Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    AyallaAyalla Posts: 25 Member
    GPU: 4 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3500 Threading: 3
    Adjusted CPU: 4267 RAM: 16326 Adjusted RAM: 15814 Cores: 4
  • Options
    SweetCandy292SweetCandy292 Posts: 21 Member
    Has there been any fixes to the no aging glitch. Several times now my play-throughs just suddenly have everyone stop aging even with aging turned on. If anyone has any suggestions of fixes (or mods that fix this) Please do let me know!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2021
    Has there been any fixes to the no aging glitch. Several times now my play-throughs just suddenly have everyone stop aging even with aging turned on. If anyone has any suggestions of fixes (or mods that fix this) Please do let me know!
    There are several modded aging managers to choose from that each work differently, but much more reliably than EA standard. One is part of NRaas StoryProgression, one is part of AwesomeMod for those who prefer it. And for those who want neither story progression replacement, there is Buzzler's Aging Manager mod (not meant to be used with either of the above).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Hi! I installed a custom world (Haunted Valley from @Rflong7 ) and it just gets stuck on the loading world screen. Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @simmer_jay - It would be best, of course, to let @Rflong7 answer that question as no one would know her worlds any better than she does. But this thread is really intended for those with New Member status who have nowhere else to post their TS3 technical and in-game questions as they cannot yet start up a new thread. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    ah i have not idea how to tag people in comments im on phone ;-; can someone tag the puzzles person cause i replied to them but i assume they cant see it
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Hi! I installed a custom world (Haunted Valley from @Rflong7 ) and it just gets stuck on the loading world screen. Any ideas?

Thanks, @igazor :cookie:

@simmer_jay I don't know why it won't load. Make sure you have the Store stuff (only free Holiday stuff/Riverview). WA is a big part of the world with the trees and bridges so probably will cause problems. It won't be anywhere near what it should look like even if it does load. :(
    Since you now have WA installed and it still won't load, I have no idea.
    I was able to installed the original with only WA. That world has 3 or 4 expansions.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8442681#
    The world isn't as... expansive. :)
  • Options
    JulisJulis Posts: 6 New Member
    Im having an issue in a custom made world I made. For some reason I cant get any services to work on the lot. Papers get delivered and the firefighter will show up if theres a fire but I cannot get maids or butlers to show come to the lot. Ive tried using MC to force NPCs but that doesnt work. When I go into my other world (Dragon Valley) everything seems to work fine.
    Are roads required for maids/butlers to show? My custom world has no roads. Also wondering if theres a building lot I might need.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Ayalla You can tag someone by typing @ and then their username. Since you're a new member, the tag won't show up as a link, but the person you tag will still get a notification. And regardless, I always check back when I'm trying to help someone troubleshoot.

Origin isn't using too much CPU, so that's not the problem. Your graphics card is rated high instead of uber like it should be.
    That's easy enough to fix, but it also shouldn't cause the issues you're seeing.

Did the clean uninstall and reinstall of the graphics driver help? If not, as an experiment, you could try using the Smooth Patch released last month:

https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post/657467259898527744/the-sims-3-smooth-patch-11
    https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=658607

Your hardware is more than powerful enough to handle the default setting, and it's certainly smoothed out some players' games. If you don't like its effects, you can simply delete the files.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict i did yes, i didnt see a huge difference. the smooth patch comes up as a virus, is that normal? i will try it. it is playable but only really with the base game. i have messaged the dude who built my pc and he said i can trade in my current one and buy another one, so i might try that. i know the pc i have should run it but ive been doing everything and it still runs worse than my old laptop i used for school. thanks again, youre all very nice and helpful :3
  • Options
    @Ayalla I can see why an overzealous antivirus might flag the smooth patch, but it's not a virus. (The creator uploaded the source code to GitHub if you want to take a look.) Your antivirus might block it outright as well.

Since we're on the subject, it's worth trying to play with your antivirus disabled entirely; you can do this separately from trying the smooth patch if you want. As long as you don't open anything other than Origin and Sims 3, your computer should be safe. Some antivirus programs can interfere with games to a surprising degree, including tanking performance.

