Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting a new challenge 1st Pictures Meet Andy and Alex now

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
Hi , years ago I created and started the A to Z challenge and made it to Z with Zackary Dexter. I have always wanted to do it again but never have. So I have decided I would do it but with a twist.
I will be doing a A to Z Adoption Challenge
my rules will be as followed
Choose either a married or not married couple, or single male or female to start.
Only adopted child is allowed no pregnancies' are allowed ever
When the adopted child comes, you cannot change anything about them, you cannot change skin, hair, eyes etc. You can only change the clothes
A baby, toddler, child can be adopted boy or girl
I can live in any house, any town, work or not work, move to another house, town, just play anyway you want, only thing is you can only adopt
Must play out each sims full life, no killing off any sim, no early aging up, Each sim must live through each stage of life to old age.
Adopted child when grown can only adopt and continue on until Z child is reached
I want to see when I get to Z what the generation look like compared to my starting sim. I know this challenge will take a long time.
I will be using my favorite sims the Dexter's
o1lha5n.jpg

This is the Dexter's new Adopted son Andy Dexter
EfmrcDQ.jpg
He loves playing in the sand
Ei9iVfe.jpg
eTpP7ds.jpg
I think he is kind of cute.
When he grows up he too will Adopt in this challenge
Post edited by Evalen on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! I hope you share lots of pictures. :cookie:
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun! I hope you share lots of pictures. :cookie:

@Rflong7 Yes I will be showing pictures. I will be showing the adopted child and as the child grows and when he or she adopts thanks for your input.\\
    I can't wait to see the first adopted child.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Good luck with the challenge!

A small question- if you use EA adoption, doesn't this mean that the all children will look sort of the same with "vanilla face"?
    Can you adopt from town residents? (Don't know if it makes sense)
  • Options
    @Avatarit, I do not use mods and to me all my sims look different. As you cannot pick a child I do not know, but when Andy grows up he will also adopt and I will know if the child looks like him. thanks for the question. Perhaps someone who has adopted a lot of children would know.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited June 2021
    Evalen wrote: »
    @Avatarit, I do not use mods and to me all my sims look different. As you cannot pick a child I do not know, but when Andy grows up he will also adopt and I will know if the child looks like him. thanks for the question. Perhaps someone who has adopted a lot of children would know.

I recall adopting a lot of children once and they turned out to be totally different from each other and from the parent adopting them.

Adoptions007.jpg

I was aging them up fast and a few of the birthday cakes caught on fire. I don't seem to have good pictures of any of them but they were racially diverse and as different from each other as they could possibly be with still appearing to be human.

This one came with light blue skin.

Adoptions003.jpg

Adoptions001.jpg
  • Options
    @Karritz Thanks for your input, wow your family looks neat. I might end up with blue, green what ever maybe even a alien. guess it will be awhile to see the next adoption as I am not aging them up early. they have to live to old age.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »

I recall adopting a lot of children once and they turned out to be totally different from each other and from the parent adopting them.

Adoptions007.jpg

I was aging them up fast and a few of the birthday cakes caught on fire. I don't seem to have good pictures of any of them but they were racially diverse and as different from each other as they could possibly be with still appearing to be human.

This one came with light blue skin.

Adoptions003.jpg

Adoptions001.jpg

Thanks for sharing, :smile:
    What I meant in my question is whether they will look the same in faces.
    I know in skintone, hairstyle, body type and all they turn out diverse, but in my experience their genetics is as the game-generated townies.
    On the other hand, I never adopted more than 2 in game.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Avatarit I thought so at some point, but no, the genetics of adopted children are usually not zero slider sims. I can only see that happen if you have lots of zero slider residents and service people in your town, because the genetics of adopted children seem to draw on the pool of sims that are already there. I noticed that in my Pleasantview game, where I played the Oldies (a couple of elders), and one of them had the "surrounded by family" wish, which I could only fulfill by adoptions. The kids were all different, though two of them looked like siblings and had a strong resemblance to one of the maids (who had rather distinctive facial features), and two others looked suspiciously similar to some of the other residents (frex the Broke's).
    Edit: I'm talking about a Sims3 version of Pleasantview, just to make that clear :smile: .
  • Options

Well somehow I deleted my game and had to start over. I was so mad. but have not given up. I started a new game and adopted Alex, My sims love him. He love swinging and swings when ever he gets a change. he also cleans up all the time. Mops, makes beds, washes his dishes. He is cute
    360X64T.jpg
    He and his mom went out for the day and ended up singing together. I love the look on his face as he looks at his new mom.
    GCAbc80.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    @Evalen I was a bit concerned yesterday and spent about an hour looking for a very important save I couldn't find on my PC or any of my external hard drives. After about an hour I think I've finally tracked it down. It was the save I use for two of my video stories. The McFluff story and Oscar's Childhood/Teen Years.
  • Options
    @Karritz I hate when that happens, all the time searching, Glad you found your save.