Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about the Sims 3 animations...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    dfxblockdfxblock Posts: 61 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I really like it when sims stare at each other. One thing I miss from Sims 2 was when sims would look right at the camera, as if they know that you're there, and sometimes when you give them an instruction that is against their nature, they look right at the camera and point at themselves as if to say "Who, me?"
    I wish TS3 sims did that too.

The only thing I don't like about TS3 animations is the slight pause before they do something, like walking up stairs and stuff. But that's the only "complaint" I have.

I also loved the Sims 2 look to camera it's amazing !
    BlackSand wrote: »
    They're Sims ... They ain't people.
    With Sims 3 ... Pining away about what doesn't matter, and won't be changed, is pretty much a fool's errand.

Happy Simming!

I know it can't be changed but is something to discuss about like most of others discussions even when it can't be changed. It's true the "staring at each other" seems romantic but there I feel some lacks when it comes to romantics...

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    dfxblock wrote: »
    I know it can't be changed but is something to discuss about like most of others discussions even when it can't be changed. It's true the "staring at each other" seems romantic but there I feel some lacks when it comes to romantics...

We can discuss that ... What is it you would rather they do instead of stare at each other?

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    dfxblock wrote: »

We can discuss that ... What is it you would rather they do instead of stare at each other?

Happy Simming!

If it were an expressionless stare I would probably not care for it either but I see tons of emotion in the stares of romantic couples :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    If it were an expressionless stare I would probably not care for it either but I see tons of emotion in the stares of romantic couples :)

I seldom see my Sims staring at each other.

Even when they are autonomous, when things heat up, they don't stand around doing nothing but staring at each other.
    The only thing that gripes me, is that they tend to start doing things more quickly.
    If I don't want them to stand there su'cking face, holding hands, and whatnot all day ... I have to interrupt them.

Let's just say, they are not shy, and really seem to like each other in most cases ... :D

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Oh how I miss simming! Am away from home right now - only have my tablet - so can't play.

I always found that at first the Sims in SIM 3 seemed robotic but as you spent time on them, they started to open up and do things you had not seen before. Like different interactions and expressions and even autonomous actions that surprised you. I love watching them and especially following different sims around the open world and seeing what they get up to.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I love the Sims 3 animations...at least the ones that don't get tiring - like the idles but there are mods to tune them out.

The "Eureka...I found what I was looking for" animation.
    Screenshot-4.jpg

The "Wooah...nice place..." look on their faces when they walk into a newly decorated lot.
    Screenshot-21.jpg

The "Cool...new stuff..." look when they walk out of the bathroom and see you've placed new stuff in the house.
    Screenshot-26.jpg

Well, this isn't an animation, but the cute way in which Bebe is taking a nap on the loveseat...well...it's just adorable.
    Screenshot-28.jpg

...and I'm a 50 yr old guy...and this kinda **** warms the decrepit cockles of my decaying crusty old heart.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~