Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Maybe I'd feel better if I knew whether there are going to be other wearable items. Nobody seems to be forthcoming about that when it's brought up.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    15 doesn’t seem like a lot. Laundry day for instance had way more than 15 cas items. But then if they add hairs and maybe accessories we may end up with 20 cas items ?
    So I went and looked at what we got with laundry day and it came with only 17 clothing items plus three hairstyles. So really only 2 more than this pack, plus we don't know how many hairs we're getting yet.

Laundry vs Knitting
    1 dress vs 1 female full body
    5 female tops vs 3 female tops
    3 male tops vs 4 male tops
    1 female bottom vs 1 female bottom
    2 male bottoms vs 0 male bottoms
    2 female shoes vs 1 female shoe
    1 female sock vs 1 hat
    1 child dress vs 1 child dress
    1 child top vs 1 child top
    0 toddler outfits vs 2 toddler outfits
    The only problem is this is not Laundry Day which did not need new clothing options to actually add game play but with knitting what we get is what we can create and at this point with the vote its about 8 items we will be able to knit the other items for some reason I will never understand went to the losing vote... why did we vote again?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The only problem is this is not Laundry Day which did not need new clothing options to actually add game play but with knitting what we get is what we can create and at this point with the vote its about 8 items we will be able to knit the other items for some reason I will never understand went to the losing vote... why did we vote again?

First of all, I was responding to someone who was comparing the two packs for the CAS items alone.
    Second, they have already stated there will be other things to knit such as toys and decorations.
    And third, I'm more disappointed that half the CAS items could potentially be locked away and unusable if your sim doesn't knit. I buy stuff packs more often for the CAS items over any new added game play.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Y'all HAVE to include the viking helmet hat with beard at least lol!! Please?
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

And the llama hat! Absolutely iconic!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Even if we do get other CAS items to knit, I really don't think we're going to get mittens. I'd love them, but I think they would cause animation issues with the hand. (The hand would still animate fine, but the stretching of the mitten would be difficult to avoid.) There aren't many mittens for my other CG hobbies either.

Now, some clutter/decorative mittens, that I hope to see

Yes, that's the trouble with scarves. I'd love to see scarves in the game (both knitted and accessory), but that would be a whole new category of accessories. There would be a fair amount of work to design them so that they don't clip outfits and hair. (Really, that would need to be a patch - if they added it in a pack, we'd never get new items for the category, which would be a bit of a waste.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

And the cat with the fish 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

And the cat with the fish 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

They just need to include those 3 items and I'll be a happy camper...er...knitter.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm more disappointed that half the CAS items could potentially be locked away and unusable if your sim doesn't knit. I buy stuff packs more often for the CAS items over any new added game play.

This is how I feel too. I know I won't have much interest in the knitting aspect, and I thought there would be a separate vote for the things we could knit or pull the most popular ideas from the "What should we be able to knit?" topic.

If I had known that this vote would also count towards some of the gameplay, I would have probably voted differently.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh, it's exciting to finally see the results!! I should have marked down my final vote choices to compare, lol, why didn't I do that? I agree with those boots getting all the love, they are gorgeous! :love: I can't remember if I voted for them in the end, but I definitely wanted them. The men's tops are all great. I really like the female adult and child sweaters. I love the toddler onesie with the elephant on it. :love: I'm really excited to have a new in-game crafting activity to make clothes. I had a lot of fun making clothes in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway.

Dear gurus, please double-check the results for the rolled-up jeans with the thick brown belt and sparkles all over the thighs. This was clearly some type of technical error. No Simmers wear jeans like that. If you read back all eight pages you will see not a single person expressed any excitement to knit while shining in their bejeweled jeans. I strongly contest this vote result. Something terrible must have happened to the survey. Maybe it was hacked by whoever created those jeans.

Also, since we already have the cropped tank top 33 in a wide variety of colors and floral patterns, can you please replace it with some socks or slippers? Slippers can be embroidered too!

