Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Dine Out

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Why isn't anyone giving this more attention? Forget the other packs, this needs a lot of fixing up, along with refreshing. I have a dedicated a section of my mod folders just for these mods that would not only fix the irreparably damaged core systems of this pack, but also add onto things they should've done so in the pack itself and there's a LOT and a lot of my current mods are just dedicated to making Dine Out work and actually making a functional restaurant. I shouldn't have to fix a broken $20 pack to make these things function and enjoyable for my Sims. Dine Out deserves better.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Dine Out works perfectly in my game, I love it. I'd rather see Island Living or Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat get attention first.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    Dine Out works perfectly in my game, I love it. I'd rather see Island Living or Get to Work or Outdoor Retreat get attention first.

The only thing I have to do to make Dine Out work in my game is reset the chef as soon as I arrive, which takes like 3 seconds. To be fair though I rarely go to restaurants with sims I don't control, so that may make a difference.

And yes for an update to Outdoor Retreat!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Dine Out lacks in specific areas concerning the already existing culinary career in the basegame to start. There's almost zero to no integration with other packs either apart from being able to add foods from other packs to menus, and you can't even add all of them either. They couldn't even add the hotpot and the table it goes with to function with restaurants, all we get are the recipes.
  • Options
    I'm going to reiterate what I typed in the other thread concerning why Dine Out refresh needs to happen:
    Please oh please does this pack need a lot more care. When I first got Dine Out, I really only wanted to place the restaurants in the worlds so I can send my Sims to eat at them, but when I tried to read about owning a restaurant myself, I discovered how underwhelming an experience it was going to be! This pack has so much potential to do more but it never strived to reach it! I have recently added at least 8 or so mods alone to improve upon the features in the pack, and don't even get me started on the bugs and the broken restaurant systems.

I can't get my Sims to finish their meals, I can't hire my own household members or family members and can't directly pick and choose who I hire. Why can't I make any money off the restaurant? Why are the customers always so fickle? Why isn't there a restaurant (and subsequently retail) related aspiration? Why is there no integration with the basegame culinary career? Why do I have to foot the bill when I'm invited to a restaurant? Why can't I place everything available to eat/drink in the game to my menus? Why are these restaurants so buggy and laggy? Why don't my employees do their jobs? Etc etc.

Oh how I would wish this pack got the love and care and attention that Spa Day was given, which shocked and surprised me that they would even do such a thing at all (I for one still liked Spa Day before the refresh and like it even more after). I could see a multitude of ways they can refresh this pack in all sorts of directions, but I do understand that overhauling the entire dining out and restaurant ownership systems to make it function properly must happen and those pesky longtime issues with this pack squashed before any refresh is gonna happen.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Number one, the chefs go to the kitchen immediately upon loading the lot, I'm really, really tired of the stupid chef standing on the front walk for the first 2-3 sim hours...and reset doesn't work for me. Eventually they wander in but not until almost every table is full and then they start to cook. :o

Number two, why doesn't the food come out anything but normal. I see the chef, when they do go to the kitchen, doing the tricks that a more experienced cook does, but the food comes out normal...what happened to excellent??

I really wish they would just fix the bugs first...great pack rendered almost useless with its present state. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    After toddlers came back, Dine Out refresh needs toddler to dine in with their family
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would like it where it doesn't take forever for sims to get their food. I had sims starve to death while waiting. They weren't sims I was playing; but that is how long the wait can be (which is why I cheat my sims needs to help prevent that).

Once they get that to actually work, it would nice to hire relatives and make it like a family run restaurant (depending on the type of restaurant you are going for).
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    My first and foremost wish for this pack is to be able to take my family to dinner without it taking all night. Last time I tried, the family arrived at 7pm and I gave up when it hit 2am, the time before that I arrived at 8pm, I stuck it out and they were done eating by 6am. It's ridiculous.

I'd love to see a refresh with all sorts of things, many which have been mentioned here and that I also posted in the other tread, but if they just fix it I'll be pleased enough.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    My first and foremost wish for this pack is to be able to take my family to dinner without it taking all night. Last time I tried, the family arrived at 7pm and I gave up when it hit 2am, the time before that I arrived at 8pm, I stuck it out and they were done eating by 6am. It's ridiculous.

I'd love to see a refresh with all sorts of things, many which have been mentioned here and that I also posted in the other tread, but if they just fix it I'll be pleased enough.

I so much agree with this. I have the time in my game slowed down so that a 'day' in game lasts twice as long as normal (using MCCC) in large part for this reason, and even with time slowed down it takes all day at the restaurant sometimes. I had Sims go to a restaurant for lunch the other day and they weren't done and out of the restaurant until 7 pm...

I have found it goes much faster if you get your Sims inside and seated and then order right away upon arrival, so that they are the first one's served, and even then it still takes hours and hours.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Well, if they actually worked on refreshing the pack, then they'd also have to fix all the issues within the pack already, so we'd hit 2 birds with one stone with all our wishes ;)