Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to get rid of imaginary Friend

I have a discovered a very nice way of getting rid of the IF, I really felt kind of bad leaveing the IF off somewhere, so I have decited that I did not let my toddler play with the IF, when he bacame a child, I then had him make friends with another child and gave it to him for a gift. he took it and now my sim child does not have a IF anymore. A very humane way to get rid of the IF. I know that is silly, but that is just me

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yup, I have done that, too. Nowadays, I use Master Controller, as there are less errors that way, but gifting is the only safe vanilla way I know of.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    That´s a good idea! Does the other child play with it?

I normally just put the IF doll in the parent´s inventory as soon as the kids get them in the post, if I don´t want them to get real.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I have no idea if this is bound to break my game someday, but I use NRAAS debug enabler to put the doll in the family inventory. :lol:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The key as to whether shifting the doll around into different inventories or even deleting it (the object way with testingcheats) is going to work out well or not is whether a sim has ever materialized out of it. Before that happens, the doll is just an object. After it happens it is both an object and a sim and may thus require special care as sims cannot be deleted or suppressed as easily as mere objects can. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    That´s a good idea! Does the other child play with it?

I normally just put the IF doll in the parent´s inventory as soon as the kids get them in the post, if I don´t want them to get real.

@Waterdragon I am not sure because I only play one family. I did this because I am doing another A-Z challenge only this time I am doing it a little dirrerent. with dice. Like if you throw a 1-3 you mary and 4-6 you do not marry. also the same for Girl or Boy baby, Now if you do not marry you can adopt, married girl 1 or 2 boy 3or 4 and adopt if 5 or 6. there is more, but it is just to make it a little different, this time around. You can throw the dice for a lot of things. careers, collecting, etc.
  • Options
    The reason I did not put it in the parents inventory is that I did not want it passed down from generation to generation and have a lot of dolls in the parents inventory. better to give it as a gift
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    There is a mod to disable it completely on Modthesims if you'd like.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    I’m wondering, is it possible to set IFs on fire? :evil grin:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    But there's potentially a sim in there. Why would anyone want to set a sim on...(looks up to see whom I am responding to)
    Oh, never mind. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    I guess I'm one of the few that don't mind the IFs and get extremely sad, when my Child doesn't get one. I like making them real. In a sense, at least in my mind, making them real "gets rid of them". 'Cause I get to control them 'cause I'm narcissistic, like that xD
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Aaeiyn wrote: »
    I guess I'm one of the few that don't mind the IFs and get extremely sad, when my Child doesn't get one. I like making them real. In a sense, at least in my mind, making them real "gets rid of them". 'Cause I get to control them 'cause I'm narcissistic, like that xD

I have the chance of a newborn getting an Imaginary Friend set to 100%
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    In principle, I don't mind IF's, either. My founder's family started with four kids and four IF's. They were mostly raised like the founder's own kids, and all of them are still around. However, as they all come with a default face, I had to edit them to give them some individuality. I also kept another IF of one of the later kids, who I thought had an interesting personality. On the other hand, many IF's tend to bug out in my game, often stuck in some "half-materialized" state, sometimes duplicating, and Error Trap recorded lots of related errors. This is why I needed a reliable method to purge the bugged ones from the system and lean towards switching them off. If they were less buggy, I wouldn't mind the dolls.
  • Options
    AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited January 2020
    Karritz wrote: »
    I have the chance of a newborn getting an Imaginary Friend set to 100%
    Is it through Nraas or something? I do have Nraas. Can you teach me, how to do it?
    Turjan wrote: »
    In principle, I don't mind IF's, either. My founder's family started with four kids and four IF's. They were mostly raised like the founder's own kids, and all of them are still around. However, as they all come with a default face, I had to edit them to give them some individuality. I also kept another IF of one of the later kids, who I thought had an interesting personality. On the other hand, many IF's tend to bug out in my game, often stuck in some "half-materialized" state, sometimes duplicating, and Error Trap recorded lots of related errors. This is why I needed a reliable method to purge the bugged ones from the system and lean towards switching them off. If they were less buggy, I wouldn't mind the dolls.
    That's fair.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Using NRaas Retuner to disable (or further encourage) the spawning of IF dolls:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Members-Retuner-Settings
    (do a ctrl+F type of browser page search for "imaginary";
    use 100 instead of 0 for the chance to be 100% for each baby born;
    alternatively a standalone tuning mod could be used)

More information about handling IFs generally:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Imaginary-Friend
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Aaeiyn wrote: »

@Aaeiyn I am like you I love the IF, I only gave the IF away as a gift because I am playing the A-Z Gen. but a little different this time. I am using dice, throw dice 1-3 you marry or 4-6 you do not marry. So you have a single sims If you marry you throw the dice to see if you birth or adopt. If you birth then you throw to see if it is going to be boy or girl, so my Sim will not marry, but can adopt to keep the gen going, so that is why I gave the IF away, usually my sims marry their IF, I throw dice for everything, My sims do not work so I throw diec to see what their skill will be to make money, Farmer, writer, painter, carpenter, etc. I have 12 ways to make money. looking forward to see how this comes out. But the IF i think are cute and I love how they look when they trun into a sim.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @Aaeiyn I see @igazor has given you to info you need. I use NRAAS Returner mod to do it.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer ^
    tenor.gif

Insightful thread. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    DahliaWDahliaW Posts: 20 Member
    There is an option like "Ask leave alone" or whatever it is in english.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    DahliaW wrote: »
    There is an option like "Ask leave alone" or whatever it is in english.

It's still available for the sim to talk to again, though. They just have to apologize and they'll be right back again.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,780 Member
    If I have the points, I buy the Philosophers stone. When a baby gets an imaginary friend doll, I transfigured it to gold. Then I collect the gold. I know that is only one way to get rid of them.

@Nikkei_Simmer I like how you think, lol >:)