Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What day does classes start at uni? *SOLVED*

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
I ask this because since getting DU when it was released, my sims always start class on Tuesday. I've sent them on Sunday to get them settled in, meet their dormmates, etc. No notification that the term has started on Monday, it happens at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning. Is this happening with anyone else?
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Post edited by GoldenBuffy on

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    It depends on the schedule for each class. At least the first semester starts on Monday, but some classes are not scheduled for Monday and consequently start later in the week. The sims might do homework or other assignments before the first class, though.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Huh. I always thought the first day of term was the first week day after you enrolled, which is why I always enroll on a Tuesday/Wednesday so that I've got a full weekend as part of the term. Maybe it depends on what time of day you enroll, too. That is, the game may give you 24 hours to settle in, and then the next 8am on a weekday is the start of term.

Might bear some experimenting to see the exact parameters.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yeah, silly me. The term all depends on what day you enroll your sims. So since I start each family rotation on Sundays, that's when I enroll my sims. Which means, they start class on Tuesday even if they have a class scheduled for Monday. So now I'm thinking of adjusting my rotation to possibly Fridays. Or just stick with what I have now. We shall see. Thanks guys!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    You are right @DaWaterRat. If you enroll on a Tuesday it will start on a Wednesday; if you enrolled on Friday or Saturday it will start on a Monday.