Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I Have a Confession to Make

I have restarted my Cantrell save for yet a third time. I'm back using the same Erik Cantrell that has already achieved Global Superstar status. I abandoned that save for a second one, but I found myself seriously distressed. Despite the same skills as the first one, this second Erik (who achieved his Tile) wasn't as popular as the first one. It's pretty sad when even your own family members walk out on you, mid-concert. :open_mouth:

So, I did a bit of research online. I had it in my head to remove one of the first Erik's stars and allow him to reach that 5-star celebrity status in this brand new save. Well, I removed it, I used this cheat, traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Fame_CelebrityTileAchieved and nothing seemed to happen. In fact, he managed to earn back the star. I quickly checked his personal inventory, no Tile. Sadness.

There were two answers on the online thread. I tried the second one, after not being able to locate the Book Celebrity Cleanse. The second one flat out reaped me nothing. So, I tried the first answer. There are five steps. Of course you activate testingcheats true.
    1Book Celebrity Cleanse
    2.Quit Spotlight (which is on the bottom left of the Fame-page)
    3.Use the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Fame_CelebrityTileAchieved
    4. Step into Spotlight (located where you quit Spotlight)
    5. Cheat your Sim to level 5-star celebrity status,

VOILA

It worked! I'm over the moon. I have the more popular Erik, with a chance to place his tile, (so this save, should it end up being the main save) will have his tile on the Walk of Fame. He's written, so far, nine of twenty-two songs, and there's at least nine days left before high school begins. I'm basking in the joy of finally being able to have my cake and eat it, too. That includes the song that was under the wrong instrument, and the other one that just wasn't!

Phew!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure what happened, but just as I was getting fed up with the slow wait-staff and decided to have Erik go to his photoshoot, the Server was there, tray in hand. Suddenly, the tray is on the floor. Erik is on his feet. Did he bump her? Well, if so, and he was suffering from a bit of Swell-head Syndrome, this ought to knock him down a peg or two. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2023
    Freddie's main girlfriend proposed to him on Love day celebration. While he was busy with that, his sister used up all his fish to autonomously cook several meals, only to end up eating chips instead, as she must have remembered too late that she is a vegetarian ( the food was eventually eaten by other guests, so it wasn't a total waste) The fridge will be locked for visitors from now on, as there is perfectly good food on the table.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    All that studying makes Blue a thirsty Sim. Time for a break today.

7QgkkTX.png

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    The next morning while having her coffee Juliette checks the newspaper to see if there is any mention of her tile ceremony. There are plenty of pics and comments from other celebrities congratulating her and waiting for her next big hit.

C8RL90p.png
    mdUiQvO.png
    As she gets ready for another day crammed with appearances and interviews she reflects on all the hard work it took to get to this point in her life and wonders if it was worth all the sacrifices she made.

bmzHZxK.png

She'd missed so many of her children's milestones due to her hectic touring schedule. Amelia's first day of high school. Asher's 10th birthday party. And she'd totally put her wedding on the back burner. Sebastian, her fiancée, and the children's father, had been totally understanding but she didn't want to wait a moment longer and miss even more memories with her family.

Juliette decided to step out of the spotlight and spend her time with her family. She was grateful to her fans and hoped they'd understand.
    x32aIA2.png
    eskfROT.png
  • Options
    az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    I have started a new save in preparation for the new pack. Lorelei Everett is a master artist, going to school for her degree, and yet the most interesting thing to happen to her today is that every time her girlfriend, Bess, used her key to come by their other mutual friend would tag along.
    They are romancing on the couch and would be getting steamy but Tina is just in the corner eating chips like "Oh what an interesting tv show"
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    After I moved Logan into his new house I'd spent several days on, I discovered that I had accidentally gotten stuff mixed up and built and furnished it according to his cousin's needs, not his. Oops. Sorry, Logan, I'll get you a new one as soon as possible, untill then you gotta share with Kieran.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2023
    I wanted to share a little moment. As a little backstory, which may be a necessity for this thread?

