May 22 - Let's walk around the forums together, this week's Friday Highlight is here!
May 21, 11AM PT - Save the time for Eco Lifestyle livestream! Details here.
May 21 - Take a look at SimGuruConor's latest deep dive into Nifty Knitting: learn more about Plopsy!

NRaas Mods

I have just purchased a new computer and installing my mods. I have redownloaded the suite mods and they will not load into my game. The game goes back to desktop. Everything else works. Is there an answer for this? Thanks

Comments

• carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 313 Member
    Why don't you tell us exactly what you did - step-by-step - to reinstall the mods into your game? People will be able to help you better and show you what to do next.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,362 Member
    1.Which game? Sims 3 or Sims 4?
    2.Which mods exactly are you trying to download(Story progression, overwatch etc)
    3.Do you have your mods folder set up properly?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,161 Member
    I'm going to assume that by "everything else works," your Mods Framework is working correctly in that mods from other sources or other forms of package based content, if you have any, also work?

There are two situations with NRaas mods that will crash the game on startup every time for anyone. One is if the MasterController Progression optional add-on module is present but the StoryProgression mod is missing. The add-on module is meant to be a bridge between MC and SP, and it will malfunction if both base mods are not loading. The other is if the Cupcake mod is present but the EA store bakery set content is not loading as Cupcake's specific role is to manage that content. Either of these possible?
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,281 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that by "everything else works," your Mods Framework is working correctly in that mods from other sources or other forms of package based content, if you have any, also work?

There are two situations with NRaas mods that will crash the game on startup every time for anyone. One is if the MasterController Progression optional add-on module is present but the StoryProgression mod is missing. The add-on module is meant to be a bridge between MC and SP, and it will malfunction if both base mods are not loading. The other is if the Cupcake mod is present but the EA store bakery set content is not loading as Cupcake's specific role is to manage that content. Either of these possible?

Thank you @igazor for the useful tip I will see because I got problems with nrass mods too.
  • DawnelDawnel Posts: 73 Member
    igazor- The only mod that will not kick me back to desktop is Reutuner and it is one of the mods I want. No master control, story progression, error trap, overwatch will let me in. I tried running ET and OW alone with nothing else and it still did not work. I downloaded Cupcake but it is not in my game.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,161 Member
    @Dawnel - What kind of an installation is this (Origin, Steam, retail disc) and what patch level is your game at? What happens if you pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents or rename it thus forcing a new, no content game folder to spawn, set up the Mods Framework on the new game folder, and add a couple of mods like Overwatch and the base mod only for MasterController?
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • DawnelDawnel Posts: 73 Member
    @igazor I found my problem. I downloaded the SuperPatch and didn't open it. I was on the wrong Patch. /thank you for the help. Everything is working fine now.