Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Discover University Refresh

On to the next expansion pack, There is a possible refresh for Discover University Because Britechester is lacking neighborhoods. We need the following:

- More Residential Neighborhood
- More Commercial Neighborhood (Gyms, Restaurants, etc.)
- Additional University Neighborhood
- Basketball Team

Suggestions are welcome here.

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    How about college rock or geek rock radio station? They should add a new radio station just like how The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life both got college-themed rock radio station.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Music clubs that have nothing to do with guitars, bass or drums.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    On to the next expansion pack, There is a possible refresh for Discover University Because Britechester is lacking neighborhoods. We need the following:

- More Residential Neighborhood
    - More Commercial Neighborhood (Gyms, Restaurants, etc.)
    - Additional University Neighborhood
    - Basketball Team

Suggestions are welcome here.

Ava Max as a University Mascot?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I just want to be able to play rotationally and have Sims go to university at the same time.

This one, more than anything :)

@rudy8292 , :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I'd just like following things improved/changed:

1. silence the cafeteria worker. they have no reason to shout like crazy all the time

2. let me build kitchen in dorms
    don't understand the point of this restriction maybe convert it to lot challenge or something

3. graduation party.
    its very underwhelming after all that work and it makes me quite sad

4. let me tap on school building to make my sims go to their class in time/early because they always freaking late cause the go to class thing doesn't show up and then my vampires burn to death just standing out there p_p

5. actual soccer. come on. if u started do it all the way.

+ well i wouldn't mind couple apartments in the library neighborhood shells but i don't think that will happen
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    They really need to liven up the college experience. There's little reason to visit the campuses and living there is a nightmare.
    • Bring back social groups, or flesh out the student organizations more. Don't limit organizations to certain universities, but make a version available to all universities, and have them be rivals. The debate teams can have matches, the sports teams can play against each other, you can catch rival schools defacing property and pulling pranks, etc.
    • Spontaneous dorm parties, with random events like juice pong competitions, sims fighting, spin the bottle, etc.
    • Join in on protests.
    • Dress up as the mascot and try to cheer people up.
    • Active classes. Draw outside during a painting class, try to pass notes to your friends, do some extra activities in class to boost your grade, work on school projects, and use any extra time to finish homework. People said they didn't want active classes because it'd just be watching your sim study all day, but it doesn't have to be like that at all.
    • Backpacks.
    • Maybe throw in some local hangouts.
    • Honestly, just copy all the good parts of Sims 3's University pack.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    We need to be able to at least prepare salads and other meals, ideally healthy, that do not require a stove.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think this EP was actually pretty good, we just need a better graduation.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    I felt food was restricted on campus to certain times. Not sure how else to better describe it. I cheated and added a mini fridge to my dorm room. Would be cool to have a community kitchen in the dorm areas. Our sims need those snacks and energy drinks for those late night study sessions.

Also, if they could make the dorm residents less... annoying. They're all over for me, in and out of my sims room, using my sims items like laptop, instruments. :/
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I felt food was restricted on campus to certain times. Not sure how else to better describe it. I cheated and added a mini fridge to my dorm room. Would be cool to have a community kitchen in the dorm areas. Our sims need those snacks and energy drinks for those late night study sessions.

Also, if they could make the dorm residents less... annoying. They're all over for me, in and out of my sims room, using my sims items like laptop, instruments. :/

