Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with Bust the Dust Kit

Hi, has anyone else got the problem that a house with the haunted lot trait doesn't get dusty at all?
The floors just keep on sparkling for days. When I change it into a normal lot, it seems like only the top floor gets dusty. Seems a bit odd.

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I played in a haunted lot last night and both floors got dirty.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Seems to take a bit longer but after a few simdays my haunted Asylum got dusty too, it's also a rather big house so that might also have something to do with it.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have the Goth house (Ophelia Villa) set as haunted, and that started getting a bit dusty the first sim day I played with the new kit.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have only tested it in a haunted house and it has gotten dusty. It never reached to lower levels, but I kept on top of it.
  • Options
    ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    Thanks for all your answers, played a bit more today and it's still the same. No haunted house in my game gets dusty, repaired my game and started a new save but nothing changed. Very weird indeed.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think it might be a bit glitchy. Last night when I played the dirt appearance seemed to get stuck even though the game said it was clean.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My issue with the pack is that I switched the dust effect off and rotated to my next household and the game kept rewarding my sims an inspired moodlet for keeping the place dust-free.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    My issue with the pack is that I switched the dust effect off and rotated to my next household and the game kept rewarding my sims an inspired moodlet for keeping the place dust-free.

I modded the moodlets and endless reactions to cleanness out of my game thanks to Zero.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Turning the effects off stops the dust, bunnies, fiends, and sparkles from appearing but it apparently doesn’t turn off the buffs, I don’t know if that’s a feature or a bug but as Sharonia said you can mod them out if you wish. :)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My haunted house is nothing but pristine constantly too, despite not cleaning. I think the game is getting confused when removing haunted objects (scrubbing the slime up) and it's counting that as a cleaning action, and enough of a cleaning action to keep everything sparkling and dust free.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I think it might be a bit glitchy. Last night when I played the dirt appearance seemed to get stuck even though the game said it was clean.
    I’m getting that issue too, there is a bug report on it now
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Floor-never-looks-clean/m-p/10128118#M175868
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I’m getting that issue too, there is a bug report on it now
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Floor-never-looks-clean/m-p/10128118#M175868

Thanks for sharing. I clicked me too. Hopefully it can be fixed.
  • Options
    missdeefyingmissdeefying Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm also having this problem. I started a new haunted house with the cursed, gremlins and filthy traits. It got really gross during my first day, but once the paranormal events started occurring on the first night, the house reset to clean and it's now four days later and no signs of dust.
  • Options
    missdeefyingmissdeefying Posts: 10 New Member
    Further to the above, I also have no option to check the dust level in the house.
  • Options
    Further to the above, I also have no option to check the dust level in the house.

A

Are you clicking on the actual floor? I only ask because if you have deco rugs down and click there, the option won’t appear.
  • Options
    ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    I recently tested this. I started off in a normal house, after a while dust started to appear. 2 dust bunnies spawned, and I could check the dust level. Then I changed it into a haunted house, travelled somewhere, and when I returned the dust bunnies disappeared. I couldn't check the dust level anymore, and now the house won't generate dust again. I hope this gets fixed. :/
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited March 2021
    A couple of the households I am playing keep losing the ability to check the dust level and neither of them is a haunted lot. One is a regular lot, one is a tiny residential. I think this is a bug which isn't confined to one lot type.
    At this point, I'm wondering just how short a period of testing they give to their testers because this is quite a list of bugs that seem to be cropping up.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    After more playing, my sims are constantly happy when it's dusty and constantly inspired when it's clean.

This means that sims are very likely to perform tasks related to the inspired moodlet like planting seeds, painting, playing instruments. Even worse, children are constantly making a mess.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I just wish Maxis would dial down the dust/bunnies/vaccuming just a little bit. (I'm afraid of complaining too much.) It's times like these I really, really wish I was a modder and understood what those codes meant. I would even be happy if we HAD to prompt sims to clean instead of what we have now.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    After more playing, my sims are constantly happy when it's dusty and constantly inspired when it's clean.

This means that sims are very likely to perform tasks related to the inspired moodlet like planting seeds, painting, playing instruments. Even worse, children are constantly making a mess.
    OMG yes! I was playing a family with 4 kids today, they were constantly inspired and constantly making messes. It was driving me absolutely round the bend.

I must remember to mod that out tomorrow 🙄
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I just wish Maxis would dial down the dust/bunnies/vaccuming just a little bit. (I'm afraid of complaining too much.) It's times like these I really, really wish I was a modder and understood what those codes meant. I would even be happy if we HAD to prompt sims to clean instead of what we have now.

There is nothing wrong about making reasonable complains. The dust system is a bit unbalanced, specially the overusage of moodlets.
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I think the Bust the Dust kit is broken for sure. :( I had to disable it, the first time disabling a pack at all, since even turning the settings off in pack settings did nothing. It still caused dust bunnies cause my Sim kept getting money added to his household funds.
  • Options
    My biggest complaint is with the upgrade the vacuums don’t work off the grid. So I made an AHQ thread. The link is in my signature if anyone wants to sign on to get that fixed. :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's true, my Sims will stop everything to vacuum a pristine house.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Almost the entire pack is buggy. My haunted house that existed before this pack came out generates no dust and always sparkles, no option to check dust level.

Uploaded house to gallery and did a new save, SAYS it's clean, but visually the floors look horrendous now.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png