Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the Best Blogging Site to Share Sim Stories?

Hello Everyone

Recently, I was thinking of sharing my sims stories online. Kinda post screenshots, create ministories with my own dialogs and things like that. However twitter does not seem to work on me (I have a Sims Accounts XD XD) since the text is very limited on number of letters. I was thinking of three.

Wordpres, Tumbler, and Blogger. I kinda like to create a mini portfolio where for example the visitors will choose a Story they wanted to read and when they open it up they can see the pictures that I uploaded. What would be the best site to use? And if possible have some features that are cool even for free ( I am not going to build a website XD just a little blog to share stories and builds ) so I don't think I would go the paid options. Which of the three would be the best?

Thank You!!

Comments

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited August 2021
    Wordpress is pretty good, and it seems many Simmers use it. It’s also easier to keep track of favourite Wordpress blogs with the Follow button and Reader, and it allows for emails when a new chapter is up and such- and it’s easier for others to follow you in return.

Blogger is also good, it’s the one I use, I’m not sure what benefits if any it has over Wordpress. I heard the space available for free image storage is a lot bigger but I don’t know how true that is. Recently I think the Follow by Email system has been discontinued however so it’s somewhat less easy for people to keep up with your blog, from what readers have told me anyway.

May be worth looking into Tumblr but I think Tumblr is more suited to people who tell their stories in snippets, rather than the longer narrative type writers.

Your other option is starting a story thread in the Creative Corner of this forum, if you want to tell your story directly on the forum.

Happy blogging!
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited August 2021
    @SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Wordpress is pretty good, and it seems many Simmers use it. It’s also easier to keep track of favourite Wordpress blogs with the Follow button and Reader, and it allows for emails when a new chapter is up and such- and it’s easier for others to follow you in return.

Blogger is also good, it’s the one I use, I’m not sure what benefits if any it has over Wordpress. I heard the space available for free image storage is a lot bigger but I don’t know how true that is. Recently I think the Follow by Email system has been discontinued however so it’s somewhat easy for people to keep up with your blog, from what readers have told me anyway.

May be worth looking into Tumblr but I think Tumblr is more suited to people who tell their stories in snippets, rather than the longer narrative type writers.

Your other option is starting a story thread in the Creative Corner of this forum, if you want to tell your story directly on the forum.

Happy blogging!

Thank You! I'll use blogger then since since I really type in huge texts rather than snippets. Thank you for your suggestion <3
  • Options
    Big_Simmer_1Big_Simmer_1 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a story blog using the Sims 4 Xbox with very minimal packs, Html is www.bigsimgames.wordpress.com
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hey, @GalacticGal, did you see this thread? Maybe something of interest to you and a way to make connections with other long form storytellers.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    I really like wordpress myself, have been writing there for years. When I started my blog I felt it was a better option than blogger, but it was just my personal opinion at that time and also both platfroms have developed since then. Now I'm curious about blogger image storage size though. Wordpress has 3 GB for free.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I really like wordpress myself, have been writing there for years. When I started my blog I felt it was a better option than blogger, but it was just my personal opinion at that time and also both platfroms have developed since then. Now I'm curious about blogger image storage size though. Wordpress has 3 GB for free.

Thank you!! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @musteni wrote: »

Thank you!! <3

I had also read your blog. Wow, loving your werewolves diaries! The picture of 2 wolves in the love festival is hilarious for me, as the Love Guru did not care if it is not human sim she was talking with as long as she get paid for the festival XD
  • Options
    chillabychillaby Posts: 35 Member
    It seems like wordpress is what you need, as it is probably better suited to long-form story content as opposed to what I'm familiar with, which is Tumblr.

Another avenue for Simmers who are more photographically inclined is Instagram! There are plenty of accounts called Simstagrams dedicated to posting Sims stories via screenshots, but this is definitely best suited for shorter conversation-type posts, as it is impossible to read entire narrations on IG. What is nice, though, is that Instagram can help you market your longer story-based content with snippets to a wider audience! Just an idea that I hope helps some!