Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triggering a Vampire Break In - Success!

CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
It would be nice if a break in happened for a current story. I've tried increasing my chances by having a solo sim with no pet, making sure she is in bed between 10pm-3am, she has investigated vampire secrets so much she is now level 15 in it. She knows some vampires and uses all the vampire chat options with every one she meets. It's been an in game year now and nothing. Is there anything else I can do to increase the chances?

I do have a mod that could trigger one but that kind of spoils the fun for me.
Post edited by CelSims on

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I wish I had the answer to this. I've also been trying to get Vampires to break in and... nothing.

Gawd, I miss the good 'ol days of being surprised with a creeping 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my bedroom.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    The closest I get is starting a new save, when Vlad will make the call then turn up to stand outside an unlocked door for a bit before leaving. Saves chock full of npc and my own vampires, nothing. There must be at least 20 of my own vampires in this save who I know have the ability to gain access etc. Don't they ever get hungry D:
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I often get break in's. Usually my sim has to be sleeping before 8PM majority of the time and a break-in always happens. :unamused:
    At least I don't see them breaking in community lots creeping around oddly enough.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I often get break in's. Usually my sim has to be sleeping before 8PM majority of the time and a break-in always happens. :unamused:
    At least I don't see them breaking in community lots creeping around oddly enough.

Thank you, I'll try sending her to bed earlier. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I’ve never had a break in. Vampires frequently stop by at night, wait around outside the unlocked door then leave. If I actually invite them in they just make friendly chit chat and tidy up a bit before leaving. None of my sims have ever been fed on without me controlling the vamp and forcing it to happen, I’ve also never had a sim witness a vampire feeding in public. They’re basically useless in all of my saves except for the once’s where I play vampires and make them misbehave. It’s super disappointing.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Outside of getting MCCC Mod and scheduling a Vampire break-in for that night, I'm not sure what else to tell you. I am beyond peeved that the break-in function was dialled down to an extremely low, almost non-existent chance, especially when it was already extremely low when the pack was first released.

The people who still complain about "extremely frequent" break-ins are either lying or are over exaggerating and mistaking a "break-in" for when vampire NPC's turn up at their sim's door-step of a night time for a random visit, which isn't technically a break-in, it's a neighbourhood interaction. There are a difference people! JFC, this topic still gets my goat.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    amp107 wrote: »
    I’ve never had a break in. Vampires frequently stop by at night, wait around outside the unlocked door then leave. If I actually invite them in they just make friendly chit chat and tidy up a bit before leaving. None of my sims have ever been fed on without me controlling the vamp and forcing it to happen, I’ve also never had a sim witness a vampire feeding in public. They’re basically useless in all of my saves except for the once’s where I play vampires and make them misbehave. It’s super disappointing.

One thing that helps with having Vampire activity in the world is to make clubs (if you have Get Together) and set their activities to drinking plasma and choose what type of hangout they will appear in, like night clubs or bars. If you make a few different Vampire clubs you can set more locations and you'll start seeing debauchery everywhere and won't be controlling their feeding. I had one of my played Sims get bitten this way at a night club and I found the chaos very enjoyable.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

One thing that helps with having Vampire activity in the world is to make clubs (if you have Get Together) and set their activities to drinking plasma and choose what type of hangout they will appear in, like night clubs or bars. If you make a few different Vampire clubs you can set more locations and you'll start seeing debauchery everywhere and won't be controlling their feeding. I had one of my played Sims get bitten this way at a night club and I found the chaos very enjoyable.

Now this is a good idea, I might just do this in my next save. :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Whether you ll get a break in or not depends on whether a vampire in your game has the power to unlock doors which is a bit random. If you have a specific vampire that you want to break in make you sure you unlock the perk first. Also make sure your sim is sleeping at night because every time a vampire breaks in my sim is sleeping. That being said I dont experience vampire break ins as often as I would like either.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Living in a San Myshuno apartment seems to help (plus sleeping during the night hours) - one of my sims had 4 different vamps break in several times each over her young adult lifespan. Another sim was attacked by Caleb over and over again. When I live elsewhere it rarely if ever happens. I do add some powerful vampires to my game to help with breakins if I want them to happen.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Will the vampire trait "walk through locked doors" have any impact on this? I avoid that trait/quality for my vamps, because I don't want them to break in, but if I wanted them to get into my house I would give several vamps the quality of ignoring locked doors.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks every one for the suggestions. As I had mentioned, I DO have vampires in the save with the ability to open doors, probably over 20 of them. @Becka28 I forgot to say I have her living in Jasmine Apartments, as I saw some one say ages ago it seemed to happen more in apartments.

