracted to and sometimes it can totally mess up my plans if I've decided who's going to be their spouse.
I'm interested of how others are dealing with this situation.

What do you think or do if your Sim suddenly flirts with someone that you don't like? 70 votes

I love it and I let my Sim do it, it makes the game more interesting.
22%
bandit5BloosmooMindofyYautjagirlbixtersSweetieWright_84texxx78dreamprisonerPamtastic72PeralSeklein112KimmerElisetomPlumbobiBenjamilianHavenRose 16 votes
It's okay for now, but I want to make the final decision and decide who my Sim will end up with.
10%
crocobauraKita5399SikoahGracekiwi84Evilyn_1007manicobsessiveDuckyQueen 7 votes
I feel neutral about it, doesn't bother me, but I also don't really care about it.
1%
BlueR0se 1 vote
I'm not happy about it and I will end it before they get any more romantic.
25%
GalacticGalPlayerSinger2010PinkSugar81PlumbobCrossingannaliese39LatinaBunnySheriSim57HopeyStarrAtreya33FunandotsJasonschick80RouensimsSimmingalElliandreFlikka_FlikkaFairykittyArcaBowtruckler 18 votes
I hate it, why is this even happening in the game?
5%
julienrob2004DarkLady2788Cassandra52182EnkiSchmidt 4 votes
Eww, no way my beautiful Sim would ever flirt with that hideous goblin. I'll stop it and pretend it never even happened.
10%
elanorbretonBabykittyjadePiutsikiDaravisof2106RedDestiny92Ziafar 7 votes
I have mods to stop random flirting, it won't happen in my game.
11%
blueyblueskybenson2006MDianaSimsMonaveilChicklet453681NightlyCoffeeFatTribble23Peppers 8 votes
Other (specify)
12%
StormkeepBoergeAarg61Paigeisin5TeeSeaEmmaVanecyncieSERVERFRACatzillaVeeDub 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    If it was toned down alot I wouldn't have a problem with it. But it happens way to often in my game, they'd start flirting with every other sim they came across. So I now have it turned off with mccc.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Other (specify)
    I use mods, it's toned down and less random, but not stopped entirely.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I haven't had this happen very often. I usually decide who is 'the one' for a particular sim and only have them flirt with that specific sim. Should my sim start to flirt with someone else, I cancel the action.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Eww, no way my beautiful Sim would ever flirt with that hideous goblin. I'll stop it and pretend it never even happened.
    Very much this. :D

Sorry, most sims in my game were very unlucky in the gen pool lottery.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    It's okay for now, but I want to make the final decision and decide who my Sim will end up with.
    I don't mind when it's just a little flirt, but if it starts going too far I'll stop it. I usually have a sim that I have made specifically for my sim to end up with.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I usually stop it immediately and then try to redirect my sim to the love interest that I really wanted them to be flirting with and interacting romantically with instead.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other (specify)
    Depends on the kind of play I'm up to at the time. Most of the time I roll with it to see what happens, but if I'm playing a more structured sort of story, I'll throw a spanner in the works before things go too far.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Other (specify)
    I don't care much, but a significant other sim might.

On rare occasions, I even move sims around for a better match.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I use MCCC to stop random flirting from happening. I don't like it when Sims I view as faithful start randomly flirting with everyone because they're flirty.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other (specify)
    If my sims are single & free then they can go for it. However, if my sims have a significant other then I put a stop to it.
    I would love a toggle to turn off the automatic flirting if possible.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Other (specify)
    It depends on the Sim and the story. Right now I’m using mods to tone it down because it disrupts this particular save too much. The characters and roles are very defined. In past saves, I’ve allowed it for some sims, but not others.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I don't have a problem with my Sim showing a personal preference for a particular Sim. My problem is when they don't show a preference at all and flirt with someone random every day and there's no rhyme or reason. It's fine if they are a serial romantic, but even then, there's never a difference in preferred sex or body type or features or chemistry so it's always "anything goes".

What I'd like is for Sims to show some kind of preferences so that the player can either allow them to follow that path if they choose or redirect the Sim in another direction that would change the preferences if they wish. Ideal if we could choose some things in CAS as well. It would display attractions to certain things that would make Sims different from each other. The flirting free-for-all doesn't do it for me.

