Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Dish Do You Usually Cook and Serve Your Sims?

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I use a mod what makes fresh ingredients mandatory, so , pretty much what I can make them to cook, depends on their gardens :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I feel like I serve fish tacos and fried fish a lot, but mostly in my families who always have fresh fish in the fridge.

When there are kids in the house I tend to make a lot of grilled cheese and mac and cheese and spaghetti.

I've also assigned favorite dishes to most of my sims and so I try to have them make the favorites of their household members more often than other things. It makes my different houses in my rotation more unique.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Depends on the family...if there's a tot in the house they will fix finger food, grilled cheese, fish tacos with a pb&j thrown in. Otherwise my sims will cook a variety without too much on any one dish. Vegetarians will have a variety of choices like all the tofu dishes and veggie dishes and with the adding of ramen with seaweed, egg and veggie oriental dishes everyone is covered. I don't plan on making junk food junkies, if I can possibly help it, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2021
    Breakfast: Pancakes or eggs and toast lol
    Lunch: BLT’s or Fish Tacos
    Dinner: Spaghetti or tilapia
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Usually, something different. I get bored of the same food pretty easily, so if I remember when I made something I try to make something else. Variety is the spice of life, even in the Sims.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2021
    Lol, my go to’s are usually bacon and eggs for breakfast and then for dinner fish taco’s, and salad because I remember they have less calories, I can’t remember what other things are as low in calories. Anyone have a link to updated calories in sims food to share that I can check out? I do throw in various other things now and then, like spaghetti and garlic noodles maybe stew or franks and beans, yogurt, fruit salad, and spinach frittata ( I think that’s what it’s called). Also, my sims will also make some of the new foods they have learned to make from eating those foods at food booths. I play a rotation of sims, so it varies some. And of course it depends on their level of cooking. For the Grand meal it’s usually Turkey. I love Turkey!

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Tuna Casserole, without using Tuna, absurd!

Agreed, I keep wondering when they are going to fix this!

I like to use fresh ingredients as much as possible, but I don't think all my favourite dishes use these. My favourite meals to make are spaghetti, meatballs, adobo, nigiri and since I got Snowy Escape, onigiri and the hotpot dishes.

Tuna was added with City Living, so they'll probably never gonna fix it because otherwise that dish might no longer work correctly for those players that do not own that pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    For beginner cooking sims fish tacos or BLT. If they know nigiri then that as an extra. All 3 are good for building up the cooking skills and 2 of them don’t even require a cooker. For all other sims pasta primerva, curry and bhel puri. For breakfast it’s usually fruit salad.
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Pan Fried Tilapia 🎣
  • Options
    theepicsimmer2theepicsimmer2 Posts: 4 New Member
    i always feed them grilled cheese like i eat in real life
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I give them several dishes but I always give them garlic noodles.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Whatever I feel like clicking at the moment. That or leftovers.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Well, when they're not interrupting their cooking to grab green peas or applesauce (a well-known bug I think), I usually make them vegetable dumplings, fish tacos or spaghetti.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I'm lazy, so I'll have my Sim cook hamburgers or hot dogs on the grill, and put whatever they don't eat in the fridge for the next time they get hungry
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I try to cook different dishes, but I know my sims prepare garden salad and fruit salad a lot :D It's good to eat salad...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Mine get a lot of the "grand meals" as I'm not all that interested in feeding them otherwise. They always have to lay the table beforehand so they all sit down together. The occasional cereal helps on occasion.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Tuna Casserole, without using Tuna, absurd!
    Agreed, I keep wondering when they are going to fix this!
    I like to use fresh ingredients as much as possible, but I don't think all my favourite dishes use these. My favourite meals to make are spaghetti, meatballs, adobo, nigiri and since I got Snowy Escape, onigiri and the hotpot dishes.
    Tuna was added with City Living, so they'll probably never gonna fix it because otherwise that dish might no longer work correctly for those players that do not own that pack.
    :open_mouth:Then the bug already starts for simmers who have SE Ep without IL Ep, because all new Tuna dish feature in SE require ingredient specifically from IL.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Pho; love it in real life, and great for building the chopstick and spice-tolerance skills.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Usually taco casserole; it's quick and my Sims usually make the 8-serving option, so it lasts a while.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I’m going get slack for this but I love the Batuu recipes and the “Out of this world food” moodlet. I’m a habitual fan of sim geeks so..
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I honestly don't pay attention. I think grilled cheese sandwiches come up a lot. :D
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I try to be varied with lunch/dinner but for breakfast I tend towards fruit salad or parfait.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    As many different foods as I can. I love to eat irl and love to watch my sims eat.

My favorite sims have favorite dishes, but I keep it brought ("seafood", dairy products", "junk food", healthy foods", "things with bananas"), so that I can easily remember.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    The sims I play with now primarily eat mac and cheese and honey cake from the honey they get from their beehive. Not very health conscience lol