Bella is a spellcaster (like she was in the promo of Sims 1 Makin' Magic) and she has had twins (and also a baby girl). Unlike some households, this one is very happy, where both the husband and the wife are family-oriented. They are very rich, they don't have a lot of worries and as a player, managing everyone (two adults, a teen, a child and 3 toddlers + a cat) isn't as challenging as in some other households it can be.
    And unlike the Landgraab family, whom also had 2 toddlers and they are struggling emotionally/mentally to take care of them, I actually really like the Goths. I have noticed their family is very easygoing; they connect so well together.

In their old house, I chalked it up for not having a tv. So they would gather together around the fireplace and talk, they play chess or read a book. It's very refreshing!

Currently they are living in their altered house, the one was uploaded to the gallery by the Sims team, it has the luxury pack items. They now have a butler also.
    Quality time with the Goths!

Little Aurelian
    kdzyoYv.png
    Little Cymbeline
    8oIBxs4.png

They both looked so satisfied afterwards, it had me chuckling.
    4jeuVyd.png
    "mnamamna" -crosses arms- :D
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Sometimes you've just got to do, what you've got to do for the good of your family. I await to see where this storyline heads. :)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2023
    Today I played a bit of my PC version of the Sims. Which is mostly the base game, with some CC.
    I created Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler from X-Men. I did a slight combination of his X-Men evolution look, and newer movies look. I also made him a teen. His aspirations were a large family, with bro and loyalty being his traits. I used some CC for his hair, and for a "tail." The tail came with another CC, which came with Chat Noir CC I downloaded before.
    I moved Kurt into Oasis Springs, since I tend to favor Willow Creek for the most part for families. I had him move into a furnished house, and had him do homework right away. He originally sat at a bench across from his house, but when he had visitors, he moved and did his homework while talking to them. He finished his homework, and got his comedy to level 2. After getting some books, and a computer, he practiced writing. He also got into gaming, and searched for a pen pal. His first day of school went well, but they teachers thought he could do better. He did homework again, and met his neighbor, who was a child with an evil trait. He went to bed for the night after that.
    With my PC I have more save files, because most of my play for that is to have one family in each save, with any Sims descended from them. Kurt, and in another save file with Zuko, I made them teens so they can max out their skills before starting families.
    Edit: I plan to remake my Kurt/Nightcrawler in my PS4 version of the game, and download some families I saw in the X-Men search, which included Kurt with both parents, or just with his mom or dad, and move them in as his neighbors.
  • Options
    Today I managed to upset my own bowl of apples. It was a bit disheartening to see the apples roll off of my desk and then across the floor. I speak in metaphor, only. By this I mean I goofed up. More than once. (This is becoming a bit of a habit with me. :open_mouth: ) At any rate, as per my other post about the fires on the lot, I tried a few things to fix it. I even decided to replace the lot with a copy of it from My Library. I should have uploaded this lot, then downloaded it again. But that was one of the mistakes I made. Erik lost his Best Song Accolade due to my haste. Then the bb.showhiddenobjects failed to work. I have no clue what I hit in build/buy mode, but the sub-categories in Decorations were suddenly non-existent, so I was beside myself. Two more fires hit inside the space of about ten RL minutes!

I did another game repair. Thankfully, this solved all of my ails. Aaron, Erik, Joey and Brianna all went to their first day of high school and all four of them (two at a time) were called and invited to graduate early. This is a good thing, since they all graduated from high school on planet Vulcan before they arrived back on earth. Erik was none too thrilled of repeating it, either. And boy can that kid belly-ache! I switched households and got Kayleigh ready for her first day. She also was invited to graduate early. I had all five of them apply for scholarships, so now it's just a matter of them receiving word. I'm near the end of the week in the game, Thursday. The following Thursday is Thanksgiving in my game. Adrian, the Toddler is having a birthday on Friday. I'm torn on whether to have the kids all leave for uni on Friday as I'm accustomed to doing, so that they have the full weekend to do all of the preliminary work. Erik is also up for his second Best Song. He's got three albums released and another one packaged, which he'll release. He's been very busy recording, so that he has enough for five more albums, all told. I'll have him package them all before they head off for uni, as the process takes a bit of time. Then he'll have five out prior to uni, with one to be released each term. I may have him make a sixth, just in case I decide to go for four terms, which I will have to decide upon depending how quickly I can get them through it. Last time, as I posted about it, I underestimated myself. That save they're graduated and looking towards the pre-wedding Events. Too much time leftover. I shall try better to pace myself.

