Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the science lab?

I have "Get to Work" and have worked at the science lab, but no longer do. But I'd like to go there as a tourist and collect crystals etc by digging. Where can I find it?

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t know of any way to access it without being a scientist and going to work. It sure is a great dig site though and I wish I could visit, too.
  • Options
    hucker4hucker4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2019
    There are "tourists" there when you work there (when you work there you often get asked to use the simray on tourists etc). So I thought I could just travel there like they must do and wander in and nick all the crystals. I've managed to get enough crystals for the current aspiration from travelling into space through a wormhole in the rocket in their garden, and a few frogs from the forgotten hollow or whatever it's called, but I have no idea where to find fossils.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, you can only go to the lab while actively a scientist, and only while on the clock

the three work lots created for get to work are hidden and there's no way to travel to them if not in the right career, and during that career's work hours (the one exception is pregnant sims visiting the hospital to give birth). it seems rather like a waste because i like the areas outside all three lots and would love to have sims visit those
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    You can't access it as a tourist. You would just have to dig the crystals on other lots.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    hucker4hucker4 Posts: 122 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    yeah, you can only go to the lab while actively a scientist, and only while on the clock

the three work lots created for get to work are hidden and there's no way to travel to them if not in the right career, and during that career's work hours (the one exception is pregnant sims visiting the hospital to give birth). it seems rather like a waste because i like the areas outside all three lots and would love to have sims visit those

Thanks, you just gave me the idea to check for a mod for that. And there is one! I'll try it this evening (it's morning here and I have work to do):
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160482176315/the-sims-4-mod-travel-to-special-lots