Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angry buff from Wind Chimes - bug?

I tried googling this, no luck.

My sim gets an angry buff whenever she hears wind chimes. The buff says: "Annoying chimes (from wind chime) If *sim name* was taller, she'd rip those wind chimes down when nobody was looking". Angry buff +1.
Her traits are gloomy, vegetarian and freegan, they shouldn't cause this buff. I've never seen it before. But I think it could possibly be a bug, my sim is downloaded from the gallery, then she had the hot-headed trait, I gave her new traits in CAS after placing her on the lot, maybe it's connected to the bug? I checked her traits, she only has the three traits I gave her, but I've seen before that old swapped out traits sometimes "reappear" and they get buffs from old traits..

Can anyone confirm that sims with the hot-headed trait gets angry at wind chimes? And does anyone know of a solution? I really want wind chimes on the sim's lot :)

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes. Hotheads get angry about everything it's not a bug🤣 been there for years
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sense you changed her traits, save her with the new traits and start a new game with her. The old traits' buffs won't stay on a second new trait save.

That's what I do when I want to change my sims traits. I start a new game (eta; and change their traits in create a sim), play them for a few minutes, then go into plan outfits at a dresser, save them and then start a new game with them.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I know it's OT, but I think some of the other traits get tense with it too sometimes.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021
    @plau you can remove the hot head trait by this cheat: ctrl+shift+c
    then in the cheats console in the upper left corner type: traits.remove_trait HotHeaded

I got this from Carl’s Sims4 Guide here in case you have any trouble.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Imagine listening to those chimes all day. I'd eventually get angry too. xD
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I thought it was random which buffs sims got, similar to whether they like fruitcake or not.
  • Options
    DemonLooksDemonLooks Posts: 5 New Member
    limited consumption of animal products can lead to hormone imbalances causing irritation and irrationality
    sims being a near perfect simulation of our reality has taken this into account, hence ur sims behaviour
    to fix this issue i would consider making ur sim eat some liver every now and again (maybe 2 times a week in small amounts)
    obviously u could completely transition into a normal diet so that ur sim acts in a regular manner
    however i dont think u will be inclined to do that, therefore i proposed the middleground solution before
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I use hot headed sims a lot, never seen this. I think it’s the gloomy trait, they don’t like “cheerful” things.

—T
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    I thought it was random which buffs sims got, similar to whether they like fruitcake or not.

It may be random within the context of your traits.

I use a mod called 'ShowSimInfo' that lets me look at the 'info' on any sim. I can see all the traits and hidden traits on them.
    - That would be a way to find out if a trait that you removed is still hiding in there, and then use the 'cheat' to remove it without needing to do a new save.

That noted, the mod is a scripted mod that was 'abandoned' by it's developer before even 'Realm of Magic' came out - so it doesn't work for many people (I have reason anyone with the Island EP can't use the mod) and could stop working for everyone on any possible future Maxis patch. But there's got to be a built in way to gather this same information.
    To7m wrote: »
    I use hot headed sims a lot, never seen this. I think it’s the gloomy trait, they don’t like “cheerful” things.
    That makes sense.

Am tempted to put two sims into isolated rooms with a wind chime and see which one goes nuts first...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »

It may be random within the context of your traits.

I use a mod called 'ShowSimInfo' that lets me look at the 'info' on any sim. I can see all the traits and hidden traits on them.
    - That would be a way to find out if a trait that you removed is still hiding in there, and then use the 'cheat' to remove it without needing to do a new save.

That noted, the mod is a scripted mod that was 'abandoned' by it's developer before even 'Realm of Magic' came out - so it doesn't work for many people (I have reason anyone with the Island EP can't use the mod) and could stop working for everyone on any possible future Maxis patch. But there's got to be a built in way to gather this same information.
    To7m wrote: »
    That makes sense.

Am tempted to put two sims into isolated rooms with a wind chime and see which one goes nuts first...

I have every pack and I use that mod without any issues that I've noticed. I just used it today to check Bonehildas' traits.. why can she even spawn with slob and klepto EA?
    What issues should I be looking for?

On topic, changing traits in CAS can be buggy and leave old traits still effecting your sim. It's better to cheat the points to buy the remove potion from the reward store then use that.