The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,611 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Can't wait to see if my sims already have some of those sentiments and lifestyles. Also very excited that I can revamp all my games to set up vacation homes in all the worlds. Already started planning. Will move two families to Snowy Peaks. One had a Japanese dad and the other because they love having the experiences of different cultures and enjoy the food choices.

I'm also moving two there too! I have a Japanese couple who are having a baby, so they are now going to live in that world. Then I have a teen who lives in my orphanage - I never knew what to do with her (she was Italian), so I decided to change her to Japanese and she is going to leave the orphanage as soon as she ages up and go in search of her original roots.

I'm just startingto build a vacation home on that little island in Sulani (at Key Point) - the perfect place for a secluded honeymoon!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member

My Supervillains are so evil, they track dirt into people's homes! Haha! Muaaahahahaaaa!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member
    I suddenly got a ton of ideas and I preordered the darn thing...🙄
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until December 10th. :(
    So that leaves Snowy Escape as the interesting thing to do during my vacation week after Thanksgiving.

I had better get to building my new computer and reinstalling The Sims 4 to see how my old saves work without
    Eco Lifestyle. There is no way I am putting that pack back with half the NAPs that I don't like.

-Vacation in any world/ rental lots
    -Platform/Stages and Build/Buy
    -Winter Sports
    -Japanese setting and culture
    -Lifestyles and Sentiments
    -No NAPS and no recycler trait

Should make a return to TS4 more enjoyable.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
    Just now getting a chance to watch the livestream. The world is simply beautiful. Really looking forward to painting some landscapes to display in my Sim's home.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just now getting a chance to watch the livestream. The world is simply beautiful. Really looking forward to painting some landscapes to display in my Sim's home.

I'm planning to use my current teen couple that's living in a San Myshuno apartment. Philip Kelsey is a wanna-be athlete going for the Bodybuilder aspiration; once he's done with that he can go for the new athletic aspiration and get the Adventurous trait. His girlfriend Kyoko Nagareda is an artist going for the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration; I'm really looking forward to her Paint By Reference works there. She's going to get the Proper trait when she ages up. They're supporting themselves currently with her painting and his going out on odd jobs especially on the weekends.

Haven't decided if I'll have them live in the new world or if they'll just journey there from wherever they settle after they marry.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
    I really would have preferred to wait another week for the gameplay trailer and livestream. We still have two weeks until release. At least we'll get the patch on the 10th.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2020
    I wish we were getting the patch this week, to give builders more of a chance to play around with platforms. I've got some venues to retrofit and give them actual stages for the performers. :)

I wonder if there'll be a second gameplay trailer focusing more on Sentiments and Lifestyles.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 894 Member
    I usually leave autonomy off when playing my game, after watching that video about lifestyles and sentiments I think I am going to start leaving it on once the expansion drops. Otherwise I might miss some of the reactions the Sims have on their own. This is really going to change the way I play. I am to excited.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Don't think I've played much of the Sims since June, partly because it got a bit busy for me, and partly because I shied away from the more recent packs (Eco Living and Star Wars). I've just started looking into Snowy Escape, and I'm actually pretty excited about this. Just the build items alone, I can see myself spending a lot of time in build mode. I also love the cultural aspects included in this game. I had the privilege to visit Japan just a few months before the pandemic hit, and it was such an incredible experience. I can't wait for this to come to the Sims 4!

Wish there was an area in this world that resembled Ninen-zaka / Sannen-zaka Kyoto, but oh well, it's still a pretty world.
  • Options
    @CK213 why don't you install Eco and just tick the box in settings to disable nap voting? That's what I do, I don't use the naps at all.

It seems a shame to go without all the build buy stuff when you can easily disable them.

That mini spin in the gif for taking their shoes off looks kinda bizarre to me, I don't know why, it just doesn't look right. I was expecting them to make the usual change outfit turn, I think I would have preferred that.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited November 2020
    @CK213 why don't you install Eco and just tick the box in settings to disable nap voting? That's what I do, I don't use the naps at all.

It seems a shame to go without all the build buy stuff when you can easily disable them.

That mini spin in the gif for taking their shoes off looks kinda bizarre to me, I don't know why, it just doesn't look right. I was expecting them to make the usual change outfit turn, I think I would have preferred that.

@elanorbreton ... I was wondering the same thing in regards to what @CK213 posted .... I disabled the NAP voting as well.

The whole mini spin with the shoes is so the Sims 4 though. 🤣

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member

I did that, but still had something sneak through.
    My sims were getting a ridiculous amount of future cubes in their inventories and amassing ridiculous amount of money getting rid of them.
    I can live without the pack and having to work around game play. Also, less game mechanics my game will have to process.

