Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Same sims spawn in Uni one generation later

My sim is in Uni, same Uni his mother went to. I noticed that the NPC's in the dorm and around campus are the same as when his mother went to Uni when she was a YA. Is this happening with anyone else, or is something wrong with my game?

I use MCCC, and I generate 100% of my townies from my library, and I have a looot of sims in there, so why won't the game spawn fresh new sims? Why the same ones over and over again? I suspect they're clones, and not the same sims, because I remember some of them from when his grandmother went to Uni. Because they're all adults, but none of them have any children or are married, and most of them have the exact same age (in days). Which is odd to me, as almost every NPC in my game either has children or are married by the time they're adults..

I have yet to test this out without mods, especially MCCC, as it would surely take some time.. but I wanted to check here first in case it's a common thing. I read somewhere that this happens when you play the same family, but when you play a different family the NPC's change up in Uni. I've not tested this yet.

Comments

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I don't use mods, but there are definitely some "career students" living in those on-campus housing spots. I have, however, very heavily edited townies in Manage Households, so maybe the game's interpreting that as me wanting those sims to persist in the world.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yes. It's really annoying. The same Sims are forever going to the same college and never graduating. I had one Sim dating a girl in his dorm and even got engaged but she never left.

While I'm not generally a fan of Story Progression, it's things like this that make me think the NPCs do need a little story nudge here and there.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't use mods, but there are definitely some "career students" living in those on-campus housing spots. I have, however, very heavily edited townies in Manage Households, so maybe the game's interpreting that as me wanting those sims to persist in the world.

I don't edit the NPC's at Uni, because sometimes if I do, it leads to every NPC in the dorm being switched out with new ones (yet I've also seen them before, they're not new new), and the NPC's I just edited disappear. Really annoying. So I don't think that's the reason.
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yes. It's really annoying. The same Sims are forever going to the same college and never graduating. I had one Sim dating a girl in his dorm and even got engaged but she never left.

While I'm not generally a fan of Story Progression, it's things like this that make me think the NPCs do need a little story nudge here and there.

I know, they really do. Why would they not want new sims to appear "years" later?? I don't get it. Can someone please make a mod for this? Haha. I want new NPC's in Uni! Even if I delete some of them, their clones come back to haunt me! The game is seriously set on which sims it wants in Uni.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    plau wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I know, they really do. Why would they not want new sims to appear "years" later?? I don't get it. Can someone please make a mod for this? Haha. I want new NPC's in Uni! Even if I delete some of them, their clones come back to haunt me! The game is seriously set on which sims it wants in Uni.

I would love more story progression in sims generally. I have mcc now, but would really prefer if it was an in game thing.

When it comes to roommates and college, however, there is LMS's choose a roommate. I had a whole bunch of teens age up roughly at the same time, went and enrolled all of them in uni and then picked them as roommates. A bit invasive and it does take from immersion in the game, but it works.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!