Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are lifestyles bugged?

DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
Question in the title.

So, After a week worth of vacation, My sim got the 'frequent traveler' lifestyle which I didn't feel would fit my playstyle. I removed it via phone, BUT it still is marked as active regardless, and the poor fellow still feels the negative effects (a whopping +5 bored), despite not having it as one of the three lifestyles.

So has anybody removed a lifestyle and still has it as marked as 'active'?

I hope it's not a common bug, considering how incredibly penalizing it is to go against one's lifestyle.

Happy simming y'all!

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I hope not, that sounds like the Get Famous quirks that could get stuck on your sims.

Only way I was able to remove those was to add the quirks back through cheats and then remove them again with either the methods in the game or by using cheats.

The EP has just released so I don't think there are any official cheats out yet.
  • Options
    Oh yes those perks were bugged. Some sims even had a perk's effect despite not having it, like Octavia Moon-Noticeable.

At this point, my sim has 4 lifestyles at once, as people person joined the other three already displayed.
  • Options
    Carl has posted cheats for Snowy Escape, apparently you can use the traits.equip_trait and traits.remove_trait cheats for lifestyles.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/snowyescape/cheats.php

Try those and see if it works.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Done already, and no luck so far. Next I'm trying to let them disappear by neglecting them and see if it works. But regardless, they have some work to do to fine-tune these.

Like, an impeccable Monte Christo sandwich is considered 'junk food' by health food nuts. Really...
    Changing careers makes workaholics tense for two days because they think they don't have a job.
  • Options
    Did you try adding them first and then removing them? I recall I had to do that with the Get Famous quirks.
  • Options
    Yes I did, and even used two different legit ways to get rid of them, aka the potion and the phone, to no avail. Considering I still don't know if it's a general issue, or personal (related to mods), I'm going to test the last resort I can see, it being to neglect them.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sounds like they could actually be bugged then, with no way where we can remove them, that's not good.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Ok so after testing, neglecting enough a lifestyle makes it inactive, which is the only way I found to get rid of them.

[Edit] And now I have 5 at once, plus one invisible in the panel.
    Also, traveling to another lot seems to fix the wrong moodlets issue, but reloading a save pops them back up.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • Options
    BubbleschmoopBubbleschmoop Posts: 1 New Member
    This has been happening to me as well. I've tried removing the extra ones through potion, phone and cheats. The only mod I use atm is MCCC, which is updated to fit the update and snowy escape. It's a pain. A real pain. But it seems we can neglect them for a while and they might go away, at least I got a warning that one of mine is fading. As is I'm using MCCC to remove the buffs related to the lifestyles I've tried to remove, it's a workable work-around until they fix this bug.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims all got the frequent traveler lifestyle after just one vacation and I don't think that one vacation should quality as frequent travel. The lifestyle coaching also didn't work for me. I sent my sim off and she disappeared into a rabbit hole but still has all the same lifestyles.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes they're extremely bugged. I've had them off since I bought the EP. When my sim reads a skill book she gets a +10 fine moodlet, which overrides the + 4 focus moodlet in which I spend an hour in game getting. Plus since it's been turned off in my game I can't remove it. (Because there's no trait to remove it)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sim who I had just spent time getting romantically involved with another sim some how got the single and loving it lifestyle. Like how can she get that lifestyle after I had just got her romantically involved? She was clearly not single and loving it. The lifestyles definitely don’t seem to be working right to me and I’m considering turning them off for now.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Ok it seems more general than I thought.

Well I restarted a fresh save and still got more than the three promised lifestyles. I'm at 6 atm, and avoided the dreaded frequent traveler and its +5 bored, as well as junk-food afficionado, or whatever it's called, which are the two most punitive I've found

@Sharonia I think your sim will gradually forget the single and loving it, and lean towards hungry for love overtime. However, it seems like, as lifestyles are poorly coded, this might push your sim to autonomously cheat, since they will 'prefer romantic behaviour'.

Again, the only way I found to get rid of lifestyles is to let them die, simply.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    They've generally been working as on the tin for me, but I haven't used any cheats. So, really, the question is whether the cheats are bugged (which is a valid problem). It reminds me of the Parenthood phases, most of which I like. I really hate the 'loud and obnoxious' phase, however, and it's annoying that the cheats don't work to remove it, and there is nothing in-game that will shorten it.

My Sim did lose a lifestyle (the adrenaline junkie, or whatever it's called) through neglect, and the moodlets disappeared. And it took a while to get the 'single and loving it' lifestyle, even though my Sim definitely wasn't doing anything to change her single status. Check to see if a lifestyle is really 'active' or simply 'in progress'. You can have multiple lifestyles 'in progress', while only three are 'active'.

The adrenaline junkie was a bit of a pain, but realistic considering that I was forcing her to knit and read instead of, you know, climbing stuff. My favourite so far is the healthy eating lifestyle - I won't say why, as I think that's a hidden one and I don't want to spoil it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    They've generally been working as on the tin for me, but I haven't used any cheats. So, really, the question is whether the cheats are bugged (which is a valid problem). It reminds me of the Parenthood phases, most of which I like. I really hate the 'loud and obnoxious' phase, however, and it's annoying that the cheats don't work to remove it, and there is nothing in-game that will shorten it.

My Sim did lose a lifestyle (the adrenaline junkie, or whatever it's called) through neglect, and the moodlets disappeared. And it took a while to get the 'single and loving it' lifestyle, even though my Sim definitely wasn't doing anything to change her single status. Check to see if a lifestyle is really 'active' or simply 'in progress'. You can have multiple lifestyles 'in progress', while only three are 'active'.

The adrenaline junkie was a bit of a pain, but realistic considering that I was forcing her to knit and read instead of, you know, climbing stuff. My favourite so far is the healthy eating lifestyle - I won't say why, as I think that's a hidden one and I don't want to spoil it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    There is definitely some issues with them. I was watching deligracy lp and she has five active lifestyles on her sim when three should be the max (like some of y’all have mentioned). Just make sure if you have any issues you create a bug report so it’s known. Even if some are by design it’s better to create a report and find that out.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I just had a Sim gain a fourth lifestyle, so I did a little search on AHQ, there's already a bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SE-More-than-three-active-lifestyles/m-p/9737798/highlight/false#M162019
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2020
    I see that @MDianaSims found a bug report on it -- go and hit the Me Too button so they'll know how widespread it is.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)