Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving EVERYTHING so far

Oh I'm so excited for Friday. I've literally been slow-playing my main rotational save, about 20 families, for the whole year hoping University would be next and the wait has paid off. I have 6 teens I'll be sending. And best of all, I'm loving everything I've seen about the pack! I've been watching gameplay videos, build buy, and next up is CAS! I haven't been disappointed yet.

Anyone else's? How are you feeling about the pack now that the Simscamp Embargo has lifted and info is dumping out?

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I love it! I haven't been so excited for an expansion since Seasons! I think TS4 has the best way of doing University since all of the worlds are open to go to.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    me too, im looking forward for the new improvements and features so far. i wus shookt on the new features not being limited to britchester like the roommate system and dorms. this truly feels like and real expansion pack i'd say. can't wait to buy it on coupon or sale or something.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    After SimsCamp Embargo... i got inspired and have so many Story Ideas, that i wanna play out.
    Ojay i dont love EVERYTHING, but a lot of it was Maxis marketing strategy.

I am excited too and have a feeling that Sims4 University will be enjoyable for me. Because usually i am not really into those packs.. Just the fact that you can study in every world and in every type of house is amazing. I didnt liked the fact in previous titles that you where litteraly trapped in this one world. I love the realistic vibe in this pack. Like having some sort of a ''box'' that you can put all your furniture in it and the box goes in the inventory and all.

CAS snatched my wig it is actually a must have. Overall this pack is for every Simmer a must have. Because it works with the overall Game. There are still stuff left to do, that doesnt feel awkward when you dont enter UNI. And it has a great replay value, because its just part of life, where other packs are kinda niche. *cough* Island Living is the complete opposite.
    Will buy and install DU first instead of Cats & Dogs, Island Living and Get Famous that i dont have yet.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @orkhid22 it is refreshing to see your joy about this pack. I hope you are not disappointed and get alot of game play out of this pack. Looking forward to hearing how your game play is going after you purchase it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I have only watched one game play video so far from sims camp, James Turners. I have to say after watching his day in the life of a uni student, I can't wait to get this pack. I love how you have to do more than just attend class in order to do well, I can see what they mean about managing your time, especially if you take more than a couple classes per term. I am going to go see if I can find a few other videos to watch. I can't wait till I can get my hands on this pack.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    yea im super excited about the pack too after watching addtional gameplay videos, im all set for friday. but my question is how do you play six sims?? i can barely keep up with one..
  • Options
    I admit I have been frustrated lately, up until until the embargo ended because of the no-information-strategy and the weird livestream, but seeing all this Game Changer content has me excited again!

This is the first Sims iteration of University I'll be playing so for me this is completely new gameplay. I have a legacy save and another kinda new one I've been loving - and I am prepping both for the 15th :smiley:

And wow @orkhid22 I am impressed by your patience, so happy for you that it payed off :blush:
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I couldn't be more excited for the pack, really. There's not ONE thing that disappoints me from what I've seen so far. I almost feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I'll have to do as soon as I get the EP :joy:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    University has been my favorite (or one of my favorite) expansions in every version of The Sims. I'm so excited for this content and it looks like its going to be so much fun.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    I'm super excited and it's nice to see something positive here for once. It feels like the vast majority of the time it's just loathing TS4 on this forum.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I am sooo looking forward to it, I University is after Seasons my favorite EP and I love pretty much everything I’ve seen!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Friday needs to get here ASAP 😭😭
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @orkhid22 it is refreshing to see your joy about this pack. I hope you are not disappointed and get alot of game play out of this pack. Looking forward to hearing how your game play is going after you purchase it.

I can report back as I plan to okay the weekend. For my play style I don't expect too much disappointment if any. I'm a simple player.
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I have only watched one game play video so far from sims camp, James Turners. I have to say after watching his day in the life of a uni student, I can't wait to get this pack. I love how you have to do more than just attend class in order to do well, I can see what they mean about managing your time, especially if you take more than a couple classes per term. I am going to go see if I can find a few other videos to watch. I can't wait till I can get my hands on this pack.

That's the one I saw that got be so hyped. For me, each pack adds more than what my Sims were doing before. I don't blitz through. I've discovered that Sims will progress through UNI if you switch households, so, I'm going to try and play all 6 teens at once in UNI and see how that goes.
  • Options
    Tony89 wrote: »
    yea im super excited about the pack too after watching addtional gameplay videos, im all set for friday. but my question is how do you play six sims?? i can barely keep up with one..

I don't have a household under 3 Sims. My favorite is households of 8. I wish we could have 8 Sims and 2 pet slots. I might pull my hair out trying to manage 6. But all the teens are eagerly awaiting their acceptance letters!

I'll post my teens, soon young adults, after work today. And their families.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Tony89 wrote: »

I don't have a household under 3 Sims. My favorite is households of 8. I wish we could have 8 Sims and 2 pet slots. I might pull my hair out trying to manage 6. But all the teens are eagerly awaiting their acceptance letters!

I'll post my teens, soon young adults, after work today. And their families.

Wow you're a warrior! I struggle with more than 2 Sims lol. Please tell me each of the 6 teens will only take 1 class per term, otherwise I'm worried for you.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Im very excited for this one, too! I also love working with large households! Good luck with your six teens, it sounds like you'll have some fun with them a038.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m over the moon! After watching the livestream and several gameplay videos I am super excited! I’ve had a sim standing by since the first launch trailer.😆 I’ve just been piddling around in my game until the game drops Friday.❤️
  • Options
    CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    I didn't catch the livestream, but all the content from Simmers on YT got me super excited as well. Having two universities is going to be so much fun and I have the rivalry stories ready :D
  • Options
    FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2019
    This EP has brought me out of my Sims 4 hiatus for over a year! I am also a large family household style player - almost every home has 8+ sims jam packed in for fun and chaos. Thanks to modders, I have a household with 15 sims and that keeps me on my toes! (See gif of this family below)

I think what sold me on this pack is roomies and housing outside on the unI world. I have so many ideas that have been on the back burner that I am squealing with delight, haha.
    akddFdd.gif
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    @Freedomdeep Love the look of your family band! :D They look like a fun group!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    For my play style, I believe this will be the best sims university imo. It's nice having the option to take up classes from any world. I love that you can live around campus even if you don't go there. I love how you can juggle taking classes, work, and family. We also get 13 lots to customize. (I think it's 13)😄
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Sorry I haven't been back. It's been a rough week and now the game won't even play for me. I've enlisted help in the technical part of the forums. Right now my game crashes every time I try to load the game. So I've got no screenshots to post. I played a little bit and since the first crash, I've not been able to get back in the game at all. I went from being excited to seriously bummed. The little bit I did get to play was fun. Sadly it didn't last.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been back. It's been a rough week and now the game won't even play for me. I've enlisted help in the technical part of the forums. Right now my game crashes every time I try to load the game. So I've got no screenshots to post. I played a little bit and since the first crash, I've not been able to get back in the game at all. I went from being excited to seriously bummed. The little bit I did get to play was fun. Sadly it didn't last.

Have you tried cleaning your sims 4 cache to see if that helped if you haven't already?

5vJrxmT.png