Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER Competitor to The Sims 5?!?? People of the Newbery

Comments

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I feel like such a dumb fool for believing in this game. Ty @Onverser for ''exposing'' this game. :cry: Apparently My Island uses the same bought assets, Idk what is going on but this game is just getting far too complicated, I wish he made a to clear things up post.

I think even if he tries to clear things up, people will just find something wrong with it. Best to just move on.

• Options
    The problem is not the assets the problem is that he's showing nothing BUT the assets. With 0 gameplay despite having it 100% done (in his own words)
    7 months,one man, 140 animals,10 lifestates, single player and online and much more, phew that's a mouth full.
    Atleast show us the 10 lifestates and the variations between them. 😑

I'd just focus on other things. Because I have a feeling people will just find fault no matter what he does.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Someone else on Twitter tagged me saying the CAS they showed is actually from a game called "My Island" on steam and... oh look.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1004270/My_Island/

My Island:
    ss_5d6567b1907d923b75b45cdf6e0d0558301e7bd5.600x338.jpg?t=1592486550

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLP2_0aFjs
    If you go to 0:13 you can see the exact same interface and sliders.

And look what else I found: the animals!

My Island:
    ss_34e930363a3285da24408833e093403a27710ca9.600x338.jpg?t=1592486550

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8DKezwq25U

My Island:
    ss_06b172f2fd06091f1c546d2edc1bc105fcccdb34.600x338.jpg?t=1592486550

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rS6DxCiZ68&t=2s

That's literally the same sim.

Sorry to OP, but you've been scammed.

He already said he bought those assets at the Unreal store, so no surprise you'd see them again, lol!

The exact CAS system is from the other game? It's even the exact same sim. These trailers are literally screen records from that other game. Not to be rude but are you really that delusional/desperate for it to be what you want that you still think it's genuine even after everything thats come out about it? Every single thing about it is dodgy yet you still believe him because he sounds friendly in messages.

I have nothing more to add to this as you just sound wilfully ignorant, the evidence is all there, it's your decision what you do with it I suppose.

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Right now they are saying the game wil be released end of 2021 so it's changed again? i wonder what's changed that they can suddenly complete it faster again? This was 3 hours ago. I don't like to accuse people of anything and maybe just overly eager but this is getting a bit fishy. He may be in over his head.

Also random note, but I just now noticed it's "Newbery" instead of "Newberry" haha! Oops!

The did say though they wil release a new video in a couple days with game play which is apparently 100% ready? Hopefully we can see some new non-copyright/bought content

This is off topic kind of, but Donna Karan, a fashion designer I absolutely love, is notorious for changing the release dates of her fashion lines, so I'm used to this, lol!

donna-karan-rtw-ss2015-runway-221.jpgdonna-karan-rtw-ss2013-runway-20_172117578691.jpgdonna-karan-rtw-fw2013-runway-01_173414741750.jpg

Wow I like her dresses a lot!
  • Options
    After yesterday I'm more inclined to think this is a scam but I'm sticking around to see this game play video he says he's releasing tomorrow or the next day because.. Well may as well. The dates on that changed too mind you. Originally the video was going to be done yesterday or the day before and since he says game play is 100 %done the delay there again is fishy too... If the video actually gets released I'll be curious to see if anything is new in it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Someone else on Twitter tagged me saying the CAS they showed is actually from a game called "My Island" on steam and... oh look.

My Island:

Never mind People of the Newbery. What’s this ‘My Island’ about? Looks cute. o:)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

My Island:

Never mind People of the Newbery. What’s this ‘My Island’ about? Looks cute. o:)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1004270/My_Island/#:~:text=Games > My Island-,My Island,lost in the beautiful Eden.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

My Island:

It looks more like an island survival game than a life sims game from what I can see... the animals they kill to get meat to survive etc... a
    lot of first person play, the storm llooks cool but I don't think it's my personal style of game play, not a fan of that much first person.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn3WmWaKxSA

I have to wonder if any of these clips will show up in the Newbery game play video at this point haha

Also every let's play of my island looks the same, same situations in the same order type thing so it doesn't seem to be a sandbox game like sims so much? but that might be a tutorial mode like Animal Crossing has, where it's the same for everyone for the first few days and then sandbox after. I don't think I'd enjoy this one, just cuz of the killling animals violence bit hahaha! But the world looks really beautiful
  • Options
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1004270/My_Island/

My Island:

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLP2_0aFjs
    If you go to 0:13 you can see the exact same interface and sliders.

And look what else I found: the animals!

My Island:
    ss_34e930363a3285da24408833e093403a27710ca9.600x338.jpg?t=1592486550

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8DKezwq25U

My Island:
    ss_06b172f2fd06091f1c546d2edc1bc105fcccdb34.600x338.jpg?t=1592486550

People of the Newbery:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rS6DxCiZ68&t=2s

That's literally the same sim.

Sorry to OP, but you've been scammed.

He already said he bought those assets at the Unreal store, so no surprise you'd see them again, lol!

The exact CAS system is from the other game? It's even the exact same sim. These trailers are literally screen records from that other game. Not to be rude but are you really that delusional/desperate for it to be what you want that you still think it's genuine even after everything thats come out about it? Every single thing about it is dodgy yet you still believe him because he sounds friendly in messages.

I have nothing more to add to this as you just sound wilfully ignorant, the evidence is all there, it's your decision what you do with it I suppose.

Tall about ignorant! You're on a witch hunt! If they bought the same asset from the store, then they will have the same default character. Duh! It doesn't mean he was stealing anything. But he is being given a hard time simply because he bought those assets later than the dev for My Island.