The hats though. :heartbreak::cry: I'm really sad that we are not getting more hats. There were just so many beautiful hats to choose from and I think the votes went a bit wild and split whereas the other clothing options had more consensus on which ones looked the best. Isn't this called vote splitting? Maybe the developers should really consider which category overall got the most votes. If it was hats... then please add 2, 5, 10, 16, 19 and 20. There is plenty of room for lots of hats they are very small items. <3

You are wrong. I like those jeans, in fact, I LOVE them.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Some coats/jackets we have in cas have a scarf included. I wonder if it would be somehow possible to get a coat like that but with no scarf in cas, and if you have the knitting skill you can complete it by knitting the scarf ?
    Even if we do get other CAS items to knit, I really don't think we're going to get mittens. I'd love them, but I think they would cause animation issues with the hand. (The hand would still animate fine, but the stretching of the mitten would be difficult to avoid.) There aren't many mittens for my other CG hobbies either.

Yes, that's the trouble with scarves. I'd love to see scarves in the game (both knitted and accessory), but that would be a whole new category of accessories. There would be a fair amount of work to design them so that they don't clip outfits and hair. (Really, that would need to be a patch - if they added it in a pack, we'd never get new items for the category, which would be a bit of a waste.)

• Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Some coats/jackets we have in cas have a scarf included. I wonder if it would be somehow possible to get a coat like that but with no scarf in cas, and if you have the knitting skill you can complete it by knitting the scarf ?

To me it looks like the scarf will come with the top (when you knit it, you knit both the scarf and the top).
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh, it's exciting to finally see the results!! I should have marked down my final vote choices to compare, lol, why didn't I do that? I agree with those boots getting all the love, they are gorgeous! :love: I can't remember if I voted for them in the end, but I definitely wanted them. The men's tops are all great. I really like the female adult and child sweaters. I love the toddler onesie with the elephant on it. :love: I'm really excited to have a new in-game crafting activity to make clothes. I had a lot of fun making clothes in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway.

Dear gurus, please double-check the results for the rolled-up jeans with the thick brown belt and sparkles all over the thighs. This was clearly some type of technical error. No Simmers wear jeans like that. If you read back all eight pages you will see not a single person expressed any excitement to knit while shining in their bejeweled jeans. I strongly contest this vote result. Something terrible must have happened to the survey. Maybe it was hacked by whoever created those jeans.

Also, since we already have the cropped tank top 33 in a wide variety of colors and floral patterns, can you please replace it with some socks or slippers? Slippers can be embroidered too!

The hats though. :heartbreak::cry: I'm really sad that we are not getting more hats. There were just so many beautiful hats to choose from and I think the votes went a bit wild and split whereas the other clothing options had more consensus on which ones looked the best. Isn't this called vote splitting? Maybe the developers should really consider which category overall got the most votes. If it was hats... then please add 2, 5, 10, 16, 19 and 20. There is plenty of room for lots of hats they are very small items. <3

You are wrong. I like those jeans, in fact, I LOVE them.

Lol sorry, they're definitely not my style, but I am very happy for you that you got your jeans! :)

• Options
    SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    bcd87 wrote: »
    Sad but not surprised 65 didn't make the cut. It was my favorite item, but it didn't seem particularly popular.

Will 70 and 80 have some masculine swatches? Boys need clothes too.

70 and 80 will include masculine, feminine, and unisex swatches.
  • Options
    @SimGuruSarah I'm curious to know...which female top was swapped out for the child sweater? I hope it wasn't a knittable one - we could really go without another crop top for females. And why did you decide on another item for female child Sims and not a unisex one like #91 for example, since male children don't get anything? If you did that, I think you might as well have chosen the top two or three voted items from every age and gender category.

The female top that was swapped out was not knit.

We decided on #80 for a couple of reasons, first and foremost being that it was the highest voted child asset that wasn't in the top 15. Secondly, while #80 was concepted to be a female top, the design is flexible and we can add variants to make it masculine, feminine, and unisex thus giving you something you can knit for all your child Sims.

