Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread šŸ“

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2021
    guys i just want know more of this pack, in especially crosspack features, how eco lifestyle and seasons will impact this packs, also cats and dogs, realm of magic (spellcaster have some spells of harvets, maybe upgrade for animals?) maybe the seasonal festival will gains a reputation for get famous system? oh so many questions...

@edit - can we have farms elsewhere? that get togheter island with a huge lot is going to be a great space for a challenge
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited June 2021
    12 lots is less than I was hoping for, I would have loved to have 14 (which I still feel like was barely enough in Sulani). But it's certainly better than 10, and I can make it work.

It's subject to change once we know more, but my current plan is:

4 traditional residential lots (at least one young family, one elderly couple who will be the grocer parents of a flower-shop owning YA sim I have already in Willow Creek... I knew I wanted to make her parents eventually, so this is perfect, one spellcaster family, and one household TBD... maybe one of the premades, maybe not).

1 haunted house lot, probably
    1 rental lot... I might play around with the whole agritourism concept for this one, and it might be the best use of the 64x64 lot for me. I think it could be a lot of fun to have my families from other worlds visit and stay on a working farm where the kids could play with chickens, cows, etc.

2 retail lots (I'm thinking one bakery/bookshop/with the cafe objects since I can't fit an actual cafe into the world, and then maybe an art gallery/florist)

1 pub (the existing bar they are giving us)
    1 restaurant (Unless they give us a premade grocer, either as a new lot type or a general retail lot, in which case I'm playing around with the idea of a takeaway shop: i.e., a grocer that also sells premade meals in the cooler cases from Get to Work. Either way, will feature the new recipes.)

1 community garden
    1 museum or library

Edited to add: I don't have anyone in mind yet for the haunted house lot, but I suppose if Agnes becomes bothersome, I can move her in there and see how long she lasts. >:)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

I will be so happy if that's one of the deaths. :D
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™m glad there are no horses because I wasnā€™t looking forward to Sims showing up in Sulani and San Myshuno on horseback. Would have been annoying and immersion breaking in my game

Llamas are more interesting and appropriate to the Sims, and it would be cool if they patch in riding them.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

I will be so happy if that's one of the deaths. :D

Nasty, pointy teeth! Look at the bones!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Wait.....according to the blogpost thereā€™s a Grocery Store ??
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    original.jpg

Look at those huge pumpkins, aubergines and mushrooms. I hope itā€˜s like in Stardew Valley where there is a chance of getting mega crops when you plant them in 3x3 grids.

I can make Hagrid's Hut! o:)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    *EYENOOOMS*

Wonder if it's like actual grocery store/market or do they mean a market stall? o3o
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Market stall according to Simguru Romeo

There will be errands to run across town, I wonder if that would be like stardew valley with the community board?šŸ§
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Akl500P wrote: Ā»

I seriously love this šŸ˜. The idea of kids helping with cooking is such a cute thing.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH

I suggested this several times on the forums, maybe they READ me?! :D
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: Ā»
    *EYENOOOMS*

Wonder if it's like actual grocery store/market or do they mean a market stall? o3o

Thereā€™s a stall but you can also order groceries for home delivery. :)

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    In the reveal trailer it actually looked like both were present, one shop and one stall.
    *EYENOOOMS*

• Options
    Kironide wrote: Ā»
    In the reveal trailer it actually looked like both were present, one shop and one stall.
    *EYENOOOMS*

There will not be a store just the stall or delivery according to Simguru Romeoā€™s twitter
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. So, is the store just a shell?
    *EYENOOOMS*

There will not be a store just the stall or delivery according to Simguru Romeoā€™s twitter

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Holiday wrote: Ā»
    *EYENOOOMS*

Is there a point to ordering groceries? I thought simsā€™ fridges were limitless.
    Unless they want to make it like the Sims 2 where you run out of food and had to buy groceries, which Iā€™d be down for!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2021
    *EYENOOOMS*

Where did he say that?

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    The more info that comes, the more excited I get. The 22nd is going to take forever to get here. The Sims team is two for two this year. Now, if we get a Generations-style pack for the fall or winter, this will be the best year for the game (in my opinion, of course).

Same for me! My dream packs are a school pack for a GP in september and a Generations kind of pack for an EP in November!

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    bixters wrote: Ā»
    *EYENOOOMS*

Is there a point to ordering groceries? I thought simsā€™ fridges were limitless.
    Unless they want to make it like the Sims 2 where you run out of food and had to buy groceries, which Iā€™d be down for!

There is a new lot trait that adds a bit of challenge and requires you to have the ingredients for the dish.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: Ā»
    *EYENOOOMS*

Where did he say that?

https://simsvip.com/2021/06/10/the-sims-4-cottage-living-grocery-shops-and-deliveries-confirmed/

*EYENOOOMS*

According to the blog post one lot challenge is that you need to have the ingredients, so no unlimited fridge contents anymore
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    *EYENOOOMS*

Where did he say that?

https://simsvip.com/2021/06/10/the-sims-4-cottage-living-grocery-shops-and-deliveries-confirmed/

*EYENOOOMS*

According to the blog post one lot challenge is that you need to have the ingredients, so no unlimited fridge contents anymore

I'll probably be attaching that lot trait to a few sims lots as I like the thought of being able to buy ingredients to cook a lot of items. Something I liked with a mod I wa splaying around with being able to order groceries online or buy them in a rabbit hole lot. Probably gonna need a big rehaul once this comes out.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    *EYENOOOMS*

Where did he say that?

*EYENOOOMS*

I'll probably be attaching that lot trait to a few sims lots as I like the thought of being able to buy ingredients to cook a lot of items. Something I liked with a mod I wa splaying around with being able to order groceries online or buy them in a rabbit hole lot. Probably gonna need a big rehaul once this comes out.

Same! I want that for all my sims!!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

@LeneDieters - Sorry to dispute you, but Romeo does say there is a store that sells meat.

*EYENOOOMS*

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Im loving the look of this one, it reminds me of The Good Life! (if you are old enough and from the UK you will understand that reference!LOL).
    Really hoping that the new fridge/cooker are off the grid as this pack give you real self sufficiency vibes and that would probably be a fun way to play it.

Oh my! I'm gonna have to create Tom and Barbara now šŸ˜
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    *EYENOOOMS*

Where did he say that?

*EYENOOOMS*

Thatā€™s cool! Like someone else said, Iā€™ll probably add that trait to all my simsā€™ household, I love a little extra challenge!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Im loving the look of this one, it reminds me of The Good Life! (if you are old enough and from the UK you will understand that reference!LOL).
    Really hoping that the new fridge/cooker are off the grid as this pack give you real self sufficiency vibes and that would probably be a fun way to play it.

Oh my! I'm gonna have to create Tom and Barbara now šŸ˜

Iā€™m kinda getting ā€˜Last of the Summer Wineā€™ vibes from this pack too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top