In my game when I sent a sim to uni dorm, there was a sim that always brought platters of food. My sim being inconsiderate used to stash the whole platter in her own fridge. There was no need for cafeteria food. I wonder if the vending machines from Mt. komorebi work in the uni dorm, they have both food and drinks.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    If they do overhaul University, then I'd like to see Improved SERVO's (like more Physical looks, not just recolors, and perhaps even eventually giving them humanoid/human forms).
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    If they Add another University Neighborhood, Then it should be called "Jackson University" named after Michael Jackson. They also need to add a residential/commercial with gym Neighborhood.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Active class and actually do soccer right let Sims play a game together also I get University is for adults but seriously give kids the ability to ride bikes why add something like that and lock them out of it
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I also want to be able to play rotationally without my sims losing their progress. I want to be able to get a household together to move into University and be able to control each one like a family in a normal household. I use to play 8 students in the dorm in Sims2 and I loved the challenge! They would interact with each other, help each other with studies, go out for enjoyment together, some would fall in love and others fight with each other(Usually Angela and Lilith, lol). It was so much fun! I was looking forward to doing that with Sims 4 but you can't. I haven't played much with it because of this. I know I will try again, maybe have students in a home and get them through one at a time and keep them in the house until they all complete college, but it just won't be the same and will take longer than I would like. The best part with Sims 2 was that they all were able to graduate together. It was awesome!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Better Servos
    Rotation play
    An additional area with more lots
    Greek life
    Playable Professors (possibly past sims that graduated)
    Having higher grades if woo hoo with professor
    Better secret societies
    Easier and quicker classes

University is really dull. I loved sims 2 university, so anything closer to that would be awesome
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    I want to revamp the different classes so that there is a difference to majoring in biology and art. Say that final project in some courses could be tied to the skill learned, for instance build a robot for robotics class or write a book for a writing class. Literature classes should involve reading/analyzing fiction, painting courses should involve paining and so on. This could either be homework (read Crisis barn) or final project (paint a surreal painting and hand in).

Also, uni should build more skills. For instance if you write a term paper, you develop the skill of the course - but you should need at basic level of writing and research to make it excellent (so that not everyone can write an excellent term paper by just putting in the hours, your skill level in the subject as well as writing and researching should also matter to the quality of the paper). That way making sure you learn skills like writing and researching already as a teenager will matter. For someone with less skills it would take more work (maybe they need to take fewer classes to manage that A+) than someone with high skills from the beginning.

Also uni in game is way too cheap. Yes, the course books cost a fair bit, but a part from my first sim going I haven't bought one and I always nail A+ anyway. There is really never any need to take the loan, not when almost everything is free and going doesn't cost so much.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'd just like following things improved/changed:

1. silence the cafeteria worker. they have no reason to shout like crazy all the time

2. let me build kitchen in dorms
    don't understand the point of this restriction maybe convert it to lot challenge or something

3. graduation party.
    its very underwhelming after all that work and it makes me quite sad

4. let me tap on school building to make my sims go to their class in time/early because they always freaking late cause the go to class thing doesn't show up and then my vampires burn to death just standing out there p_p

5. actual soccer. come on. if u started do it all the way.

+ well i wouldn't mind couple apartments in the library neighborhood shells but i don't think that will happen

I think these are all good ideas!

As far as soccer goes, it would be nice to at least be able to see two sims (child-elder) being able to at least kick the ball back and forth, and at least be able to go to a soccer game, where you could sit in the stands with friends, buy drinks, hot diggs and popcorn, and watch a a virtual game going on.…… I don’t care if they show the same game each time, at least it looks like they are real spectators. If we can watch tv, why not a game on a field?

Only one I would put above them is make it for rotational play, give us a pause university button in the households or something so when we switch families and we come back we can resume when switching back to the university family. We unpause game play and start college ( but college doesn’t begin again till we reach the day and time we paused it ).
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    We would definitely need active classes. I think I was disappointed to see that we still had a rabbit hole
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I just want to be able to play rotationally and have Sims go to university at the same time.

I definitely want to have my played sims live in a college dorm together.
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Another vote for rotational play compatibility. Oh and better graduations. Also love increased grades from woohoo and professor career only open to graduates!!
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Bring comics and comic drawing back! They were in TS3 University.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I miss the university parties & playable classes like in Sims 3 University.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    If they Add another University Neighborhood, Then it should be called "Jackson University" named after Michael Jackson. They also need to add a residential/commercial with gym Neighborhood.

Why would they name a university after Michael Jackson?
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    candyboot wrote: »

Why would they name a university after Michael Jackson?

Music Themed University it is.