Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seasons expansion and snow issue

TCGDazTCGDaz Posts: 57 Member
Hello,

This is my first time experiencing the Seasons content for the Sims 4 so please excuse me for asking this question.

My current game is in Spring and there's snow around the outside of the house. I'm unable to place any type of floor on the outside. At the moment I'm trying to build a garden area but not having much luck. Will the snow disappear by it's self? I tried the settings for Seasons by selecting no snow. This didn't remove it.

Is it possible to manually change the current season/weather?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    The snow does melt by itself, yes. I'm just coming into Year 5 in my game and each spring, the snow melts pretty quickly. Are you in the first day of Spring, by any chance? If yes, the snow's often melted by about midday, as far as I can tell :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    @MissyHissy Hi and thank you for replying!

It is the first day of Spring yes. I do enjoying seeing the snow, but not when it comes to building on it! :wink:
  • Options
    You're welcome!

This was on the first day of Spring in the week I've just finished playing:
    QiTledY.jpg

As you can see, the snow melted gradually but by midday, it was all gone. So you should have no problems then <3
  • Options
    @MissyHissy The time is 12:19 PM and the snow is starting to melt! Thank you for replying and posting the screenshot! Nice house btw! :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear it! And thank you very much <3
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    This is in the morning, the very first day of spring in Windenburg.
    If you want to get rid of the snow immediatelly just travel to another world for a few sim minutes and when you come back the snow should be gone. At least that's what happens in my game.

12-11-2019-12-09-12.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @DoloresGrey Hi and thank you for the tip. Nice screenshot! :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It all depends on what the temperature is too. Just like in real life snow can stick around in spring if it's still cold. I have my game set on 28 day seasons and I get the fully gradual change. Perhaps if you put it on lower season length the snow might disappear quicker?