I found some shipping container wallpapers, so I can still have container based homes.
    The only thing I will miss are community spaces.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Uch yes, me too! Sims that go on annual skiing vacation together (celebrating Christmas in the mountains!), my Japanese-traditional-zen mountain witch with her cat Nero, creating rentals in Sulani (FINALLY), a lovely Japanese family, an extreme sports sims who's grown up in the mountains and loves to go rock climbing, ... I just love the setting so much.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy oh! Christmas in the mountains! Maybe that's where Father Winter lives...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    @SimTrippy oh! Christmas in the mountains! Maybe that's where Father Winter lives...

Haha who knows! And yes, I just love the idea of sims cozying up in their rental for the holidays, skiing during the day, onsen and restaurants in the evening.

ETA: I actually wonder if we'll be able to combine it well with Spa Day items - it'd be cool if the teacher yoga mat worked in the onsen, just like it does in the gym!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @CK213

I have barley scratched the surface with Eco living as it wrecked my game initially and just turning it off in game did not stop all the mayhem for me either so eventually I downloaded some eco living mods from simvasion and magnetic south and now i can play with community space lots which I love. I have never played with even one NAP yet i am too afraid to try lol

Simvasion mods scroll down for eco living and that terrible cube-)

https://simvasion.com/category/mod/

Magneticsouth eco living mods (not been updated to last patch but working fine in my game at the moment)

https://www.patreon.com/magneticsouth

• Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    coogee78 wrote: »
    I’m super excited for the pre-patch:
    • Platforms
    • Halfwalls +
    • Sentiments
    • Updated simology panels.

@GracieO312 I do agree. I hope climbing the mountain alone is an option and not tied to a social event only.

While I'm not a great builder, platforms and more halfwalls will still be very useful.

After the stream I'm in two minds about sentiments. It is great that it gives sims a level of empathy, like the wife had when they were on the bunny slope, but I was hoping that it would affect more than moodlets. Moodlets as they are just don't make sims behave differently from each other.

Having had a closer look at the world, I have decided that will base my main family of sims there. Being able to add rental properties to other residential worlds will mean that I will get more use out of more of them than I do now. I like the idea of my sims renting in Strangerville while undertaking the investigation or holidaying in a world like Windenberg, which I really like, but hardly ever use.

There was the situation in the hot springs where the one Sim had a negative reaction to the other Sim he had a grudge against. Maybe if he interacted with that other Sim there would be more negative interactions available.

I have two sims that despise each other and are sworn enemies. They get a +3 angry and +1 Tense buff and I find that even if angry is the dominant emotion for both they don't actually pick mean interactions autonomously very often. I've found that I actively have to keep the mean interactions queued or their relationship heads back to neutral. What we saw was a weak grudge, so if a stronger one produced a stronger moodlet it might make a bit of a difference when stacked with the other negative buffs.

But even then there is a problem. I'm not sure of how the emotion system influences sims pick socials, but the massive imbalance between friendly and every other category may play a role. I have most of the major dlc for the game and the sims I mentioned have 70 Friendly, 9 funny, 12 mischief, 8 romantic and 13 mean social to choose from. The weighting for an angry moodlet would have to be really heavy to overcome the number of friendly options that they could choose. Maybe if skill building socials were their own category and not build friendship it would help a bit, as there are a lot of them in the friendly socials.
  • Options

Same here.
  • Options
    One thing that I do like about sentiments and lifestyles is that for your active sim(s) you do have something else to work toward and maintain, even if it looks like sentiments are not going to have as much impact on unplayed sim behaviour as I was hoping for (have not seen enough of lifestyles yet to come to any conclusions).
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I did that, but still had something sneak through.
    My sims were getting a ridiculous amount of future cubes in their inventories and amassing ridiculous amount of money getting rid of them.
    I can live without the pack and having to work around game play. Also, less game mechanics my game will have to process.

If you are willing to use mods, there is a mod on mod the sims by Basemental that fixes NAPs stuck on sims. Maxis actually fixed this for new saves, but existing saves were still affected. With this mod you can get rid of them.

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    The CAS is awful (as expected), but I Ioved everything else. Can't wait to climb the mountain. :)

The CAS looks awesome, especially the hairstyles.
    Admittedly I am in the "If my Sims don't have daughters I go into Edit Household and make them a daughter and delete the Son" school of players. Or as someone else put it:

My female Sims are PERFECT, well educated, fit, intelligent, charming, with amazing hair.
    My Male sims are the father of my Sim babies and most likely actually not members of the household even.

I'm the other way around, I rarely play with female sims, and most of the time, I make it so some of my male sims can give birth. The only female sims I play with, are generally my main sims kids.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Looking at what's coming in the update where platforms can be used as stairs, since one of the platform shapes is triangular, can we finally create triangular staircases?

I don't think so, I believe that with the platforms, there is always the foundation that goes to the ground level.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top