Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those of you who have played the Goths...

Did you follow the Sims 2 storyline of Bella going missing? If so, how? I’m a huge Sims 2 fan and I’m planning to recreate Bella’s disappearance but with a Sims 4 twist.

My plan is that, since she’s a secret agent, she’ll be assigned a mission to go to Strangerville and solve the local mystery. I’ll probably do this around the time that Cassandra becomes a young adult and have her return home once Bella becomes an elder so she can grow old with Mortimer. (They’re both adults in my game.)

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    edited November 2020
    I played a them a little when I got the game, now they're long gone. I had my own plans for them, which mainly involved Cassandra finding a man and giving birth to a daughter. I also played Mortimer as a ghost for a while when game moved him into one of the empty houses. They were mostly just background characters for me until a grandson of Cassandra got married to a sim I had created and they became one of the main families in my rotation. He is now an elderly celebrity author. Sorry this is not what you asked really, just got lost on the memory lane. I like your plan!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,051 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just sort of decided that in ts4 real bella is still missing and the sim called Bella Goth is in fact fake clone of hers planted by aliens

reason i came to this conclusion is that in ts4 bella goth doesn't behave like bella goth in ts1 and 2 and also I feel her genetics are off and she doesn't look quite right

and if i just decide shes fake that automatically solves all my petty annoyances and possible plot holes yet to discover
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    When Strangerville came out, I made whole letsplay about Bella losing memory, finding herself in Strangervile, joining the military and eventually defeating mother plant. And every other day I would play as Goth, they would go to EVERY community lot searching for Bella until finally Cassandra met her. Then Mortimer won Bella over again and married her again. It was pretty dope letsplay.

And almost no one here can watch it because it's all in Russian.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I didn’t intentionally, but she was immediately abducted in my game, so I guess the game decided to follow the original storyline, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The first thing I did with the Goths was give Bella a makeover. The tiny party dress worn everyday was not really a look I liked for her. I did keep her in an iconic red dress though. Just a more classy casual red dress instead. I kept her as a secret agent and also at home with her family. Mortimer was the one that got abducted by aliens when I played with them. That was fun to watch. He didn't come back with an alien baby on board though.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I tend to always turn Bella into a vampire. That's about it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    lol I don't touch them kinda think of them collector item haha they're my fave family I don't dare touch. lately itching fix Cassandra outfits and hair pigtails need to go but she wore in ts2 so I won't xD
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    I don't make Bella go missing, but I combine her career as a spy with Strangerville to make her often leave Willow Creek/Pleasantview for a while while she's doing that challenge. What I'd like to be able to do is somehow reconcile TS2 aliens, TS4 aliens, and The Mother Plant -- to create some narrative that makes them make sense, and weave Bella into THAT story.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The TS2 Goth story was interesting, but I never bothered to pay it too much mind in any iteration as far as my own gameplay went. At the time, I did wonder if I could actually find her.

Most recently, her and Mortimer are having illegitimate, secret children in my saves.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I never really liked Pleasantview in TS2, they killed off or got rid of nearly everyone from TS1, and made their children characters in a trashy soap opera, pretty much only the Burbs have a unmiserable, drama free life. Sure, the whole Bella Goth mystery made it interesting, but there was pretty much no in game way to actually formally resolve it, and ultimately, they just done away with their most popular character.

I ended up just creating a new neighbourhood, with the characters recreated and expanded.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Are you kidding? Bella is a Secret Agent and always moves out for extended periods of time. Right now she's over in Strangerville on a secret mission leaving poor Mortimer alone at the house with no one but the Butler to keep him company! Don't you feel sorry for him?

YQbaAZH.png
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Well, I did not recreate the original plot on Sims 4 because, while it was amazing for The Sims 2 and I love every little bit of detail they'd put on Sims 2 "lore" (memories, family trees etc.), it is kinda of creep how Bella turns out to be the only one that suffers several consequences (she's abducted, cloned and die iil at Lunar Lakes? c'mon).

