Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about (cat) pregnancies

TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
I say (cat) because I'm not sure if it is the same with dogs, though I'm betting it is, just to simplify one little thing in the game. Anywho, my cat puked 5x in quick succession and I was worried, as I'd not put the outdoor 'privy' plant out for her to be fighting squirrels in so I was sure it wasn't squirrel scratch fever. The vet said she was fine and sent us off. That night she had kittens. There was zero indication of pregnancy (a pregnant cat gets HUGE, I know this from personal experience) but Squidge wasn't showing any weight gain. I would have expected the vet to tell me 'she's fine, BUT she's pregnant'. She was just examined, no?

Can we get an option for a pregnancy test at the vet or something? Those kittens were a total shock to me. I knew she'd been in heat but in previous saves I'd trotted my breed-ready girl all over Brindleton Bay hoping for a pregnancy and never got one. This time I took her nowhere, and bam! 2 kittens out of nowhere! There was only room for 2 since my parents miraculously had triplets for their first pregnancy. *eyeroll* New family, new funds, tiny house, so naturally I got triplets, go figure. Anyway, I'd love some way to tell if my fuzz-baby is pregs with her own babies. Is this a possibility?

Also, is there any way to find out who the father is? I'd dearly love to know! :D

~Tyger <3
Post edited by TygerNight on

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    As far as I'm aware, there's no option for pregnancy tests for cats/dogs. When it comes to figuring out the father is, you could go into the household manager and seeing if any cats around town look like the kittens, adding them to the household, and then seeing if any of them are the kitten's dad with the relationship modifier.

Sorry for the late response. I hope your sims are doing well!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I don't know of any way other than MCCC.
    image.png
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    Well nuts. I was hoping for at least a 'kitty is expecting!' notification on the wall but I got nada. I'm on a PS4 so MCCC is out of the question. :/
    I was actually taking my traditional 'new baby' pics when she puked everywhere beside dad, who was being photographed with each baby. I've had a few preg cats in the game but never saw one just yark 5x in succession like that, I thought she was dying! XD
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    TygerNight wrote: »
    Well nuts. I was hoping for at least a 'kitty is expecting!' notification on the wall but I got nada. I'm on a PS4 so MCCC is out of the question. :/
    I was actually taking my traditional 'new baby' pics when she puked everywhere beside dad, who was being photographed with each baby. I've had a few preg cats in the game but never saw one just yark 5x in succession like that, I thought she was dying! XD

Oh, actually, I must've forgotten to include that, sorry! You should get a notification once your cat starts showing, but it doesn't always pop up.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.