Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Tell Your Parents...

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam Well, my hubby uses shooters the same way as you do, so that aspect at least is not alien to me. He tends to play with friends though. Personally, I would rather hop into my hunting game and enjoy some quiet and beautiful nature and perhaps get a perfect shot at something before it turns around and attacks me :D I'm female too.

I think it's sad that we can't always share our interests with "loved" ones for fear that we will be judged. That's got nothing to do with love. At least my husband's family respects our gaming interests and accept them even if they don't understand them - I mean, they've had to, because their nerdy son has done very well for himself in life doing what he does. So, maybe gaming and computers are of a strange world to them - but, might I add, they do know who to call if they need IT support. 'Cause calling their son saves them money.

Yeah amen to that. I wouldn't bank anyone (relatives) outside my immediate family to understand my interests. That said, I probably wouldn't be able to understand theirs either. I think your relatives are doing the right thing. Accept + respect. The world def need more of that around. :smile:
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I share quite a bit with friends and family, especially if there's a big building project that I'm working on as it literally takes days from my life. 😂

Part of the joy of gaming and creating is sharing it with others.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I tell my mom about my sims stuff all the time. I feel like she only listens to humour me, but I still do because it's a wild ride with my sims.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    No parents to tell, and my sister is completely uninterested in gaming of any kind.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg