Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Sports Teams In Discover University

If you have a Sim on either the soccer team or the e-sports team while they’re attending University, do they have to remain on these teams during their last term in order to receive the career boosts? Or can you have them quit in term 1 or 2 and they still will receive the career boost?

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Im sorry, I haven t played a team yet, but hope you get a helpful answer soon.
  • Options
    Im about to make one that can go, may take a few minutes to try to find out, but I have been wanting to try that part and always forget. Ill let ya know what I find out, hope it helps.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Im about to make one that can go, may take a few minutes to try to find out, but I have been wanting to try that part and always forget. Ill let ya know what I find out, hope it helps.

Cool, I appreciate it
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Cool, I appreciate it

Most welcome, is it the Athlete profession you are trying to see about, the one that has one career path as body builder and such? Just waiting for his classes to begin and I can get thru it fast with him playing the sports too, just wanna be sure I try for the right career
  • Options

Cool, I appreciate it

Most welcome, is it the Athlete profession you are trying to see about, the one that has one career path as body builder and such? Just waiting for his classes to begin and I can get thru it fast with him playing the sports too, just wanna be sure I try for the right career

Yea that one and I think there’s an e-sports branch from the Tech career.
  • Options

Cool, I appreciate it

Yea that one and I think there’s an e-sports branch from the Tech career.

Thank you so much! I had not played an active type Sim in Uni yet, sorry it hasn't helped ya yet lol.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I believe you can quit the sports team as soon as you reach level 4 but I would use Find A Job to make sure my Sim was getting the Professional Athlete career boost before quitting the team. Once your Sim qualifies, there should be an offer for Professional Athlete and it should say something about your Sim participating in university sports.

The university e-sports team gives the same kind of boost to eSports Gamer in the Tech Guru career.

The Bodybuilder branch of the Athlete career gets a boost from the Biology degree and the Start-Up Entrepreneur branch of the Tech Guru career gets a boost from the Computer Science degree.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I believe you can quit the sports team as soon as you reach level 4 but I would use Find A Job to make sure my Sim was getting the Professional Athlete career boost before quitting the team. Once your Sim qualifies, there should be an offer for Professional Athlete and it should say something about your Sim participating in university sports.

The university e-sports team gives the same kind of boost to eSports Gamer in the Tech Guru career.

The Bodybuilder branch of the Athlete career gets a boost from the Biology degree and the Start-Up Entrepreneur branch of the Tech Guru career gets a boost from the Computer Science degree.

Awesome, thanks
  • Options
    Sorry I haven t finished yet to help answer, snag with an eye has me slowed down, Biology is the one I put my tester Sim in, hopefully done soon, so sorry. But glad you got some helpful info from Sketch793
  • Options
    @Chazzy I am sorry that took me so long, (had an eye issue that made it hard to play, that I was not expecting lol) but I finally finished it, and I had my sim quit the soccer team during the middle of the second term and upon graduating, with honors and distinguished, he was still able to get a job as a professional athlete (instead of going thru the Bodybuilder career) and it was listed for having been part of the sports team. So even without a mod it did allow him to keep that. Hope that helps and I am really sorry it took me so long lol
  • Options
    @Chazzy I am sorry that took me so long, (had an eye issue that made it hard to play, that I was not expecting lol) but I finally finished it, and I had my sim quit the soccer team during the middle of the second term and upon graduating, with honors and distinguished, he was still able to get a job as a professional athlete (instead of going thru the Bodybuilder career) and it was listed for having been part of the sports team. So even without a mod it did allow him to keep that. Hope that helps and I am really sorry it took me so long lol

Thanks for checking!