But these two games are different in their scope. My Island is a survival game being stranded on a tropical island. People of the Newbery is a life simulation game centered on a town and the ability to visit other places. Moreover, you will get to create your own unique characters different from the default characters so this is not a problem for me.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Off topic deleted.
    Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Options
    Right now they are saying the game wil be released end of 2021 so it's changed again? i wonder what's changed that they can suddenly complete it faster again? This was 3 hours ago. I don't like to accuse people of anything and maybe just overly eager but this is getting a bit fishy. He may be in over his head.

Also random note, but I just now noticed it's "Newbery" instead of "Newberry" haha! Oops!

The did say though they wil release a new video in a couple days with game play which is apparently 100% ready? Hopefully we can see some new non-copyright/bought content

This is off topic kind of, but Donna Karan, a fashion designer I absolutely love, is notorious for changing the release dates of her fashion lines, so I'm used to this, lol!

donna-karan-rtw-ss2015-runway-221.jpgdonna-karan-rtw-ss2013-runway-20_172117578691.jpgdonna-karan-rtw-fw2013-runway-01_173414741750.jpg

Wow I like her dresses a lot!

Yeah, you should look at her other stuff! Here is one of her runways shows. Her fashions are SO GORGEOUS!!! PS - You might recognize one of the models!

DONNA KARAN Spring 2015 New York
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9qO4NsfZJc

I loved most of her stuff. I don't follow fashion normally though, so don't recognize any of the models haha!

These three were my favourites I think;

JsOykkg.jpg
    0xsg4Lu.jpg
    PlvBuou.jpg
  • Options

It looks more like an island survival game than a life sims game from what I can see... the animals they kill to get meat to survive etc... a
    lot of first person play, the storm llooks cool but I don't think it's my personal style of game play, not a fan of that much first person.

There’s “a lot” of first person there alright, it’s very distracting... 😂

I personally enjoy the FP play style though. It’s like a lucid dream.
    The world looks nice and I like the survival element. It’s a game I could definitely get into it, but I’d rather wait until it’s developed a bit further.
    I have to wonder if any of these clips will show up in the Newbery game play video at this point haha

Indeed. Im eagerly waiting for the next sloppy copy situation.
  • Options

The world looks nice and I like the survival element. It’s a game I could definitely get into it, but I’d rather wait until it’s developed a bit further.

The world is definitely gorgeous haha!! If it wasn't so much first person and I didn't have to violently kill animals I'd probably be interested in this one!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't like seeing everything that's come out in the last few days with the copying with no credit (at first). If nothing else it's unprofessional.
    But I'm not giving to a Patreon so not feeling ripped off in the least. I'll pay for something when it comes out finished depending on my interest and the price point (the price point is how much I'm willing to lose). I just feel like if people want it enough and have the skills and drive they can do it on their own.
    Looked into My Island and I guess if a game was done with those sorts of resources in a non-survival way it might be okay especially playing with friends. Not the sims of course.. but was never expecting that from a one man show. I've played survival games like Rising World that became a time sink in multiplayer mode so I might check out My Island although the premise of being stuck only there bothers me so I'll look for a sale maybe.. mostly because I want to use the avatar creation part. I know, sue me it looks kind of fun to me.
    Kind of wish he'd.. the Newbery guy would have just gone with the original plan of putting out the game the way he intended .. using the bought assets at first then upgrading it as time goes on. Will be interesting to keep tabs on for sure I'm still not convinced it's a scam though. Now that I've seen that My Island let's play it shows me what he might be trying to build better. Acceptable time killer? We'll see.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

The world is definitely gorgeous haha!! If it wasn't so much first person and I didn't have to violently kill animals I'd probably be interested in this one!

Ah, there’s nothing wrong with hunting down an ‘ol goat and a rabbit or two. I wouldn’t use a hammer though.

On a different note, it’s hilarious that this thread is slowly starting to change into a fashion show. 🤣
  • Options

Ah, there’s nothing wrong with hunting down an ‘ol goat and a rabbit or two. I wouldn’t use a hammer though.

On a different note, it’s hilarious that this thread is slowly starting to change into a fashion show. 🤣

Haha yeah, maybe not, but I can't do it myself, even in a game LOL!!!! In real life I can barely kill mosquitos and most the time don't with the exception of if they are after my kid haha!!!

And yep lol!!! I guess it's maybe a wee bit off topic. Thread needs to be renamed... "The Very Stylish People of Newbery" or maybe more accurate "Newbery Island and Some Fancy Dresses".
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Haha yeah, maybe not, but I can't do it myself, even in a game LOL!!!! In real life I can barely kill mosquitos and most the time don't with the exception of if they are after my kid haha!!!

And yep lol!!! I guess it's maybe a wee bit off topic. Thread needs to be renamed... "The Very Stylish People of Newbery" or maybe more accurate "Newbery Island and Some Fancy Dresses".

Sorry, I'll just take that part down then! It's just would be nice if all these life sim games have better clothes. (And I really miss New York City)

• Options

Sorry, I'll just take that part down then! It's just would be nice if all these life sim games have better clothes. (And I really miss New York City)

No need to. I'm enjoying it. :p
  • Options

No need to apologize! I'm enjoying it too haha
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Off topic deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    He says now he is pitching to epic games 😁
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    WfDTWx7.jpg

I'm done here 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    True we saw no paralives gameplay yet either but If paralives "happens" to be a scam atleast he did a better job than this guy.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Its also weird how he wants to put out DLC's every X (amount) of months, like he has this schedule but he still needs his fans to tell him he should take more time etc. Its just all too sketchy for me and I feel dumb for defending this game. I guess we just should move on and see what the future of the Sims has to offer. :)

Yeah, you posted basically the same thing here like three times already. We got it the first time. :)

• Options

I'm done here 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    True we saw no paralives gameplay yet either but If paralives "happens" to be a scam atleast he did a better job than this guy.

Okay, thanks for visiting! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top