Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more invites to late night rave parties

Years ago when I used to play Sims 4 when 'get together' was new, I used to always get those late night rave party invites, it would be at the mansion or the ruins, it was great fun with a DJ that would pop up! Now with the new expansions I never get those, ever. I have no idea why, if anyone has any tips of how to encourage these invites or what I may be doing wrong I would really appreciate this. My feedback is to please bring back these invites that I used to love :)

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think it was the Eco Lifestyle patch they updated so the calls would come rarely now. If someone has all of the packs installed, they get calls non-stop (or did before that patch). I still get the odd call from time to time for them but now I have an issue that if my sim does go, there's no party. No DJ, no lights, no dance floor but the top left corner says "party" and has the timer. It's just the sim that invited mine and my sim, alone, standing there looking at their phones. :|

At least when there was non-stop calls, if my sim went there was an actual party happening.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yea people complained about too many calls and they nerfed it like occults and celebrities 😒😒😒
    I loved those invites. Now I get nothing but constant career calls and I never play careers so I'm just annoyed.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sadly it went away just likes Aliens. But soon you will have new skin tones and hair styles for some awesome gameplay.
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Thanks for all your replies, it's good to know I'm not alone with this. I didn't see people complain about this, they can just decline the invites, that's what I used to do if I didn't want to go out, or visit a sim. I really enjoyed the dance parties that Get Together gave us, it's so sad for EA to take this feature away, as that's what the pack was all about! I wish there was even a mod to bring this back.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,738 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yeah it looks like they removed those calls with the Eco Lifestyle patch, does that mean that those parties are gone? I'm not sure you can visit them without getting invited.

I thought those invites were annoying as well, but that's because you got messages and invites even if your phone was muted, so I ended up using a setting in MC Command center so I got no invites when the phone was muted, I don't understand why Maxis did not do something like that instead, then people could still get invites if they wanted to by unmuting the phone.

I wish they could allow us to customize things like this in the game without mods.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like they removed those calls with the Eco Lifestyle patch, does that mean that those parties are gone? I'm not sure you can visit them without getting invited.

I thought those invites were annoying as well, but that's because you got messages and invites even if your phone was muted, so I ended up using a setting in MC Command center so I got no invites when the phone was muted, I don't understand why Maxis did not do something like that instead, then people could still get invites if they wanted to by unmuting the phone.

I wish they could allow us to customize things like this in the game without mods.

I agree they should of just had the option to mute party invites. So sad they removed feature, I only get invites from clubs, that's it.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've gotten one or two dance party invites in the past few months. I started to think something was wrong with my game but it seems like it happens infrequently now. Instead of invites, I get those career spam and charity donation calls more than anything now.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The career opportunity phone calls are incessant. If they were rare they would be more meaningful.
    I am getting invitations from friends to meet out, and some dates, but the dates are broken. Yes we were getting too many of all these types of calls before (I think multiple daily invites are annoying) but now I don’t seem to be getting invited to the “pop-up” parties at the Chateau etc. If it’s just become a rare thing, I don’t mind because it would give me more of a reason to go in the future. It’s hard to drop everything for an impromptu party, ya know. I wonder what’s really going on because they were broken for me before, in some cases where the electronics wouldn’t work in the rain, but it wasn’t raining.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    The career opportunity phone calls are incessant. If they were rare they would be more meaningful.
    I am getting invitations from friends to meet out, and some dates, but the dates are broken. Yes we were getting too many of all these types of calls before (I think multiple daily invites are annoying) but now I don’t seem to be getting invited to the “pop-up” parties at the Chateau etc. If it’s just become a rare thing, I don’t mind because it would give me more of a reason to go in the future. It’s hard to drop everything for an impromptu party, ya know. I wonder what’s really going on because they were broken for me before, in some cases where the electronics wouldn’t work in the rain, but it wasn’t raining.

I seem to only get calls from 'clubs' I am part of, not career or charity calls. Definitely no parties, although I agree I think I would be okay if it was just once in a while, but to not get them at all looses the fun in 'get together'.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 442 Member
    Why, why can't we just have the option to turn off ALL calls/texts?