Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Death with Ageing Off

I've been playing with ageing off for a while now, and I know the death cheats were removed a while back... I've managed to kill off my elders easily enough (woohoo to exhaustion haha,) but my current family has a cat, she's an elder and they've had her for ages now and it just doesn't feel realistic to have a cat that is out living the Sim that originally adopted her!
I know the easy option would be just deleting the cat but I don't like that it would be like she never existed, so as awful as it sounds... Is there any way to kill pets in TS4...? I know, I feel awful lol, but it's for storytelling purposes!

Comments

• Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Maybe briefly, turn on aging, then when the pet dies, turn aging off again.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    From what I remember they only allow aging deaths for pets in this one. However, if you are willing to risk it, you could try fire or starving. I'd honestly turn aging on for this, like @LoriTSp said.
  • Options
    desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    > @Calico45 said:
    > From what I remember they only allow aging deaths for pets in this one. However, if you are willing to risk it, you could try fire or starving. I'd honestly turn aging on for this, like @LoriTSp said.

pets can die from a fire, so I suggest locking them in a room and starting a fire... tragic i know but I think it's the only way for them to die other then old age