But if I ever do feel that my Sim seems to gravitate toward a particular individual then I go with it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Other (specify)
    I use a mod that stops it from happening if they are in a relationship and a mod with an attraction system.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wish random flirting would happen in my game. Currently it only happens in neighborhoods with the Free Love NAP enabled.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wish random flirting would happen in my game. Currently it only happens in neighborhoods with the Free Love NAP enabled.

They need to be flirty. Maybe you could add some flirty aura objects to the lots to help set the mood, or romantic aura lot trait.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited February 2022
    I hate it, why is this even happening in the game?
    I really like that the sims don't beat up their loved ones for "cheating" (aka getting flirted at) anymore, but react sad first and often walk away downcast. MCCC can clean the moodlets and the romance bar and I also have a sentiments b-gone mod, so longterm consequences should be minimal.

Just last week one of my teens grew up in a flirty mood. Present at the party were her (same aged) gang friends, but also her step-father, both her godfathers and a former nanny, none of them blood-related to Emma, all of them game-controlled and flirty, too. As a YA, Emma was now eligible for flirting with these men :o Knowing that the game has zero situational awareness, I moved Emma the h- out of Dodge, directing her to open some presents!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    When it happens I end it, because I don't feel it's authentic flirting out of an attraction system, since that doesn't exist in the game yet. I feel like it's usually caused by a romantic trait, deco emotional item or alluring trait in the other Sim. I don't think romantic traits should make a Sim who flirts with everyone. They could just be romantic often for the Sim they are in a relationship with and otherwise when in a romantic mood just want to go on a date, read a romance novel, bake some heart shaped cookies etc.. but not actually autonomously flirt with strangers. Even if a Sim finds another Sim attractive because they have an alluring trait, it shouldn't mean they would flirt automatically, if for example one of them was already married. I prefer married Sims to behave faithfully to each other and not flirt with others autonomously.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I just let it happen to see where it might lead, sometimes it’s like a house on fire, and sometimes it’s just a momentary thing and they end up just friends or not getting along at all in the end, and it all makes the story feel much more organic.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've disabled my sims autonomy as much as game lets me and I don't like when they autonomously socialize with anyone

and it bothers me even more when they're making lovers behind my back

or talking to the randomized townies that are not even supposed to exist in my game

or talking to sims that are not even living in that world

like recently when mortimer goth invaded my sulani tribe camp to talk to their toddler pls just go home morty some things are just not meant to be

also i hate sims calling them endlessly to go to places 🐲🐲🐲🐲 it this is tribe camp theyre not even supposed to have phones
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other (specify)
    Sorry to pick Other.
    I usually let my sims do their own thing and if they decide they're interested in another sim, awesome! However, if my sim is already in a committed relationship I don't usually want them flirting with others.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Just because I love the randomness doesn’t mean I’ll let them continue to build a romance with the random sims. If they’re not in a committed relationship, I usually go with their preference of sims. If that sim of a dud? Them my sim gets to be part of an unfulfilling relationship for a little while. If my sim is part of a committed relationship which I want them to be faithful to, then I’ll redirect and ask to just be friends.

In my current household, the dad started flirting with his male neighbors and really building up the romance. He even flirted with his wife’s dad at the romance festival. She got him back by flirting with a random townie, so now they’re destroying their relationship and I’m turning on the Free Love NAP in their neighborhood so that they can still function as a family. They’ll probably divorce ones the toddlers grow up and she’ll end up with a guy who’s more into her than her dad.

I just like to see where the autonomy takes them and build the story around that, even if I have to turn things around to get them where I want their lives to be.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

They need to be flirty. Maybe you could add some flirty aura objects to the lots to help set the mood, or romantic aura lot trait.

@crocobaura Even when sims are in the flirty mood, I don't get autonomous flirting except between established couples.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Way back near the beginning of Sims4, my Sim was already married, but I was attempting (and doing a much better job of it at that time) to play a true Rotation Style. When I got back to this Sims' lot, I was horrified to see he had another love interest! So, I did what we had to do in Sims3. I had him invite this Sim female over and got them into a rip-roaring argument to break them up. Turns out, it was all for naught, as I learned later on. Such relationships, (at that time anyway) were fleeting and meant nothing. I hope they still mean nothing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Other (specify)
    @crocobaura Even when sims are in the flirty mood, I don't get autonomous flirting except between established couples.

Do you use MCCC? One of it's settings is a toggle that prevents autonomous flirting outside of already-existing relationships.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This rarely happens in my game, but if I don't want it to happen, I just cancel it and assign a different action to the Sim.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: