Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates change their clothes and make an outfit slot? *Warning: Don't change their clothes*

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
At first, wasn't sure if it was just the sims having their frustrating hidden situational outfits and changing into them for no reason. Had Becca (girl that came packaged with DU) as a roommate and suddenly looked to see what she was doing and she was in a completely different outfit. Had went into CAS to check and sure enough she had a second outfit. I know she only had ONE everyday outfit.
O2wJOvp.png
Kinda scratched my head with this since first time I've seen it and this is outside dorms. The next day she went to the bathroom and changed into another outfit with another slot. Whhhhaaaa...
GtzWzQR.png

Anyone else experience this?
EDIT:

Confirmed to be a quirk with a roommate changing their outfit, but if you think them having a full set of outfits will prevent them from adding new outfits to everyday category haha, no. They will CHANGE the outfit out. :#
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,006 Member
    My time in university housing at Britechester the roomies were constantly changing outfits.
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    My time in university housing at Britechester the roomies were constantly changing outfits.

Really? Think I seen it once with one of my sims roomies, BUT he had the insane trait an I figured he probably had changed clothes for that reason. Majority of the sims I make tend to have a full wardrobe in almost each category so haven't noticed any changes from sims I've made being roomies.

Though interesting feature. :o
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    this is most likely because of one of the roommate quirks called 'big closet'. there are a number of hidden traits roommates can have that affect various aspects of their life as roommates
    these traits fall into three different categories:
    archetypes (like breaker, fixer, meal provider, emo loner and a few others)
    interests (that decide what interactable objects a sim uses. bakers will bake all the time, fitness interest will always be at fitness equipment, music interests will play any nearby musical instruments or create violins or guitars if nothing is nearby)
    quirks (not every roommate gets a quirk, but they include things like bathroom hog, big closet, late on rent, loud music, absent and a few others)
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    @kalaksed that’s cool! I still wish we could see the options in this Big Closet. I’ve gone through and re-CASed so many dormies to the point of exhaustion. It’s kind of irritating when they start sporting their goofy costumes. I take it personally. 🤣
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    this is most likely because of one of the roommate quirks called 'big closet'. there are a number of hidden traits roommates can have that affect various aspects of their life as roommates
    these traits fall into three different categories:
    archetypes (like breaker, fixer, meal provider, emo loner and a few others)
    interests (that decide what interactable objects a sim uses. bakers will bake all the time, fitness interest will always be at fitness equipment, music interests will play any nearby musical instruments or create violins or guitars if nothing is nearby)
    quirks (not every roommate gets a quirk, but they include things like bathroom hog, big closet, late on rent, loud music, absent and a few others)

Good to know! Changed a few of them thougj some of these outfis are oddly put together.

Is it just their everyday they change their clothes in?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited November 2019
    One of my Sim's roommates in Foxbury spawned in all black with kind of a darkish personality, so I brought him into CAS and added some piercings and tattoos, fixed his clothing to look better but still be in either black or dark colors, and added some extra categories. I find that I really like the Sim.

Well, fast forward to the next Sim-day, and all of a sudden he's strutting around the dorm wearing this hot pink shirt or jacket or whatever it might've been along with those pink/purple floral-looking dress-pants! I use a mod that allows me to change the outfits of other Sims without being in control of them in that moment, so I immediately go into the outfit options menu and see that this bright, pink outfit has been added as a third outfit option for his everyday wear! I couldn't believe it. I still have to go back into CAS and delete the outfit.

It was amusing to see him wearing something the polar-opposite of his style, but also kind of irritating since I'm tired of the game creating and/or making Sims wear outfits that weren't made for them by the player (event outfits, for example). But to add a whole new outfit in CAS, really?!
    Post edited by DevilNDisguise on
  • Options
    One of my Sim's roommates in Foxbury spawned in all black with kind of a darkish personality, so I brought him into CAS and added some piercings and tattoos, fixed his clothing to look better but still be in either black or dark colors, and added some extra categories. I find that I really like the Sim.

Well, fast forward to the next Sim-day, and all of a sudden he's strutting around the dorm wearing thishot pink shirt or jacket or whatever it might've been along with those pink/purple floral-looking dress-pants! I use a mod that allows me to change the outfits of other Sims without being in control of them in that moment, so I immediately go into the outfit options menu and see that this bright, pink outfit has been added as a third outfit option for his everyday wear! I couldn't believe it. I still have to go back into CAS and delete the outfit.

It was amusing to see him wearing something the polar-opposite of his style, but also kind of irritating since I'm tired of the game creating and/or making Sims wear outfits that weren't made for them by the player (event outfits, for example). But to add a whole new outfit in CAS, really?!

