Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Free Trial (hey, that rhymes!)

There will be a free trial for Eco Lifestyle starting September 16th. I'd assume it's for the whole weekend, but I could be wrong. The last (& first ever) free pack trial was for City Living in late April, and it was for a weekend. (this is via the homepage)
Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.

Comments

• Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I'm excited for this one, for 2 reasons. 1. I didn't get to download the City Living trial because I clicked the wrong button or something like that, and 2. I've been thinking of getting Eco Lifestyle, and now I can see if it's worth the money :blush:
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    yayyy i'm super excitedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd for the trial
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    oh yeaa i hope you're able to get this trial : )
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • Options
    @Gonnawin1111 I think I'll be able to if I'm not so impatient because last time I was like, "AGHHH I GOTTA GET THIS TRIAL RN OOH WHAT DOES DIS BUTTON DOOO?? AAANNNDDD THERE GOES THE TRIAL :/"
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @hymnhehim Goody. I've been wondering if I wanted this. Thanks for the head's up!
  • Options
    @Isharell no problem (:
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for the notice, I will keep an eye out for it. I have shied away from this pack because of NAPS. I keep seeing mixed reviews of it still messing with the game, even when turned off. A free trial seems like a good opportunity to finally give this pack a try.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Cool, I'll probably check it out, but I doubt I will like it enough to buy it.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love Eco Lifestyle for the gameplay, the build buy, clothing, all of it. I have never been one to really like modern buildings but I love the container living and there is so much to the pack that can be used with other packs. I don't have Cottage Living, but I understand they work well together. The NAPs bother some people, but I like the added level of gameplay and trying to make my lot either eco-friendly or not. I hope you all give it a try some like it and some don't.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I might give it a go. I assume it's a good idea to back up saves and create a new one for the purpose of the trial?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    The trial is on now!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Let me know how you like it!!🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I might try tomorrow. I just bought Cottage Living last night.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't own it, so I decided to use the trial today, so far it is pretty good, only played for about an hour, so I haven't done too much with it. I think my favorite thing about the Eco Lifestyle is the hair, the clothes aren't too bad either. The world would also be a good way to get more apartments for my game as well. I am still a bit mixed on it, but I haven't played it much to go either way.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    I don't own it, so I decided to use the trial today, so far it is pretty good, only played for about an hour, so I haven't done too much with it. I think my favorite thing about the Eco Lifestyle is the hair, the clothes aren't too bad either. The world would also be a good way to get more apartments for my game as well. I am still a bit mixed on it, but I haven't played it much to go either way.

It's hard to judge a sim pack by trial to me because everything kind of integrates together 😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2021
    I tried it for about three hours before I called it quits. My biggest complaint is the constant swarm of pre-made Sims from other worlds who immediately wanted to chat, even though they were at the other end of the zone. It was awful. My Sims would stop what they were doing waiting for the arrival of the interloper. All I wanted to do was learn how to make candles and juice or fizz or whatever it's called. The mentors or whatever they're called were Base Game premades that shouldn't have even been there. Bella Goth the bimbo? I don't think so.

I'm going to try again today. This I'm going to delete all of the premades, except the Sages and Vampires.

Seeing the Landgraabs, Bjgersens Goths, and Fengs rummaging through dumpsters was irritating. I did remember to turn off NAPs before I started playing thanks to tips from this forum.

However, this pack would be cool if you have a save that's reserved for mayhem and chaos. Now that I could see being fun.
  • Options
    Monaveil wrote: »
    I tried it for about three hours before I called it quits. My biggest complaint is the constant swarm of pre-made Sims from other worlds who immediately wanted to chat, even though they were at the other end of the zone. It was awful. My Sims would stop what they were doing waiting for the arrival of the interloper. All I wanted to do was learn how to make candles and juice or fizz or whatever it's called. The mentors or whatever they're called were Base Game premades that shouldn't have even been there. Bella Goth the bimbo? I don't think so.

I'm going to try again today. This I'm going to delete all of the premades, except the Sages and Vampires.

Seeing the Landgraabs, Bjgersens Goths, and Fengs rummaging through dumpsters was irritating. I did remember to turn off NAPs before I started playing thanks to tips from this forum.

However, this pack would be cool if you have a save that's reserved for mayhem and chaos. Now that I could see being fun.

Yeah, I understand that. Also the chaotic save idea is amazing and I might do it with the Extreme Violence mod
  • Options
    I like some of the CAS and the juice maker but I'm not too sure about the rest of it at this point. It's really annoying me to see all the junk in the streets that you can't pick up.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2021
    I gave it a second chance tonight. This time I deleted about 90% of the pre-made Sims that took over Evergreen Harbor when I played the other night. It was a lot nicer without them. The candle-making and juice fizzing were nice. I liked a lot of the CAS and Build & Buy items. A lot of things require too much socializing with townies to get things done. Boy, do I love townies that start calling wanting to hang out or have my Sims take them somewhere. I also didn't find the new aspirations, personality traits, or career interesting. Will I buy this pack? No.
    Post edited by Monaveil on
  • Options
    The thing for me is that I was super excited to try the trial, but I didn't really end up playing it + I'm trying to make saves without the trial when the trial is still on, so I have to go and delete every Evergreen Harbor townie, so that when I load the save after the trial's over, there's not an almost-nekkid Knox Greenburg walking around lol
  • Options
    I'm getting bored of trying to make the town either green or industrial. I don't really like the Eco Living career and most of the objects like the bug house and candle maker don't do that much for me. I'll miss the juice machine and some of the CAS items but that's about it. I'm a little sad I haven't got time to properly try out a couple of the more unusual NAPs such as Back to the Old Days but I have work tomorrow and I had an idea for a new save in the Cottage Living village so I really want to start making sims for that instead.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Ahh, I forgot all about this! I will try to play later tonight if the trial doesn't end by then.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love the b/b and cas. The one neighborhood with the docks is trashy but I love it. I've seen it neutral or green and how beautiful that neighborhood becomes. I won't give away the cool changes, but worth the effort. I use the solar panels and wind turbines a lot! Especially in Henford on Bagley. I think there a couple of new lot traits too? Very useful. Geothermal and the fresh water one. I use the bug box for cricket, grub and beetle meals that can be created also for bio fuel. I have not tried fabricating furniture and all the other hidden stuff. There's so much to do in this pack. Oh and I like that in the debug category you can add most of the objects from the world. In the gallery I've seen some nice urban, industrial worn down builds full of debris and trash. Love it.

One time I rotated to my sims living in the Spice District where the sky was smoggy and ocean brownish? I was like oh well..lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I played it for a few hours Saturday and Sunday. BB and CAS is great, as always. Fell in love with a couple of hairstyles; wish I could get them separate. The world itself is interesting, but I found it ultimately depressing. I didn't like many of the existing builds, and the community lots were so bare bones I didn't at first realize they were playable at all. The Pre made sims did not interest me. I played with NAPs on Sunday, which confirmed my opinion that I didn't like them. They are way too much trouble for me to deal with, given my gaming style.

@Monaveil is quite right, this would be great if you wanted a save that was dedicated to random chaos. I had thought much the same. If I ever get it I might have one save for Semi Post Apocalyptic My-neighbor-is-a-loony NAP inspired craziness.