Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I want to put my sim on a diet...

The sim in my current game has gained a lot of weight over the last few sim weeks. I got her back in shape with the diet ice-cream. But now I want to keep her in shape. I know some dishes in the sims have more calories than others. I don't want to give her only garden salads and fruit salads so I am wondering what other dishes have low calories? Is there any way to check calories of a dish in game?

Comments

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I think the fish options are low cal.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Don't forget to go jogging, or treadmill at the gym, at least a couple of times a week :)

(I have my fitness-loving sims do some kind of exercise every day, my sims who are supposed to be sedentary do none or almost none, and everyone else is in between)

• Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2021
    One of my main sims Leslie gained quite a lot after having 4 kids... She is a family sim who loves cooking and painting, so not much of active lifestyle, when I first tried to send her for a jog, she went with a plate in her hand :D I tried to make her cook more healthy meals like salads and sandwiches and make her jog frequently. Last week she finally got back in her previous shape, but guess what, she got pregnant again, so there is a good possibility she will gains it all back :D It also helps using roBurky - FitnessControls mod.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @calaprfy Thanks for the list. I will try to see what dishes I will add to my sims diet.
    I will add fish as well if that doesn't have too much calories. Though there seem to be dishes with zero calories. :open_mouth:

I also will have my sim go jogging every once and a while, like some of you pointed out.
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    One of my main sims Leslie gained quite a lot after having 4 kids... She is a family sim who loves cooking and painting, so not much of active lifestyle, when I first tried to send her for a jog, she went with a plate in her hand :D I tried to make her cook more healthy meals like salads and sandwiches and make her jog frequently. Last week she finally got back in her previous shape, but guess what, she got pregnant again, so there is a good possibility she will gains it all back :D It also helps using roBurky - FitnessControls mod.

Jogging with a plate of food in her hand... It must have looked so funny.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @calaprfy Thanks for the list. I will try to see what dishes I will add to my sims diet.
    I will add fish as well if that doesn't have too much calories. Though there seem to be dishes with zero calories. :open_mouth:
    Maybe his list needs updating? Fish and chips with zero calories? Wish it had zero calories in real life lol.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Maybe his list needs updating? Fish and chips with zero calories? Wish it had zero calories in real life lol.

Haha, I know, right? Me too! It's actually an EA bug; from the page at Carl's site linked above:

Also, a bug is present with dishes from Outdoor Retreat and a couple of other packs that causes them to have 0 calories.

I actually knew about this, and do I exploit it?? Yes indeed!
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yoga is your best friend. I tend to have my Sims do yoga because they don’t get hugely muscular.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Yoga is your best friend. I tend to have my Sims do yoga because they don’t get hugely muscular.

My sim did yoga and she bulked up like the Hulk. I think the diet ice cream is the best no fuss way of keeping sims trim, just let them have a serving every once in a while. Also, swimming seems to keep them in shape quite easily.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

My sim did yoga and she bulked up like the Hulk. I think the diet ice cream is the best no fuss way of keeping sims trim, just let them have a serving every once in a while. Also, swimming seems to keep them in shape quite easily.

That's strange. I have loads of my sims do plenty of yoga and they never bulk up, they just keep nicely in shape. I discovered it as a way to stop my uni sims from getting fat on all the junk they eat in the dorms, I give them all a yoga mat they can carry around :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

That's strange. I have loads of my sims do plenty of yoga and they never bulk up, they just keep nicely in shape. I discovered it as a way to stop my uni sims from getting fat on all the junk they eat in the dorms, I give them all a yoga mat they can carry around :D

She used to be lean as a thin sim, but after getting fat and doing yoga she became thinner but very muscly. Who gets big defined muscles from yoga?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member

She used to be lean as a thin sim, but after getting fat and doing yoga she became thinner but very muscly. Who gets big defined muscles from yoga?

Originally, that is what doing yoga did to a Sim, but they have tweaked it ages ago, to max out at 60% of the muscle slider. That equals a slightly visible sixpack, but certainly not extremely muscular.
    Not the best picture, but this is my last Sim who did a lot of yoga (and cycling and jogging, but no muscle building exercise):
    1201844b0e1670a05662779ea7fcd94fe2f42c1a.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Was going to recommend yoga. I had an older mom of four who had put on lots of weight over the years. She started doing yoga every morning and slimmed down to smaller than pre-kids!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I also found yoga worked better for my chunky sims.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    I had no idea food had any affect on sims weight!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I had no idea food had any affect on sims weight!

It's not immediately visible. But after a few weeks of poor food choices it is very visible.