Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

skins loading in CAS but not in-game? any ideas?

i've deleted the cache files etc etc.

in-game the skins are really blurry and not loading right. but in CAS they look fine.
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    nm fixed it. its because i imported my sim from an old game but i forgot i used custom ND skin for her it was still trying to load.

changed skin tone in CAS and new default skin shows up in-game now. figured it out after i saw the default skin was working fine for all inactives lol
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @McTosh - Mine had proper bottom skins - (I pulled my entire folder out to rebuild the game - it was doing something screwy), but the face was dark as pitch tar. Usually happens when you use ND skins as you found out. Sort of does take you aback for a bit.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    @McTosh - Mine had proper bottom skins - (I pulled my entire folder out to rebuild the game - it was doing something screwy), but the face was dark as pitch tar. Usually happens when you use ND skins as you found out. Sort of does take you aback for a bit.

yeah, i havent played in a while because my old game lagged out. but i've got a ryzen 9 now so back playing hopefully lag free from now on 😁 huge improvement. but i always save my sims and stuff to a backup folder, when i reinstalled sims i forgot i used ND skin for my exported sims.

what's weird is they loaded fine their faces and everything seemed fine, just when they got undressed they.. did not look good. my poor sim looked like she'd been the victim of an acid attack. no more visiting london for my sim 😂😂😂

too lazy to do ND skins atm so just installed a default navestea one for now which is pretty nice so i'm happy, i'll make more unique sims later in game.