Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• Options
    WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    Did you know that townies don't vote on the N.A.P.s until you convince them too? :(. I really hope this is a bug that'll get fixed soon. Atm the whole "gathering votes" activity is pretty pointless, because nobody but me seems to be voting. Are other people having this problem too?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Warning tip: Eco Lifestyle

It isn't a good thing to build when raining. It might be a good idea to turn off the option if you are wanting to build whilst your Sims occupy the house and you rotate play and building.

My lot wouldn't function properly or download a new house on to it as one of my Sims family left their umbrella in front of the building during a rainstorm and I got the "This object cannot be deleted notice" I had to evict the family to get the lot working properly again. It worked again when I put another family in. Otherwise, except for a few problems getting Community Spaces working properly at first I'm having fun with it.

• Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Wugri wrote: »
    Did you know that townies don't vote on the N.A.P.s until you convince them too? :(. I really hope this is a bug that'll get fixed soon. Atm the whole "gathering votes" activity is pretty pointless, because nobody but me seems to be voting. Are other people having this problem too?

Weird, no I do not have this issue. My sim lives in a neighborhood with 5 other individuals and by the time she went to vote on Monday, there were already a good 20 votes made for various plans.
  • Options
    Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    Did you know that Toddlers can nurture the insect farms. That helped me tremendously to keep them growing.
  • Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2020
    Maybe(probably) i'm the only one who didn't know this,but NAPs don't replace one another each week,they stack up so you can have multiple ones at the same time.I always assumed after each voting session the previous one would be cancelled...i feel like it'd make more sense that way?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did you know you can fabricate other upgrade parts? My sim got the recipe to craft electronic upgrade parts from Tina tinker.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    idkidk wrote: »
    Maybe(probably) i'm the only one who didn't know this,but NAPs don't replace one another each week,they stack up so you can have multiple ones at the same time.I always assumed after each voting session the previous one would be cancelled...i feel like it'd make more sense that way?

I read that you can have 4 operating at once. And I figured out that in Evergreen Harbor, there are over 5000 combinations, 3800 in the other worlds. If you want to get rid of one, you have to petition to repeal it, and get a certain number of signatures (5, I think). I don't know whether that counts as your N.A.P. for the week.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did you know that frugal sims prefer not to cook meals without the right ingredients? :D
    WiurcbB.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did you know that there is a Try for Baby option? So Aaron's mom called him on the phone and asked what is shown in pic. Four days later Aaron went to visit his parents and they had a baby boy--this is so Amazing to me because it gives me hope that they are working on fixing babies. Eco Lifestyle just keeps getting better and better as I play.

Eco-Try-for-Baby.jpgAaron visiting his parents house to say hello to his new baby brother.New-Baby.jpg[img][/img]

That's so cool I LOVE that. Makes things feel like the sims in other families and such can progress. Hope to see more things like this in the future.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Wugri wrote: »

There's a checkbox under General Options to turn on NPC voting for NAPs. See if it is checked or not.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    idkidk wrote: »

I quite like it like this. We don't need to vote again and again just to keep the NAP going in the neighbourhood. If we want to remove it we can repeal it.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Lol apparently your sim can be asked to compete in something called "The Motive Trials"? xD Idk what's gonna happen, my sim just left. Let's hope she survives.

ETA: well she came home because here motives went down and she lost. That's all I know :joy:
    VdfjzCE.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did you know that there is a Try for Baby option? So Aaron's mom called him on the phone and asked what is shown in pic. Four days later Aaron went to visit his parents and they had a baby boy--this is so Amazing to me because it gives me hope that they are working on fixing babies. Eco Lifestyle just keeps getting better and better as I play.

Eco-Try-for-Baby.jpgAaron visiting his parents house to say hello to his new baby brother.New-Baby.jpg[img][/img]

That's so cool I LOVE that. Makes things feel like the sims in other families and such can progress. Hope to see more things like this in the future.

I finally saw that message for my sims earlier while playing. Brent Heckling called me asking if he and Brant should try for a baby. I first thought it was strange but then remembered someone posting it as a bug or something. I hope in a way it stays because it's kind of a cute feature.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    This more of a useful tip than a did you know. If you are upgrading using eco parts and it says you are missing them and can’t upgrade even though you have some make the amount it says you need. For example an item might require four eco upgrade parts. If you have three already it will say it only requires one which is super confusing. Make one more and you should be able to upgrade then. Hope this makes sense. I saw players struggling with this and I figured it out last night playing.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @CelSims and @MVWdeZT Thank you both for the replies. I will give your suggestions a try. <3
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Every day I come in here I learn something new. There is so much in this pack that is new and different, it's going to take months of playing to experience everything! Toddlers nurturing the insects? NPC's selling items related to the different community spaces they are on? New phone calls from relatives? Wow. And the best part is the fact I haven't encountered a single bug or glitch! I probably will at some point, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    This more of a useful tip than a did you know. If you are upgrading using eco parts and it says you are missing them and can’t upgrade even though you have some make the amount it says you need. For example an item might require four eco upgrade parts. If you have three already it will say it only requires one which is super confusing. Make one more and you should be able to upgrade then. Hope this makes sense. I saw players struggling with this and I figured it out last night playing.

It's like that with electronic upgrade parts too, but the needing one more upgrade part is not really accurate either. I needed to upgrade the murphy bed and could only afford one part at the library. I went back to my lot and checked to see how many electronic parts I needed. It said I needed one more upgrade part. When I made some money I went back to the library and bought one more part. Went back to my lot and tried to upgrade the murphy bed and it said I needed one more part. I then cheated in money and went back to the library and bought several more electronic upgrade parts. Because I wasn't going to go through a lot of loading screens to buy one at at time and still need more.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    One of the easiest ways to gain Influence points is to give gifts to sims over and over again (it gives you 8 points per gift given) if you have Seasons. And you can even just give simoleons (any amount, all of them give 8 points) to them over and over to get influence points. Essentially "buying" votes in this game :D.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member

I think kiss neck might happen if you have Sacrificial's Passionate Romance Mod cause it has that interaction. Do you have this mod?

No! No mods except pose player.
  • Options
    Peppermix wrote: »

I think kiss neck might happen if you have Sacrificial's Passionate Romance Mod cause it has that interaction. Do you have this mod?

No! No mods except pose player.

I feel like my sims can sometimes perform the kiss neck interaction too, but not always. I do play with Meaningful Stories & Personality Please though, so I'm not sure if either one of those do that? But last night my sims were confident, I think, and they had the option.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ohhh this actually really excited me but I put a couple of vendor tables on my community garden and: did you know that if you do that, other sims will sell gardening-related items in them autonomously? Love this!
    9YWSpJe.png

This is awesome! I am totally trying this :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ohhh this actually really excited me but I put a couple of vendor tables on my community garden and: did you know that if you do that, other sims will sell gardening-related items in them autonomously? Love this!
    9YWSpJe.png

Same goes for maker spaces, in case anyone was wondering! This is really cool!
    et6DrDD.png

Now I'll try putting a vendor stall on the lot, curious to see if that works too :joy:
  • Options
    Yes, works too! ^