I'm happy giving her and Mort a nice life with nice kids and some eventual neighborhood drama (Sims love to throw drinks on my game :smile: )
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,155 Member
    Unfortunately, I never heard about the Sims game until Sims 3 back in 2011. Bella was a child in Sims 3. In Sims 4, she was already an adult with a family of her own.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2020
    I use the newer packs to make Bella look more classy and rich, heck I’d age her up if she didn’t get those wrinkles on her face, I also fix her body because EA was thinking Kim Kardashian when it came to her body which isn’t how I picture Bella looking.

I also use used templates to give Bella a face in Sim Pe Surgery, that won’t turn her into an unrecognizable elder... She should still look like Bella...

(I honestly don’t even care about Bella Goth that much but what EA and Maxis do to her face when she ages in both Sims 2 and Sims 4 is criminal.)

Sims 4 Bella being a fake Bella Goth sounds interesting though.

(Sims 4 also made me hate Mortimer Goth... Quit showing up in every hood!)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don’t have any previous history with the series prior to TS4 (thank goodness because her “official” backstory sounds ridiculous) so my headcanon is that Bella is having multiple affairs behind Mort’s back, he knows it, and has been busy plotting her murder.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    I don’t have any previous history with the series prior to TS4 (thank goodness because her “official” backstory sounds ridiculous) so my headcanon is that Bella is having multiple affairs behind Mort’s back, he knows it, and has been busy plotting her murder.

ooh spicy
    so the aliens are actually just a cover story :o... im onto you morty *adjust binoculars*
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

ooh spicy
    so the aliens are actually just a cover story :o... im onto you morty *adjust binoculars*

I think Mort has been using the plot lines of his books to test for the most effective way to kill her.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sorta. I actually had Cassandra go missing instead, and it wasn't aliens, it was her crazy ex-boyfriend (cough cough Malcolm Landgraab cough cough).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

I’ve heard people do this, but I think it’s out of character for both of them because in Sims 3 they’re childhood friends.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »

I’ve heard people do this, but I think it’s out of character for both of them because in Sims 3 they’re childhood friends.

i actually think its ts3 where it went out of character for both of them so i pretend that part of the story does not exist

ts2 and 1 i somehow manage to connect though they made bella in ts2 way more "hot and trendy" when in ts1 shes more of a classy lady
    and morty in ts1 is actually kinda hot but in ts2 not :lol: like he sort of goes from " perfect husband to perfect wife" to "cheating husband to abducted wife" in ts2
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Like I said, I have no history with TS3 so their established backstories are of no consequence to me. And the game makes no great effort to feature the premades’ stories or characterize these sims in any particular way, so I feel entitled to come up with my own.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I created a Sims 2 save file with the premades from Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown. I even recreated the homes. I had to "Kill" Bella to gain a tombstone for her at the Goth mansion. I revived her and planted her in Strangerville along with a clone version of Bella, who is a disguised Alien. I marked their household as unplayed. Mortimer is dating Dina Calinete and Cassandra is engaged to Don Lothario.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,555 Member
    I played it that she was abducted by aliens (she was one of the first to discover aliens walk amongst human sims), Mortimer tries to hush it up and her brother, Mike Bachelor, is a character in Strangerville investigating aliens for the military.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I use the newer packs to make Bella look more classy and rich, heck I’d age her up if she didn’t get those wrinkles on her face, I also fix her body because EA was thinking Kim Kardashian when it came to her body which isn’t how I picture Bella looking.

The amount of women walking around in TS4 with those...uh, proportions, is hilarious. Bella & Nancy Landgraab should just tip over. :D

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I tend to leave them be, they're pretty boring imho and I never got that attached to her when I played TS2 (I was like 9 so I didn't really care for the game's stories outside of my own...aha.) That being said, I do give them a pet in every new save, because I think the family just looks so cute with a black miniature poodle or a black cat wearing a red bow-tie.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults