Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I did some QA on the Build/Buy Catalog so you wouldn't have to

TL;DR: These are some bugs I found in the B/B Catalog, none of which are game-breaking (which is why I didn't file this under Answers HQ).

It all started while I was working on a Tudor-style house in Windenburg.

1. I searched for "Tudor" items for my build, but then this happened:

lXDWDcl.png

I didn't have testingcheats on or any of the hidden objects cheats, but they were there in plain view. This worked with all of the other Styles tags, as seen here when I searched for "Shotgun":

fIH58JH.png

That's where my unpaid QA journey began.

2. I also found that searching for "Empty Rooms" takes you to the "Pools > Water Objects" items, which showed as empty, instead of the correct category:

FZAbbSE.png

3. If you go to "Build > Styled Rooms > Saved Rooms > Career", then click on the "Browse the Gallery for rooms" button, the Gallery dialog that pops up doesn't automatically filter to Career & Misc rooms. Probable cause: The Catalog calls the category "Career" but the Gallery calls it "Career & Misc." :smile:

I haven't dug too deep so these are just the small problems I found. The packs I own are in my signature, if it helps, and I have CC but they were disabled in the settings when I took the screenshots. Just to reiterate: none of these are game-breaking... I think.

Does this also happen in your game, or is it a me problem? :lol: Has anybody found other problems with the Catalog (aside from how badly categorized some of the items are; that's a whole other issue)?
Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP

Comments