Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Cats and Dogs] Can I make my pet die of old age (or of anything really) with aging off?

I always play with aging off and decide when to age up my sims on my own. My sim family has had a dog for a really long time now (the kids have gone from children to young adults) and thought it would be realistic to have him leave for doggie heaven :(
But I don't know how to make it happen (without mods if possible). The dog is an adult. If I turn aging on, I don't want my sims aging. Is there some work-around I haven't figured out?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There might be a treat for it in the vet's vending machine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited October 2019
    Well, the only way I can see the way to do that is this:
    Download TwistedMexi's mod that allows all the cheats that were disabled in Seasons patch, then enter this cheat:
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name <FirstName> <LastName> (I have found it working when the pet doesn't have a last name)

You'll get the pet's simID. Turn the aging on for a moment and enter this cheat:
    sims.age_up <Pet's simID>

Elder pets should then die by old age while younger pets age up.

There is a pet age up treat that can be bought in a vet clinic, but it cannot be given to elder pets.
    So I really don't know any mod-free alternatives. We can ask the developers to unlock/add a cheat that ages up sims and pets.