Happily, there is plenty of time before Infants drop. Or I would be knee-deep into the weeds.
  • Options
    I was forced to install EA app at last, thankfully it seems to work fine to me.
    In other news, while checking Logan's relationships tab to see what he's been up to while I was not playing him I discovered that he's been cheating on his two boyfriends with a man not only at least 100 years older than he (born in 1800s), but who used to be his stepfather for few years. The same guy who's been trying to get with Freddie, mainly because Freddie looks just like his mom the guy once dumped and who now refuses to get back together with him.
    The Bold and the Beautiful, sims edition 😂
  • Options
    In other news, while checking Logan's relationships tab to see what he's been up to while I was not playing him I discovered that he's been cheating on his two boyfriends with a man not only at least 100 years older than he (born in 1800s), but who used to be his stepfather for few years. The same guy who's been trying to get with Freddie, mainly because Freddie looks just like his mom the guy once dumped and who now refuses to get back together with him.

Wow. My game is so tame :D I'm interested to see the gentleman from the 1800's. A victorian vampire, a la Lestat ;)?
    Interview-With-The-Vampire-tom-cruise-40663466-3012-2026.jpg
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’ve been avoiding playing my favorite sims while waiting for infants and Growing Together so to pass time, I’m building a base save (again) while playing random households (either CAS created or premades). My current CAS created sim (don’t remember her name) is exploring Journey to Batuu (I’ve never played this pack) and when she completes her aspiration, I’ll move on to the next household.

Instead of trying to force myself to stick with one family, I’m forcing myself to stick with one save. I think at heart I’m a rotational player and should stop trying to force myself to stick to be a legacy player.
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos Not everybody is a Legacy Player. I only do Pinstar's Legacy Challenge once per Sims iteration. Currently, I'm playing my favorite Sims, again. Can't seem to get my Rock Star to what I imagine is his End Game, if you will. Something always comes up that renders my save moot, or I fumble the ball, as I did just in trying to create a Back up of said save. I'm not a novice, either, which is truly disconcerting. But the most recent patch on 31 Jan., I was convinced like others, was the Patch. So, I did what we're advised to do. Make that back up and remove our Mods folder (if we have mods). Somewhere during the copying of my entire game folder, I realized I didn't have to do that, so I stopped it and then went about saving just the saves folder. When I looked around for it later, it appeared to be nowhere. :open_mouth: Yeah, talk about a punch to the gut. That file had been in use for quite some time, too. From HSY forward. Face/palm.

But, you're quite correct. You've discovered what kind of player you are, and I agree, just go with it.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I used to love my legacy saves in TS3 and TS4…until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Not sure why the switch but I’ll welcome it instead of trying to force something that’s not working. The ultimate goal is to add extended family members to the premades (I don’t like the fact that sims just drop from the sky with zero connections), not necessarily cannon though or I’ll just use the premades as base sims/families and change their names and appearances etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @GalacticGal I used to love my legacy saves in TS3 and TS4…until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Not sure why the switch but I’ll welcome it instead of trying to force something that’s not working. The ultimate goal is to add extended family members to the premades (I don’t like the fact that sims just drop from the sky with zero connections), not necessarily cannon though or I’ll just use the premades as base sims/families and change their names and appearances etc.