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    *sigh* Once again, absolutely nothing that I selected. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @SimGuruSarah I'm curious to know...which female top was swapped out for the child sweater? I hope it wasn't a knittable one - we could really go without another crop top for females. And why did you decide on another item for female child Sims and not a unisex one like #91 for example, since male children don't get anything? If you did that, I think you might as well have chosen the top two or three voted items from every age and gender category.

The female top that was swapped out was not knit.

We decided on #80 for a couple of reasons, first and foremost being that it was the highest voted child asset that wasn't in the top 15. Secondly, while #80 was concepted to be a female top, the design is flexible and we can add variants to make it masculine, feminine, and unisex thus giving you something you can knit for all your child Sims.

Thank you for clarifying and I apologize if I seemed rude. I was jumping to the wrong conclusions when I saw the results. :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    Mocker wrote: »
    SimGuruSarah I have a question, what will happen to other concept arts that won’t win the vote?
    They will be forgotten or they have a chance to appear again in the future(update,DLC, etc)?

Unused concept art goes into an archive and our Art Directors can reference it again in the future.
  • Options
    I'm very disappointed by the results to be honest. Apart from a couple of winning items, it's like the least inspired assets won. I don't get it.
    Also, knowing now that the votes were not the only metric to select the final items, if they planned to only include one hat from the get go for example, they should have separated the items into categories for us to vote.

If the top votes had all been hats then this would have been the knitted hat pack :)

I'm personally disappointed that 4, 8, and 18 didn't win as I really liked those. I had actually guessed 20 would be our top voted hat, but it was hat #12.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

..........you.....do realize this is a KNITTING pack?! You didn't even bother with making it arts and crafts, you made it knitting...SMH.

There is nothing about arts and crafts about this pack at all (unless I am missing something)...so that doesn't make sense....

Actually, it was an Arts and Crafts pack with Knitting as the new Gameplay feature, if I remember the way the first vote was structured correctly.

And a lot of the concept art is Arts and Crafts/Craft room in style, especially for DIY Delight (but there were also looms and other non-knitting items in almost all the concept art sketches)

Yeah but it won't HAVE any other Arts or Crafts though..it's solely focused on knitting..that was the point I am making.

You're right that there won't be any other arts and crafts gameplay, but that doesn't mean the pack can't have other arts and crafts style items.

I'd have to pull the images into an editor, but I know I can find several non-knitting (or at least not knitting specific) craft items in each of the three art style images. (That beautiful massive crafting table for a start)

DaWaterRat sums it up nicely. The gameplay will be knitting focused, but we wanted to represent the theme of arts and crafts across the choices. The clothing vote included crocheted, embroidered, applique, bedazzled, etc items.

When the object vote happens it will contain knittable objects, as well other crafted-style objects and non-knitted craft clutter as options for voting.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I didn't keep my page where I jotted down my selections. I'm just happy that my Sims will actually be able to knit an item of clothing. Would that they could also knit blankets, etc. But, I'll gladly take the clothing items, for now. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Okay, at least the boots made it and two male tops I like.
    Just realising, will there be no new hairstyles in this SP or maybe that'll be a different vote...

The pack will include new hairstyles, but they will not be up for voting.
    This is the same as the last community voted Stuff Pack, Laundry Day.
  • Options
    bcd87bcd87 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > 70 and 80 will include masculine, feminine, and unisex swatches.

Thanks for responding! That makes me feel much better actually.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm pretty surprised neither of the apron style dresses made this pack.
    . #23 was a favorite of mine. I hope they make a version of it for an elder pack. I was shocked as well. Out of all the clothes, it says crafts the most. Was really shocked we didn't get dog/ cat ones, but maybe they will show up somewhere else, like for Halloween this year.

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    When the object vote happens it will contain knittable objects, as well other crafted-style objects and non-knitted craft clutter as options for voting.

So no chance of more knitted wearable items. :'(

We should have been told beforehand that there wouldn't be a separate vote on knitted items. A lot of Simmers have said they would've voted differently if they'd known we would only be knitting guru-chosen items from the CAS and object selections.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top