@LiELF I need to stop being lazy and make those clubs. DO they gather automatically when Im not controlling them?
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Thanks every one for the suggestions. As I had mentioned, I DO have vampires in the save with the ability to open doors, probably over 20 of them. @Becka28 I forgot to say I have her living in Jasmine Apartments, as I saw some one say ages ago it seemed to happen more in apartments.

@LiELF I need to stop being lazy and make those clubs. DO they gather automatically when Im not controlling them?

@CelSims They did for me. This was fairly recently, too. I had my Dracula and three Brides form a club and set them to gather at night clubs and drink plasma. I went on to play other households and it was probably a couple of (real life) weeks later, I brought a Sim out club hopping (I believe it was a Spellcaster) and suddenly the Vampire club showed up, changing in and out of bat form to get around, and started feeding on club goers, dropping some of them to the floor, passed out. I was actually surprised, I had forgotten I had set them up to do that. I took my Sim away from them but Dracula appeared out of nowhere and bit him anyway, lol. I was actually trying to avoid it but still pleased that it happened.

I don't think they'll show up at every marked venue, it's more of a chance. I have several themed night clubs and bars in my game, and they appeared at the Alien club. But you can also set groups to meet at a specific location, so if you had a few venues in mind you could make a few small Vampire clubs and set them to each meet at one of those places.

So basically, my Spellcaster went to an Alien night club and got bit by a Vampire. For me, that's a good game session. 😁
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @LiELF Sounds great, I'll go add a venue type to my vamp clubs. I think at the moment they all converge at home lol. I have a nice vampire style clue I downloaded a while back.
  • Options

Success!

ijdWHvV.png

He came into the apartment and hypnotized her, then they both went outside for the feeding. It triggered at around 11pm. My sim had spent the day spamming vampire socials with her son, (I got bored so she had a baby). Now I'm set up for her son to become a vampire hunter \o/
    Which come to think of it is awkward as his grandma is one heh.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Oh wow I didn't know you can do this!!! Thanks!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Success!

ijdWHvV.png

He came into the apartment and hypnotized her, then they both went outside for the feeding. It triggered at around 11pm. My sim had spent the day spamming vampire socials with her son, (I got bored so she had a baby). Now I'm set up for her son to become a vampire hunter \o/
    Which come to think of it is awkward as his grandma is one heh.

Nice! Glad to see your Vampires getting the food they deserve. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    One sure fire way to increase break-ins:
    1. Make sure you unlock the doors to yoyr house at night
    2. Add Vampire Hangout Lot trait (or something like) to your sim's home lot. That should also increase the chance of breakins without mods
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've never had a vampire break in since I've had the pack, really don't get the people who act like it's a regular occurrence. I think possibly they're more common in certain worlds?
  • Options
    In 4500 hours of play since I got Vampires, this is my third break in. And that's with playing with vampires in every save and having most of my households learn vampire lore and socialize with them.

2 of those break ins have been in apartments which I don't play in much.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've only had a couple of vampire break ins in the entire time I've been playing.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Only 2 times at regular houses, many times at apartments.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I have had none :cry::cry:

I'll have to start doing the tricks mentioned in this thread :cookie:
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

I did this a while back while also having a mod installed that made "drain life spirit" deadly. The club was set to only meet at the designated vampire nightclub so I'd forgotten about it until I took a sim there one night...carnage. It was glorious. :D One of the victims turned out to be an alien which I didn't know until they left behind the alien urn, so I set it up behind the bar as a memento of the occasion.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    The realism/dollhouse players bought the pack clearly titled Vampires wanting only furniture and clothing and then carried on in the forums about the vampire interactions in pack again titled Vampires until everything that makes the vampires special was basically wiped out. So now what we have is basically a $20.00 stuff pack featuring Victorian Gothic furniture and clothing, and some skin details to make sims look like vampires even though they don’t actually behave like them anymore.

I have entirely stopped playing with pack because frankly it just isn’t very much fun anymore. I feel like I should get a partial refund on the price too. Since I paid for key features in particular and now they have been removed without my consent after I paid for them.