I understand why you might want to just get a new PC though. If you'd like to talk specs, let me know.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict uhhh idk what happened but i turned my pc on and now its flashing i think im definitely getting a new one, i think i messed it about too much and made it angry. ive mainly been looking at sims content creators pcs and seeing what the most popular stuff is. i asked buildmeapc on reddit and they were... not helpful. most just said my current one should run it and no one suggested parts. its mainly for sims 3 and maybe 2, but 2 runs fine atm on my current. if you could give me a general idea of whats needed for sims 3 +a few eps + store content. thatd be great. i gotta tell the tech guy who builds it what i need anyway. thanks in advance! sorry for being such a disaster i honestly have no clue why this pc hates me ;-;
  • Options
    @Ayalla Try restarting a couple times. Seriously, it's the best first step in troubleshooting.

The people on reddit are correct that your current hardware should be more than sufficient. But that doesn't mean that this particular computer is working as intended. If you're interested in spending more time troubleshooting this one, let me know, but I understand why it might be easier to upgrade.

If I were choosing parts for a new PC and had a little extra money to spend, I'd go with an Nvidia 2060 or perhaps a 1660 of some flavor. Even a 1650 is good enough though, and if you get a reasonably strong power supply (at least 500W and at least a bronze rating), you'll be able to upgrade the card down the line should you ever want to. Any Intel 8th-gen or later i5 or i7 (e.g. an i5-8400) is more than good enough, as are AMD Ryzen 5 and 7 processors, although I'd try to get at least a 3rd-gen Ryzen (e.g. a Ryzen 5 3600). The processor is upgradable too, at least to some extent, so if you need to go a bit cheaper on the CPU, that's fine, but at least get an 8th-gen Intel or second-gen Ryzen so you have a viable upgrade path in the future.

As for the rest, 8 GB RAM is fine, 16 GB is more convenient; a 512 GB solid state drive would be great and is probably the same price as a smaller SSD paired with a larger mechanical drive. If you can, try to get a quality motherboard and power supply though. I have no idea what your options are, but if you can find out, feel free to list them.

And there's no need to apologize. The whole point of this thread, and this section of the forum, is for people to get help with technical issues. We wouldn't be answering if we didn't like troubleshooting.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict wow thank you! he’s giving us £425 for the pc to be returned and id proba be going for £700-800 max honestly i have no preferences, i just want it to run well. i dont really need anything fancy cause id only be playing those. i’ll ask him what options there are.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict just messaged him and he said the pc i linked earlier is fine, but he can change the graphics card and i might ask for 500ssd instead of the 200. im not sure about mobo. but if you need the link to check, i can send it again
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Ayalla To be honest, I wouldn't go with that build at all. The processor is old enough that it might not ever get full Windows 11 support, and the motherboard might not either. That's far from settled, but it's worth considering if you plan on keeping this system for a long time.

More importantly, the processor and board are not optimized or ideal for gaming. The CPU has a relatively low turbo speed for its power, and its extra cores aren't going to help Sims 3, which can only use two cores. So in theory, your current processor would actually be better. And the CPU is four years old, and the board probably about the same; I wouldn't know without an exact model. While any X99 board is going to be at least good quality, they do wear out over time just like everything else.

The graphics card is also in the same family as your current one, just a bit newer and somewhat faster. That's not to say you'd have the same issues on the new system, especially since we don't know what's going on with this one. But if the problem is something about RX 500 series GPUs and Sims 3 and the current graphics driver and the current version of Windows, then you'd end up back where you started, other than the money you'd spent.

So I'd skip this system entirely, and maybe the company if it's only offering builds similar to this one. I could configure you a new custom system with a recent CPU and board and a newer, although not as fast, graphics card for not much more money, or at least I could when I looked a week ago for someone else.

But in your position, before spending any money, I'd try a clean Windows install, as in, wipe the system and install everything fresh. I mean, if you're willing to start from scratch with a new computer anyway, then it's worth trying to salvage this one.
    There's a proper way to go about it, so let me know if you're going that route. You can of course store any critical data on an external drive or upload it to cloud storage, the same way you would if you were transferring the data to a new computer.

And before that, I'd check the internal temperatures of the CPU and GPU as well as their overall performance. While this doesn't sound like a typical overheating issue—you'd probably be seeing fps drops, among other things—it's easy enough to test if you're willing to put in a bit of time.

