Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2019 (Maxis Monthly Announced)*Patch Out Now *

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i can be excited now. people i shop with should not tell me i don't need much. i used those words to get 2 orgin cards. and preordered.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Piercing CAS update would be nice !

48942710.jpg

Frost said it’s for Uni only

Ahh that's too bad for people who aren't buying the pack.

what happens when they graduate then the piecings get ripped out? i'm being serious.

They meant that the facial piercings would only be available for people who buy the university pack.

I don't know why they'd hold piercings back to an EP. It should be released to the base game but yeah it's been confirmed it's locked to Uni.

I mean maybe in the patch they will give us some. Doubt it tho.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    i can be excited now. people i shop with should not tell me i don't need much. i used those words to get 2 orgin cards. and preordered.

Does anyone know what time the pack comes out on the 15th?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    midnight I think
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping the lighthouse woohoo is finally fixed in this update and the UI so we can take pics of the UI again. Both have been broken since the June 18th Patch. I would have thought the lighthouse woohoo would have been fixed by now. I miss that red light beam when sims were woohooing in the lighthouse.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm hoping the lighthouse woohoo is finally fixed in this update and the UI so we can take pics of the UI again. Both have been broken since the June 18th Patch. I would have thought the lighthouse woohoo would have been fixed by now. I miss that red light beam when sims were woohooing in the lighthouse.

I hoping vampire bite when very angry gets fixed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Occult eyes for Spellcaster to be fixed & release all the eyes & skin tones no matter if the sim is an occult or human.
    Mermaids needs to be fixed also.
    And No More Random Tourist Outfits and No More Random Humans Being Turned Into Spellcasters.
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I would like bug fixes, but also desperate for the sims to get a personality update, or at least a different kind of attraction system.

Like everybody else says, I want whims to be overhauled too.

I don't have ROM currently, but while I was put off by the lack of content for kids (and the no-cost potions), I really liked how randoms could become spellcasters without your input. I know I'm one of the few, but I liked how you could see them dueling in other worlds, so I'll be a bit sad when this is patched if I get ROM.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Based on Discover University’s minimum requirements, this patch will upgrade the graphics API from OpenGL to Metal for Mac users.

I really wish they would also upgrade from DX9 to DX12 or at least DX11 for PC users. Otherwise, TS4’s Mac version will be superior to the PC version, as Metal will completely eliminate performance issues associated with draw calls, due to Metal being as much as 100 times more efficient at draw calls than OpenGL. It seems unfair that Mac users get the better version of the game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I should think they'd fix the potions value bug - you'd think that one would be fairly easy - and ideally, the ancient bloodline bug, along with a variety of other bugs.

My only wish is for homeschooling - that would make sense as a pre-university freebie. And perhaps give teens a choice of 'tracks' in high school, similar to the child aspirations? (That might be a bit too big for a patch, especially since there will be a lot of coding in preparation for university.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So they only do a maxis monthly is something new is coming via patch, right? Well a simguru teased that the photo of the sim on the floor is something that isn’t coming from the DU pack, so hopefully we get info on a maxis monthly on the 1st. The October patch came earlier than I thought, and it made this thread feel like it’s been here for a loooong time
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I hope that bunk beds come in this patch. They weren't shown in the trailer, but things from the patches rarely are, so... maybe?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I hope that bunk beds come in this patch. They weren't shown in the trailer, but things from the patches rarely are, so... maybe?

maybe they will. toddlers came in a patch. i remember cause my game broke that day. i want bunk beds too.
  • Options
    I'd love to see shower woohoo in this update.
  • Options
    do we have any idea when the patch will be released?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    do we have any idea when the patch will be released?

A few days before the EP, so likely around the 11th or 12th. I don't know if EA is going to be closed for Veteran's Day or not though.
  • Options
    I'd love to see shower woohoo in this update.

me too sometimes its the only way my adult sims get prvacy. their usually outnumbered.
  • Options
    1 week till the patch releases!!!!

I'm as excited for this patch as I am Discover University.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Based on Discover University’s minimum requirements, this patch will upgrade the graphics API from OpenGL to Metal for Mac users.

I really wish they would also upgrade from DX9 to DX12 or at least DX11 for PC users. Otherwise, TS4’s Mac version will be superior to the PC version, as Metal will completely eliminate performance issues associated with draw calls, due to Metal being as much as 100 times more efficient at draw calls than OpenGL. It seems unfair that Mac users get the better version of the game.

Big *unlike* then as it means I won't be able to play it :( My Mac is nowhere near new enough to have Metal.
  • Options

You're right. Windows is also now 64 bit only with the new patch. That will affect a lot less people than the metal requirement.

I might be able to play with a windows 10 partition but OSX is much nicer. I don't want to be forced to use the legacy edition with no gallery etc.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Big *unlike* then as it means I won't be able to play it :( My Mac is nowhere near new enough to have Metal.

According to Apple "all Macs since 2012" support Metal. You need to have an almost 10 year old Mac for it to not support Metal.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    SimGuru Frost just tweeted that there is Maxis Monthly this month.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

New content in the patch then. (they did say they'd only do a MM if there's new content to show off) Question is, what kinda content.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

New content in the patch then. (they did say they'd only do a MM if there's new content to show off) Question is, what kinda content.

Base game bikes?
  • Options

According to Apple "all Macs since 2012" support Metal. You need to have an almost 10 year old Mac for it to not support Metal.

I have an 8 year old iMac. It doesn't support metal.