The whole point is there is no right or wrong way to play. The point is to have fun, which it sounds as if you are. :) I don't play premades, with the exception of a Walk-by a few saves back. My Rock Star was having just as bad a run of his love-life as he did in Sims3, to my chagrin. Then in she walks. Love at first sight. I had the wherewithal to save her since I learned the hard way, that Walk-by Sims aren't the same as the families in the various towns, that are all right there again in a brand new save. So, I saved her to My Library and then created a family for her to give my Rock Star in-laws.
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    Started a new Legacy challenge today - so much has happened so I will confine it to spoilers!
    Humble beginnings - this is how our journey started.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-21_23-37-51.png

Slowly upgrading..
    TS4_x64_2023-02-21_23-53-12.png?width=1193&height=671

Some exciting news meant we could expand our house once more.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_00-11-53.png?width=1193&height=671

TS4_x64_2023-02-22_13-12-27.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_13-13-39.png?width=1193&height=671
    Our lovely neighbour dropped a present round for us!
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_14-37-01.png?width=1193&height=671
    Starting to feel more at home now.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_15-58-38.png?width=1193&height=671

Got a message from her crush!
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-02-45.png?width=1193&height=671

Obviously, Bea went. They had a great time and I managed to capture some lovely SS. The way they're looking at eachother :'(
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-06-05.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-06-13.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-16-51.png?width=1193&height=671

TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-17-08.png?width=1193&height=671

Lewis & Bea went to the love festival, one thing lead to another and welp. They're official now!

TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-19-01.png?width=1193&height=671

TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-19-20.png?width=1193&height=671

Celebrating with some karaoke!
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-21-21.png?width=1193&height=671

Hoping this selflessness pays off..
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_16-32-06.png?width=1193&height=671

& it did! 25,000 smackeroonies.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_18-02-01.png
    Revamped the house & I'm obsessed. I'm not really a builder but I'm really proud of this.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_17-51-51.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_18-45-03.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_18-46-39.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_18-47-00.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_18-47-20.png?width=1193&height=671
    Some cute photos
    02-22-23_8-06-46_PM.png?width=1193&height=671
    02-22-23_8-07-16_PM.png?width=1193&height=671

& to end the day...
    TS4_x64_2023-02-22_20-27-45.png?width=1193&height=671

phew! that was a lot.

b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @jadetchi , that looks like a great start!
    Beautiful build, and what luck with Bess!
    Your sim reminds me a bit of the actress Michelle Hurd (most recently, Rafaela on the show Picard).
  • Options
    @jadechi What a lovely story. And for the record, you are now officially a builder. That house is darling! And I do hope this young couple can cope with a baby. Congratulations!
  • Options
    jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    @jadechi What a lovely story. And for the record, you are now officially a builder. That house is darling! And I do hope this young couple can cope with a baby. Congratulations!

Thank you so much!
    Well, she had twins :D this is going to be an interesting ride.
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @UniqueKhaos I have made the switch a while ago too, and if you love rotational play, I can absolutely recommend it! We may not be able to this anymore in the next Sims series, and sims 4 is totally designed for this sims 2/sims 1 style of gameplay.

Take advantage of it, I'd say! Just beware ;) everyone's going to call you for advice on having a baby or not. And I do say yes always as a rule, but it's a bit much now :D

Make it as involved or as casual as you like (I did create a sheet to keep track of everyone). You'll find that after a few rotations already - the alterations to people's looks, the adding and starting of clubs, the changes to community lots to meet needs of the population, that the world starts to become more engaging, more lively and interesting.

@jadetchi good luck with the legacy challenge. They are off to such a good start already, all in a day's work!
  • Options
    @Ciralinde I’m more relaxed playing rotationally as I don’t have a set schedule or goals. I just bounce where I fell like it. It’s kinda freeing and I can still have that legacy aspect if I want without feeling like I’m suffocating.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @simgirl1010 Sometimes you've just got to do, what you've got to do for the good of your family. I await to see where this storyline heads. :)

@GalacticGal I'm done with Juliette for the time being and will focus on Hannah, the middle daughter in my family. I was getting a bit weary of the whole fame scenario, mail, gifts, paparazzi, etc so I just ended it all. :D
  • Options

@GalacticGal I'm done with Juliette for the time being and will focus on Hannah, the middle daughter in my family. I was getting a bit weary of the whole fame scenario, mail, gifts, paparazzi, etc so I just ended it all. :D

Interesting. Okay, then bring it on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top