Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traveling alone with one or more household stays at home

ren_sibal123ren_sibal123 Posts: 86 Member
I wonder i will travel only alone but my household (with or without child and toddlers and teen) left on my house, it still safe for its need when i turned the option in household panel "care for self"? Will not ruin it or die?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sims aren't terrific at filling their needs when left home to "Care For Self", but also won't start fires or anything. You may need to do a bit of motive upkeep when you return, but your sims will be fine.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If you click on sims at home you can see which need is increasing when they Care for Self. Sometimes I see that they are sleeping but their other needs are dropping too low. There is a little icon on their face - click that and choose a different option briefly, then click Care for Self again, and they will focus on a lower motive.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've never bothered with this in all the years I've played. In fact, if you have a home full of unhappy sims it's best to travel somewhere with one of them and you will see their needs replenish automatically. Take advantage of it.

Word of warning - if you stay out too late with a sim, when they return home the others are usually at full energy.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Yes, it is safe.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It’s safe, but many times I will take other sims along with the sim I’m interested in playing to focus on homework or Job homework, or sometimes so they will spend their time sleeping preparing for work the next day. While my other sim is doing something else at a community lot because I don’t think sims do home work, job homework, or get enough sleep while my sims are out ( I have mini-motels in a lot of late night lots for this purpose ).
  • Options
    Holly69Holly69 Posts: 9 New Member
    With Care for Self on they should be fine but you can always check up on them by clicking their icon and navigating to the needs panel to see if any need doing. I find that when leaving toddlers alone with adult sims in the house they are often neglected and I have to switch control to an adult at home and take care of the toddler myself :/