Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Change to deck ladders?

I'm pretty sure that when I tried placing these on lots with no ocean that I used to get a message saying they aren't valid, along with them going red and not playing. I tried on both land and using them in pools, to no avail.

However I tried today and:

kBQdwDc.png

I got it working on Britechester Library with the proviso of having it extending down into a swimming pool. As I said above, I'm pretty sure I tried them on none ocean lots into a pool and couldn't use them. So! Am I going crazy or are they fiddling with ladder possibilities?!

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Wow! I really hope so!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that when I tried placing these on lots with no ocean that I used to get a message saying they aren't valid, along with them going red and not playing. I tried on both land and using them in pools, to no avail.

However I tried today and:

kBQdwDc.png

I got it working on Britechester Library with the proviso of having it extending down into a swimming pool. As I said above, I'm pretty sure I tried them on none ocean lots into a pool and couldn't use them. So! Am I going crazy or are they fiddling with ladder possibilities?!

They better be, I want my ladder only lofts!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I would love it to work, tried recently to attach one to treehouse and was;nt able too.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    hopefully they get it to work on land, and it looks like it may be a free patch if it is. which would be great for the people complaining that no ladders were included in tiny living that way they don't even have to pay for it.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Playing around with this today I realized that that particular ladder is a community lot version of the dock ladder. The other versions still cannot be placed on a none water lot. Maybe this one could have been placed all along, I don't know.
    I'm unable to find this item in the catalog on a residential lot so my plans to mess around with a one tile pool and ladder to a second floor are dashed D: I hope they're working on ladders.
  • Options
    JackTrysTheSims4JackTrysTheSims4 Posts: 1 New Member
    What if they combined that with crawling, so you could have an attic with a ladder? Or maybe a secret tunnel that doesn't quite fit with a staircase?