Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I haven't been this excited since Island Living and I have PEPS also known as Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I haven't been this excited since Island Living and I have PEPS also known as Pre Expansion Pack Syndrome.

There was a time when everybody knew what PEPS stands for. :smile:
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    crocobaura wrote: »

There was a time when everybody knew what PEPS stands for. :smile:

ahh the sims 3 days on the forums
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I love all things Japanese, I might make a Yakuza type of sim for this world, mean, hot headed and outgoing plus the dastardly trait, then move them into the traditional area.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    mcorral wrote: »
    The idea is good, but as usually happens with TS4 I'm sure the execution will be awful.

First this should have come included in Seasons. I'm really tired of EA dividing small aspects of the same idea into different packs. We used to get much more for less in the TS3.

Second. I have to wait to see the features of the pack, but I'm pretty sure that most of the activities of this pack are just playable in this world. Again, I'm tired of these world-dependent activities. I don't want to be tied to a specific world to do things. If worlds have weather, these activities should be played in all of them... but we'll see.

Third. The world seems small. I'm also tired of small worlds where you just go, do the actions of the world and leave. I couldn't live in a world with just 5 lots (for residential and commercial lots) (it seems the part at the bottom of the image is the residential area). We'll see.

Fourth. The previous expansion pack ruined my game and it worked again thanks to mods that applied some workarounds (not a fix) for all the mess of the eco-footprint. The main bugs of the previous EP HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED yet. So, I will not spend more money until the fix the game that I already paid for.

I still haven’t gotten rid the NAPs bug it keeps giving me an error when sim roughhouse so I am not sure how to get rid of it every mod I put in does nothing to stop getting errors. I am looking forward to the pack but I know I will get bored of doing the same things over.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    Definitely not buying. The game is unplayable with all the bugs and unenjoyable.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    (Ignore the rating that was 3 weeks ago)
    For me I'm very 50/50, I've always wanted a winter pack, but I feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities and ways that it could've been executed a lot better.

Not a fan of the decision to put the Asian vacation world and the winter vacation world as one thing - rather than having a complete world it just ends up being two half baked worlds. I would've much preferred if they were split into two game packs; one which was purely centered around a snowy alpine world and a winter adventure with lots to do and explore, and another with an Asian world similar to the one in world adventures. I wanted to live my winter dreams through this pack with a very alpine themed ski resort but I can't build proper alpine lodges as all the build buy is Japanese style so there's nothing to improve building in that style.

I just want more to explore, everything is very surface level. There's nothing hidden, secret or challenging. Nothing to work towards or aim for.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    but japan in real life does have some of the best snowy mountains in the world lot of people go there for winter fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MCXENOMCXENO Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m replying late, but personally I like all the new features especially the skiing and snowboarding skill. I’ve been searching for mods in order to have a career path in extreme sports (skiing and snowboarding), but the only ones available were made before Snowy Escape and use the athletic skill. It’s essentially just the Pro Athlete career with a different face. It would’ve been cooler if they implemented new careers with the pack, where you can actually put the new skills they offer into a career.