Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DU: How many classes is your sim taking?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    3 classes per term
    The first sim I put through university started out with four courses his first term. At first I felt very overwhelmed, and despite finishing off that term with straight A's he had no social life to speak of and wasn't doing too hot overall. Second term I decided to tone it down a bit and picked two courses + one elective. But due to how hectic the first term was and I managed, the second term felt too empty since I was already in the mindset of a full course term. Third term I reverted back to four courses, but this time it was a breeze. His last term he only needed one credit to graduate so I also shoved him into the spirit corps, and he finally developed more of a social life.

His brother started out with three courses, but due to his scholarship he had to join the esports team on the side which was not so much hectic as it was annoying, poor thing only had Sundays off. I didn't re-enroll right away for the second term and he worked on his robotics skill on his own for a while before continuing his studies, without the esports scholarship. He finished his remaining terms in threes, and partook in robotics.

I'd say my happy medium is 3 courses (or 2+1 elective) if I'm also joining an organisation or have some sort of other activity on the side, otherwise I definitely prefer a full term.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    3 classes per term
    3 and finish all the projects on the first day of the semester.
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    3 classes per term
    3 classes, but I have 2 sims attending. I actually think 2 would be best if you want to experience everything Uni life has to offer. I feel that I should also mention my sims are struggling, with the 3 classes...one of them is on academic probation lol
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    2 classes per term
    2 Classes. I tried 4 but was entirely TOO much work. Plus he had job so it left no time for anything else and he was ALWAYS tense or tired.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    3 classes per term
    I just got the pack for Christmas so I've just barely dipped my toes into the pool of all DU has to offer. My first student started out Rags to Riches basically living in the Commons and Library. Once she hacked her way to a tidy bundle of simoleons, I had her apply for scholarships. She was awarded 2 of 3 and qualified for a Distinguished degree in Computer Science at Foxbury when accepted. She's currently living in a room by herself in the Tidal dorm with seven other all female dormmates.

So far she's only attended each class once so a long way to go yet. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. One of a few flies in the ointment is how other Sims are constantly pestering her to chat. I've resorted to locking her dorm room door to everyone, including her, just so she'll stay put and do her coursework and can hack in peace. o.O She has a bike, but I tell her to walk to class and so far she's made it on time or early to two, but a tiny bit late for one since two classes are scheduled only 5 minutes apart and in different buildings. Sheesh! How do they expect her to get there on time without cheating?

All the food her dormmates pull out of the bathroom mirror is annoying, they're all slobs, won't fix anything, constantly are dancing with the music on full blast and two of them play the violin at all hours. I've read that's realistic for a college dorm, but it seems a bit over-the-top to me. *shrugs*

Anyway, we'll see how it goes from here on out. I might just have her live off campus for the next semesters. Or rent out rooms in her own house if she can afford it by then. We'll see...

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    2 classes per term
    First semester she took three classes and, while it was doable, I felt like there wasn't time to have any fun at all, so now she's taking two per term and it feels about right.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    4 classes per term
    In an established household with a pet, a spouse, high quality furniture and decent skills 4 classes are perfectly doable. I wouldn't do that to beginner sims, least of all if they lived in the dorms.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    3 classes per term
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    4 or it would take forever to graduate.

I just pause aging.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    3 classes per term
    Three classes is what I can handle. Also, that is four "years", which at least over here is as long as it usually takes IRL.
    My Sim changed major after the first year though, and lost two of three credits. So she's doing three classes a year and five years total.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2020
    2 classes per term
    I had a hard time deciding between 2 and 3 classes. I have tested having 2, 3 and 4 classes.

I hated 4 classes because my sims were too busy and really could not socialize. I guess if I wanted to rush a sim through University, I would choose 4.

Three classes felt like a good balance but I couldn't imagine adding anything else to the mix like an organization, secret society, soccer, etc. There would probably be no time to socialize.

I think I am going to stick with two classes. When I did it the first time, I almost felt like my sims had too much time. I have added an internet cafe\bowling alley\arcade to the town. Now they have more things to do and more places to hang out so I want them to enjoy Uni before they have to start working and be responsible...LOL

Edit: I also pause aging because I consider University like a different age stage.
  • Options
    3 classes per term
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Three classes felt like a good balance but I couldn't imagine adding anything else to the mix like an organization, secret society, soccer, etc. There would probably be no time to socialize.
    ---
    Edit: I also pause aging because I consider University like a different age stage.

I find three classes + one (1) Society / Organization is very doable. My whole system would break down if I joined another one, tho. So I went for the Bot Savants and that's it.

And yeah... I can't imagine playing on Normal Lifespan without paused aging. That's like half of your YA period just... gone. On Long Lifespan, where you have 90+ days as YA, 28 of them is still a lot. So I pause it for just that reason; IRL four years in your 20's is hardly as impactful as four weeks in the Sims, even on Long Lifespan.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    4 classes per term
    After playing DU for a month now, I realized that 3 classes per term is the ideal number for my style of gameplay. Usually 2 main ones and 1 elective, so they can work on some skills.
  • Options
    C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    1 class per term
    1 class plus an elective. I have a toddler and a baby.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    3 classes per term
    3 classes (either 2 core and 1 elective or 3 core) for most cases. This gives the proper pressure for my game style that's fun. Sometimes they fall behind and do badly but at 2 classes I'll have an A+ in every class with no real pressure.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    4 classes per term
    Anything less would feel to easy
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    4 classes per term
    I do 4 Classes per Term for the first two Terms, then I do three per Term and then one or two and two or one Class per Term till it runs out; it depends on whether i'm ready to leave, what the GPA looks like and if I've finished everything I set out to do, lol.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    4 classes per term
    my sim is taking 4 classes plus she's involved with e-sports and bot savants she's also a freelance programmer. She's a very busy bee.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    3 classes per term
    I play multiple sims and I currently only let them do 3. The first sim that went to uni did 4 and it was crazy town.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1