Yep a trait for roomies and they take it uppn themselves to add clothing to their everyday category. Best you can do is remoce that trait from him so you dont have to worry about him getting new outfits. :smile:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I think it is great that NPC are showcasing a little bit of personality in their clothing options. I feel like so many at like drones.
  • Options
    ZzMANzZ wrote: »
    I think it is great that NPC are showcasing a little bit of personality in their clothing options. I feel like so many at like drones.

True. I actually like the fact that they have these quirks and it makes living wirh a npc sim feel so lively. Why I like the quirks from get famous.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Fair warning with this quirk as I would suggest removing it if you have a sim with a full set of clothes the sim with this quirk will change their clothes regardless and replace the outfit.

Doesn't seem to affect the very first slot for everyday, but every other slot is free game. So remove it less it's just a roommate you don't mind changing out new outfits every other day. Oddly enough they do be matching.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Is there any way to remove this trait? It's not coming up under Remove Trait using UI Cheats, and I can't see it under MCCC.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Well, fast forward to the next Sim-day, and all of a sudden he's strutting around the dorm wearing thishot pink shirt or jacket or whatever it might've been along with those pink/purple floral-looking dress-pants! I use a mod that allows me to change the outfits of other Sims without being in control of them in that moment, so I immediately go into the outfit options menu and see that this bright, pink outfit has been added as a third outfit option for his everyday wear! I couldn't believe it. I still have to go back into CAS and delete the outfit.

Yep a trait for roomies and they take it uppn themselves to add clothing to their everyday category. Best you can do is remoce that trait from him so you dont have to worry about him getting new outfits. :smile:

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a hidden trait attached to him to be removed.
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Is there any way to remove this trait? It's not coming up under Remove Trait using UI Cheats, and I can't see it under MCCC.

Other than manually typing the cheat in, I'm not sure. But I haven't been able to find the hidden trait either, at least for this one Sim.
  • Options
    ryttu3k wrote: »

Other than manually typing the cheat in, I'm not sure. But I haven't been able to find the hidden trait either, at least for this one Sim.

Do you know what it is? I can't find it on the list of DU cheats.
  • Options
    PiercethedominoPiercethedomino Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="ryttu3k;c-17330166"][quote="DevilNDisguise;c-17330144"][quote="ryttu3k;c-17330098"]Is there any way to remove this trait? It's not coming up under Remove Trait using UI Cheats, and I can't see it under MCCC.[/quote]

Other than manually typing the cheat in, I'm not sure. But I haven't been able to find the hidden trait either, at least for this one Sim.[/quote]

Do you know what it is? I can't find it on the list of DU cheats.[/quote]

You have to click on the roommate > Mc command center > Mc cheats > cheat sim info > mood/buff control > remove buff > scroll down > click buff_RoommateNPC_Quirks_BigCloset

I don’t know how long this’ll last and whether or not it’ll just appear, but this will get rid of the problem if you have Mc command center.
  • Options
    PiercethedominoPiercethedomino Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="ryttu3k;c-17330166"][quote="DevilNDisguise;c-17330144"][quote="ryttu3k;c-17330098"]Is there any way to remove this trait? It's not coming up under Remove Trait using UI Cheats, and I can't see it under MCCC.[/quote]

Other than manually typing the cheat in, I'm not sure. But I haven't been able to find the hidden trait either, at least for this one Sim.[/quote]

Do you know what it is? I can't find it on the list of DU cheats.[/quote]

You have to click on the roommate > Mc command center > Mc cheats > cheat sim info > mood/buff control > remove buff > scroll down > click buff_RoommateNPC_Quirks_BigCloset

I don’t know how long this’ll last and whether or not it’ll just appear, but this will get rid of the problem if you have Mc command center.
  • Options
    @Piercethedomino thank you so much! I actually did just add the roommate in question into my household, but thank you for telling me for future reference!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Try removing the hidden trait manually; it should be listed as 'trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_BigCloset'

and in case your game breaks from doing that, you may have to add in a diff quirk again to replace it; here's the other quirks for roommates:

trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_Absent
    trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_BathroomHog
    trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_LateOnRent
    trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_Prankster
    trait_RoommateNPC_Quirk_PublicAffectionDisplayer
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DillyPoohDillyPooh Posts: 2 New Member
    @kalaksed that makes sense! It has this one sim in the dorm that appears w/ food almost every minute 🤣 and another sim who’s a total slooooob. And also one who I’m assuming has the big closet hidden quirk Cause sis stays changing her clothes.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LilMsSam also has a mod to deal with this quirk: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/189268559758/new-random-small-mod
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Jordyn04Jordyn04 Posts: 1 New Member
    Do anyone know how to change the roommate outfits on a ps4?