I realize this post is kind of written backwards, but that's just how it came out. Anyway, whatever approach you'd like to take, feel free to ask for more specific suggestions or instructions.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict i definitely want a new one, if you could give me a list of specifics thatd be great! i live in the uk though, so that might change things. the ideal is under £900

i did all the fixes for the graphics card and im still getting random flashes and blue dots. im not too worried though considering i cannot play any of the games i want anyway.

im not really good with tech so if you could give the best in your opinion thatd be great. less money the better tbh
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Ayalla Either of these builds, modified from the base system, would work:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-kinetic-h1m-micro-atx-intel-h310-configurable-coffee-lake-gaming-pc-fs-1cm-og.html#t=b1c1d8
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-kinetic-h5m-micro-atx-intel-h510-configurable-comet-lake-home-pc-fs-1f7-og.html#t=a1d3e8

I believe the upgrades I chose should show up, but let me know if they don't. The easiest way to tell is by the prices: the first comes in at £858.91, the second at £906.04. The second has a newer processor and motherboard and a faster SSD, and although you don't technically need the faster drive, it's a great deal for £5 extra. I also added a 1660 Super to each build; you could get away with a 1650 if you'd rather save £120 or £130. The power supplies are adequate, not amazing but also as good as you're going to get if you don't build yourself or pay a premium to a different company.

Just as important if not more so is the 3 year warranty. The build quality of Overclockers systems is good, but it's better when you don't have to worry about your options and the quality of support.

I didn't look at the available cases because that's a personal decision.

If you don't like these two, let me know why, and I can look for other options.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict as long as they can run it i dont mind at all! the second one i think is my fave. is the card worth the extra £120? other than that the deal is great! 3 year warranty? jeez thats good
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    @Ayalla I personally think the card is worth it, and it's the right price for that kind of upgrade in terms of the cards' retail values. (Or rather, what the retail values would be if the current market were anything resembling sane.) The faster card would give you more of a buffer to account for the usual fps drops that Sims 3 has on any system. But you'd still be able to play on ultra graphics settings with the 1650. So whether the smoother experience is worth the cost of the upgrade is really a subjective decision.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict ok cool! i’ll have a think and choose which one. tbh this whole ordeal has stressed me out loads. thank you so much for dealing with this ;-; i will probs ask for it for my birthday.
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict hey so i showed my mum and she was confused as to why we couldnt put the parts in my old pc? like can we buy the best components for the sims 3 and get someone to put them in? and she also wonders if the sims 3 will run bad even on a better one? i do understand and i dont want to get a new pc if it will still run laggy. sorry again.
  • Options
    empyreantyrantempyreantyrant Posts: 15 Member
    Interesting issue: My family had 2 kids, a daughter then a son. Once the daughter was a teenager and the son was a toddler I dragged her Mr. Wiggles doll (which kinda just appeared in her inventory, I had neglected to buy her any toys as a toddler) from her inventory into the boy's inventory. Later that in game evening as the boy's sitting in his crib, somehow Mr. Wiggles appears on the floor outside his crib, and the parents get pathing errors trying to go to his crib and pick him up. It says "Can't pick up object in use." It doesn't say by whom. I tried the "moveobject on" cheat and that rectified the issue of being able to move it in buy mode, but now that no one's able to interact with it still, I want to just get rid of it. Unfortunately it will not let me sell it, and when I try to use the sledgehammer tool on it, it sitll gives me the message "Can't delete an object in use" even with "moveobjects on" so... what do?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @empyreantyrant - You have in one of your prior posts mentioned NRaas mods. If you are using them are not averse to them, there is a procedure to be followed that can be used to rid the game of an unwanted or apparently stuck Imaginary Friend doll. There are two parts to it if the doll had ever animated, because that means in addition to the doll object there is also an IF sim involved.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    empyreantyrantempyreantyrant Posts: 15 Member
    @igazor Yes, I have NRaas installed. I only use like 1% of the menu options available 'cos I don't know what the rest does hah! And I don't think the doll has ever animated, although after it got stuck last night I did get the message that "Ivy should put Mr. Wiggles down" indicating he wanted to animate but the game still thought he was in Ivy's inventory.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top